PDA

View Full Version : TYT's Cenk: "That ad is awesome!"

qwerty
12-29-2011, 01:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odlEuyDxAOk&feature=youtu.be

FriedChicken
12-29-2011, 01:03 AM
is your OP blank or is my computer screwing with me?

AngryCanadian
12-29-2011, 01:03 AM
Nice lol why i see nothing in that post? :confused:

AngryCanadian
12-29-2011, 01:04 AM
is your OP blank or is my computer screwing with me?
I am having the same issue, your not alone.

qwerty
12-29-2011, 01:05 AM
fixed...

Lavitz
12-29-2011, 01:09 AM
fixed...

Yeah, I see it now. Cenk doesn't seem to realize the ad was from RevPac, and Ron wasn't the one who decided to run it.

blocks
12-29-2011, 01:12 AM
Wow. Thanks for posting.

green73
12-29-2011, 01:14 AM
Good stuff!

ronpaulfollower999
12-29-2011, 01:14 AM
So Cenk hasn't given up on Ron Paul entirely. Good to see.

I know people here will bash him since he is a progressive, but we will need votes from people like him in the general.

pen_thief
12-29-2011, 01:15 AM
Cenk is like that broken clock that's right twice a day. He's usually right when he talks about Ron Paul & foreign policy ;) If he ever gets away from Al Gore, goes rogue and removes his head completely removed from his own hindquarters, I might give him another chance.

ronpaulitician
12-29-2011, 01:16 AM
Or that the words were taken from a Ron Paul speech.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnbSUEwA2Co

RonPaulFever
12-29-2011, 01:16 AM
Cenk is coming around. Yeah he's a liberal and misinformed on a lot of basic issues, but he has a conscience. When Ron wins Iowa and possibly NH and catches fire nationally, he'll have no choice but to support the only true anti-war candidate.

ronpaulitician
12-29-2011, 01:17 AM
So Cenk hasn't given up on Ron Paul entirely. Good to see.

I know people here will bash him since he is a progressive, but we will need votes from people like him in the general.
Don't forget those PPP cross tabs. They expect a full quarter of Iowa caucus goers to be Democrat or independent. Among those, Paul holds almost a 4 to 1 lead on Romney. The Blue Republican tactic works wonders.

nobody's_hero
12-29-2011, 01:19 AM
Oh lord wait until he sees the one that RevPac just released a few hours ago.

muh_roads
12-29-2011, 01:20 AM
This is why I want Ron Paul to win the nomination. The ads we could air against Obama would be so hilariously destroying of his presidency and also destructive to virtually the entire democrat party.

The republican establishment not embracing Paul makes the whole situation very clear. They benefit from democrats in power as well...they care little who wins. Newt Romney may get them a little more money, but Obama gets them enough as it is and Paul threatens to take away all of that power from them.

Reaching republican voters and trying to convince them that middle east propaganda that has been sold to them is all a lie is definitely our most difficult hurdle.

pauliticalfan
12-29-2011, 01:23 AM
That ad will play great with the TYT audience. Kudos to Cenk.

deadfish
12-29-2011, 01:24 AM
Or that the words were taken from a Ron Paul speech.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnbSUEwA2Co

+rep Thanks for posting, a great addition to my youtube playlist.

sailingaway
12-29-2011, 01:26 AM
The left loves that ad. The right not so much. GOP primary. I wish they hadn't done it. RON doing the speech isn't so accusatory it invites you to think about it, golden rule style.

The new stuff is terrific, though.

ronpaulitician
12-29-2011, 01:30 AM
The left loves that ad. The right not so much. GOP primary. I wish they hadn't done it. The new stuff is terrific, though.
I love the many angles the ads take. It only takes one angle to somewhat get through to a voter, to give them that, "Hmm... Maybe I should give this guy a second look." If it's the compassion ad that takes away the reservations they had against him on race, then maybe they open their eyes on foreign policy. If it's the fact that veterans and active duty members so overwhelmingly support him, maybe they open their eyes on the debt.

qwerty
12-29-2011, 01:34 AM
Oh lord wait until he sees the one that RevPac just released a few hours ago.

do he have a email ?

idiom
12-29-2011, 01:38 AM
That ad on its own could just about win the general.

sailingaway
12-29-2011, 01:46 AM
I love the many angles the ads take. It only takes one angle to somewhat get through to a voter, to give them that, "Hmm... Maybe I should give this guy a second look." If it's the compassion ad that takes away the reservations they had against him on race, then maybe they open their eyes on foreign policy. If it's the fact that veterans and active duty members so overwhelmingly support him, maybe they open their eyes on the debt.

It makes 'typical' GOP voters feel like they are being accused of something. It was picked up by a major conservative blog, and not in a flattering way.

I understand some will like it, I personally don't mind it although I wish they had stuck with Ron's voice. We had a bunch of people here who were offended by it though, enough that I consider it controversial.

TheViper
12-29-2011, 01:49 AM
That video gave me goosebumps. Absolutely stoked by it.

The message, the music, the illustrations, the voice transition at the end, the illustration transition at the end....a brilliant melding of Ron Paul's floor speech and presentation.

LandonCook
12-29-2011, 02:20 AM
Where can I find that ad?

ronpaulitician
12-29-2011, 02:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhxBM8ebECo
Also check this "What If" video (which was probably the inspiration for the Imagine video ad).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR_MTh7oMcY

TheViper
12-29-2011, 02:28 AM
Where can I find that ad?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Q3FORvHKhuk

Schiff_FTW
12-29-2011, 02:29 AM
The ad is from Revolution Pac, not the campaign. It's a good ad but I doubt the campaign would put it out.

jkob
12-29-2011, 02:36 AM
Cenk is really bipolar when it comes to Ron. Agreed tho that it is an awesome ad.

BuddyRey
12-29-2011, 03:36 AM
Wow, that ad is completely new to me!

I've been treated to the "Compassion of Dr. Ron Paul" ad, and the "Chinese Troops on US Soil" ad all in one night.

You best believe RevPac is gonna get a fat check from me.

eleganz
12-29-2011, 04:15 AM
I want to be in a room to witness the reaction of a neocon when they see this ad for the first time...

has anybody experienced that before? Please share...

rfbz
12-29-2011, 04:37 AM
Cenk is like that broken clock that's right twice a day. He's usually right when he talks about Ron Paul & foreign policy ;) If he ever gets away from Al Gore, goes rogue and removes his head completely removed from his own hindquarters, I might give him another chance.

As a daily viewer of TYT's commentary, I'd like to say that he's right way more than just the rate of a broken clock. Yes, he has a liberal bent and I 100% disagree with him when it comes to certain things like how to handle health care, but he's usually spot on with a lot of issues. He's not the go to guy for a libertarian voice, no - but to just disregard him is a mistake in my opinion. We can learn from everyone.

affa
12-29-2011, 05:27 AM
It makes 'typical' GOP voters feel like they are being accused of something. It was picked up by a major conservative blog, and not in a flattering way.

I understand some will like it, I personally don't mind it although I wish they had stuck with Ron's voice. We had a bunch of people here who were offended by it though, enough that I consider it controversial.

The more times people here that idea, the more likely it will stick. Yes, some might be turned off at first. But they keep hearing this idea, explained in different ways. It is truth. And it will wake people up one by one.

Consider these ads as 'seeds'. Not every mind will awaken instantly. But over time? Truth will prevail.

Crotale
12-29-2011, 05:42 AM
As a daily viewer of TYT's commentary, I'd like to say that he's right way more than just the rate of a broken clock. Yes, he has a liberal bent and I 100% disagree with him when it comes to certain things like how to handle health care, but he's usually spot on with a lot of issues. He's not the go to guy for a libertarian voice, no - but to just disregard him is a mistake in my opinion. We can learn from everyone.

I disagree. Cenk is good political ally to have on our side because he helps the Blue Republican movement. However, in terms of his beliefs and hostility to liberty, Cenk is no friend of ours. He is also a very amateurish journalist. For example, his rudeness and stubbornness in the Peter Schiff interview, where he just cut him off because he disagreed with him. As a journalist, he is a liberal version of Fox. As I said tough, in terms of trying to win an election, having him on our side should be welcomed. He is no Jerry Doyle or Ben Swann, we should not be giving him any love. He hates the GOP establishment more than he likes Ron Paul. In a race between Ron Paul versus Obama, he'll almost certainly get behind Obama.

JuicyG
12-29-2011, 05:50 AM
I disagree. Cenk is good political ally to have on our side because he helps the Blue Republican movement. However, in terms of his beliefs and hostility to liberty, Cenk is no friend of ours. He is also a very amateurish journalist. For example, his rudeness and stubbornness in the Peter Schiff interview, where he just cut him off because he disagreed with him. As a journalist, he is a liberal version of Fox. As I said tough, in terms of trying to win an election, having him on our side should be welcomed. He is no Jerry Doyle or Ben Swann, we should not be giving him any love. He hates the GOP establishment more than he likes Ron Paul. In a race between Ron Paul versus Obama, he'll almost certainly get behind Obama.

Sorry to say this but Peter Schiff was the one little abrasive in that interview. I like Schiff, read his Crash Proof book, think he`s great guy but can come across as abrasive. I also listen to his Radio show from time to time. I suggest you check out his radio interview with Robert Kiyosaki and see how he managed to turn him off because doesn`t know when to shut up and allow the other party to talk. I have to admit I have same flaw myself and something I`m trying to correct.

I think Cenk is great ambassador for bridging gap with the left in support of Ron Paul. We don`t need to burn bridges but create some. If Ron Paul gets elected, he`ll represent us more than the left but for that he has to get elected first and we need all votes.

affa
12-29-2011, 05:57 AM
Cenk is really bipolar when it comes to Ron. Agreed tho that it is an awesome ad.

Converts from the left go through the similar growing pains as do neo-cons that wake up to liberty. Whereas neo-cons realign their heads on national security, military offensive strength, and whatnot, the left need to reinterpret their own compassion. If anything, the left have a harder time, since it requires shifting actual parties, whereas neo-cons realize they're only going back to what their party is supposed to stand for. Both require the harsh realization that gov't isn't always good - the crucial paradox of the left/right paradigm.

The 'left' believe gov't is bad and will send our kids to war... but they also think gov't good, in part because it will protect us from the excesses of corporate malfeasance (think child labor, pollution, etc). The 'right' believe gov't is bad, in part because it can hurt businesses, and create bureaucracy... but good, because they'll kill those that supposedly threaten us. Some from both sides care deeply about civil liberties, but don't understand liberty.

And both are half right. The half about gov't being bad, that is. And what's funnier, still, is both sides inherently know it. The same people on the left that will chastise the Pentagon for buying a $700 hammer trust them with our tax payer money when it comes to education or health care. There are many on the right that trust the trigger finger of a politician but wouldn't trust that same politician with their money.

And so, you'll see people like Cenk in the early stages of waking up. He's obviously digging around Ron Paul videos of late; and as he hears the message of liberty again and again, in different ways, he too will realize all of this -- foreign policy, the economy, everything... is tied together.

Most here can look back at their own past and remember that shift into becoming a Ron Paul supporter, and their own personal hurdles. In my case, it wasn't foreign policy. It wasn't economic policy. It was actually just one single, solitary detail - I never, ever thought I'd be able to trust, let alone support, a politician. That was my 'growing pain' -- finding trust.

Give those on the left time to come around, just as we hope neo-cons and evangelicals and everyone else does. Just as you gave yourself that time, at some previous point in time.

PatriotOne
12-29-2011, 06:30 AM
That-a-boy Cenk. Come outta the dark....come towards the light.

PatriotOne
12-29-2011, 06:35 AM
It makes 'typical' GOP voters feel like they are being accused of something.

It might make some uncomfortable at first, but it's going to make them "think" and that is a good thing IMO.

LibertyEagle
12-29-2011, 06:41 AM
The left loves that ad. The right not so much. GOP primary. I wish they hadn't done it. RON doing the speech isn't so accusatory it invites you to think about it, golden rule style.

The new stuff is terrific, though.

I agree. I would even take it further. That ad is horrible for the GOP primary. Absolutely horrible.

LibertyEagle
12-29-2011, 06:42 AM
It might make some uncomfortable at first, but it's going to make them "think" and that is a good thing IMO.

I don't think so. It will just make Republicans think that what they have been told is right -- Ron Paul blames America.

We have to win the REPUBLICAN primary first, or it is over.

Agorism
12-29-2011, 07:14 AM
bump. sry's

airborne373
12-29-2011, 08:25 AM
I subbed to TYT back in the day. But IMO Cenk Uygar cannot be trusted.

da32130
12-29-2011, 09:36 AM
Converts from the left go through the similar growing pains as do neo-cons that wake up to liberty. Whereas neo-cons realign their heads on national security, military offensive strength, and whatnot, the left need to reinterpret their own compassion. If anything, the left have a harder time, since it requires shifting actual parties, whereas neo-cons realize they're only going back to what their party is supposed to stand for. Both require the harsh realization that gov't isn't always good - the crucial paradox of the left/right paradigm.

The 'left' believe gov't is bad and will send our kids to war... but they also think gov't good, in part because it will protect us from the excesses of corporate malfeasance (think child labor, pollution, etc). The 'right' believe gov't is bad, in part because it can hurt businesses, and create bureaucracy... but good, because they'll kill those that supposedly threaten us. Some from both sides care deeply about civil liberties, but don't understand liberty.

And both are half right. The half about gov't being bad, that is. And what's funnier, still, is both sides inherently know it. The same people on the left that will chastise the Pentagon for buying a $700 hammer trust them with our tax payer money when it comes to education or health care. There are many on the right that trust the trigger finger of a politician but wouldn't trust that same politician with their money.

And so, you'll see people like Cenk in the early stages of waking up. He's obviously digging around Ron Paul videos of late; and as he hears the message of liberty again and again, in different ways, he too will realize all of this -- foreign policy, the economy, everything... is tied together.

Most here can look back at their own past and remember that shift into becoming a Ron Paul supporter, and their own personal hurdles. In my case, it wasn't foreign policy. It wasn't economic policy. It was actually just one single, solitary detail - I never, ever thought I'd be able to trust, let alone support, a politician. That was my 'growing pain' -- finding trust.

Give those on the left time to come around, just as we hope neo-cons and evangelicals and everyone else does. Just as you gave yourself that time, at some previous point in time.

+rep

jaumen
12-29-2011, 10:21 AM
It's a great ad... does it help or hurt him with republicans? It can't hurt him, everyone already knows his stance on foreign policy. Therefore it can either be ineffective, or it can help. I think it will help, because anyone who is intellectually honest with themselves, when forced to look at it from the perspective of foreign troops occupying their country, will see the moral repugnance of our foreign policy. Of course, not everyone is intellectually honest with themselves.... it's not going to win over everyone. But I do think this ad will build support. The Revolution PAC is putting out some great stuff.

sailingaway
12-29-2011, 10:22 AM
It's a great ad... does it help or hurt him with republicans? It can't hurt him, everyone already knows his stance on foreign policy. Therefore it can either be ineffective, or it can help. I think it will help, because anyone who is intellectually honest with themselves, when forced to look at it from the perspective of foreign troops occupying their country, will see the moral repugnance of our foreign policy. Of course, not everyone is intellectually honest with themselves.... it's not going to win over everyone. But I do think this ad will build support. The Revolution PAC is putting out some great stuff.

It can hurt him because it appeals to emotion and the emotion it will evoke in those unsure of Ron's foreign policy is negative.

jmdrake
12-29-2011, 10:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odlEuyDxAOk&feature=youtu.be

Hey! The ad that some trigger happy mods kept shunting off to HT for no good reason! And it's having it's desired effect. At a time when Ron Paul is being skewered by the left over the newsletters it helps some progressives, democrats and independents to remember why Ron Paul is the most awesome candidate ever. RevPAC was right.

jmdrake
12-29-2011, 10:35 AM
It can hurt him because it appeals to emotion and the emotion it will evoke in those unsure of some of those who hate Ron's foreign policy is negative.

Fixed it for you.

jmdrake
12-29-2011, 10:37 AM

+rep. These are Ron Paul's own words. And it's a good explanation of his foreign policy. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. And this ad is being released just in time for New Hampshire where we're having to compete with John freaking Huntsman.

InTradePro
12-29-2011, 05:34 PM
If Cenk thought that was awesome, wait until he watchs the new RevPac ad!