PDA

View Full Version : Establishment Republican comes over to Ron Paul

cdc482
12-28-2011, 11:43 PM
My cousin laughed at Ron Paul in 2008. He mocked me and my other cousin who supported Ron Paul. "This is the guy you want to be the leader of the free world?!"

Now in 2011, he has drastically changed his tune. He was over for Christmas, and he said, "I'll give you this though, Ron Paul KILLED that second to last debate in Iowa, and the media didn't say a word about it." I try not to talk about politics too much, but he occasionally brings it up, and I think he knows I'm extremely aware of everything going on in the political world (which ads to my credibility).

He saw the Leno interview tonight and had this to say on my facebook wall, "FYI Ron Paul rocked on Leno!!!
May have just won this young republicans vote!!!"

I would have never guessed my neo-con, Fox News watching, "I'm a conservative and everyone should know it" cousin would ever CONSIDER voting for Ron Paul. To me, this is solid evidence that the Republican establishment is coming our way and that Ron Paul can win in 2012. Keep up the hard work guys! :)

mport1
12-28-2011, 11:48 PM
Two of my best friends have been laughing at my libertarianism since 2004. Slowly over time they have started coming to our side and now they are both HUGE Ron Paul fans!

ryanmkeisling
12-29-2011, 12:02 AM
Freedom is contagious.

jlaker
12-29-2011, 12:11 AM
My brother in law was the same way. Mocked me and Dr. Paul. I havent talked to him in a while and I got a facebook message 2 days ago saying he would like to get together because Ron Paul has been getting a lot of buzz in green county where he lives. He wanted me to talk to him on some of Ron Pauls views. Wow, things have changed a lot in 4 years. For the better i THINK!

nobody's_hero
12-29-2011, 12:13 AM
People are starting to come around to libertarianism, timidly.

I think they're getting tired of fighting, really. Libertarianism sort of takes the fun out of the conflict by taking away the right to tell other people what to do, but then gives people the comfort of knowing that no one else has the right to tell them what to do, either. Once they realize the second half of that 'paradox', they have this, "Oh wait, maybe that's not so bad" moment.

Like Ron Paul said in an interview with Chris Matthews, 'soon you realize you don't have to fight it anymore.'