PDA

View Full Version : Jon Huntsman "I'm not an isolationist. I don't share the Ron Paul world view."

pauliticalfan
12-28-2011, 06:37 PM
JoNBCNews: Jon Huntsman in NH tonight: "I'm not an isolationist. I don't share the Ron Paul world view. I am a realist."

You can scratch Huntsman off your list for potential VP nominee or SOS. What a shame, too. He's obviously feeling the heat from a surging RP.

braane
12-28-2011, 06:39 PM
Why do I feel like Huntsman just lost a bunch of votes? He had the moderate anti-war vote going for him. Will he after those comments?

Steve-in-NY
12-28-2011, 07:27 PM
Mr huntsman, can you explain to our folks at home exactly what isolationism is?

/folds hands, leans back and enjoys show.

emazur
12-28-2011, 08:03 PM
Ron Paul should say of all the other candidates:
"I'm not an Wilsonian Progressive. I don't share the other candidates' world view. I am a Constitutionalist."

Sola_Fide
12-28-2011, 08:06 PM
"Im a realist" = "I am a mindless interventionist who doesn't understand the Constitution"

pauladin
12-28-2011, 08:06 PM
cheap shot.

Echoes
12-28-2011, 08:09 PM
Always has been a raging Neocon, he just hides better with his moderate delivery.

Romulus
12-28-2011, 08:36 PM
Always has been a raging Neocon, he just hides better with his moderate delivery.

Yep.

tttppp
12-28-2011, 09:19 PM
Why do I feel like Huntsman just lost a bunch of votes? He had the moderate anti-war vote going for him. Will he after those comments?

He just lost a chance to get some of Paul's votes. Ron Paul is the only anti-war candidate as compared to six pro-war candidates. Statistically speaking you have a better chance of getting votes if you are anti-war.

AngryCanadian
12-28-2011, 10:04 PM
You can scratch Huntsman off your list for potential VP nominee or SOS. What a shame, too. He's obviously feeling the heat from a surging RP.

So Jon Huntsman is a
I am a realist Right a realist that wants wars to happen and he calls himself a realist?

flightlesskiwi
12-28-2011, 10:06 PM

yup.

kill the banks
12-28-2011, 10:09 PM
hmmm

Paulitics 2011
12-28-2011, 10:44 PM
Goodbye Huntsman.

flightlesskiwi
12-28-2011, 10:55 PM
Ron Paul should say of all the other candidates:
"I'm not an Wilsonian Progressive. I don't share the other candidates' world view. I am a Constitutionalist."

brilliant. unfortunately, i think the majority would respond with:

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/funny-pictures-cat-cannot-brain-today.jpg

i mean, come on!! distinguishing between non-interventionism and isolationism has been seemingly impossible for most!!

LibertAtOnce
12-28-2011, 10:59 PM
Kind of hard to punch up 25 points Jon, kind of hard.

opinionatedfool
12-28-2011, 11:15 PM

I'm not sure why all these people attack Ron Paul in hopes of getting his supporters. Don't they know that we are very loyal fans and get offended? I thought Huntsman had some good ideas, but now I don't have to many positive feelings towards the guy.

emr1028
12-29-2011, 12:03 AM
I would like to see Huntsman as Secretary of State still. You guys are all completely blowing what he's saying out of the water. I've heard Huntsman speak in great deal about foreign policy. He's not a warmongerer. He doesn't have nearly the same "fuck you world" attitude that most of the other candidates have. He's a very pragmatic guy. He's very rational, and very smart. He's not perfect but he has a thorough and deep understanding of world affairs, and he would definitely be on my short list for SOS.

gmc1988
12-29-2011, 12:51 AM
Of course he's not. He is Globalist to the core. You can not be both a globalist and anti war.

KramerDSP
12-29-2011, 12:52 AM
Jon Huntsman said Ron Paul is unelectable, that he would legalize heroin, and that anyone who thinks Iran is not a threat basically has a few screws loose.

There is no way in hell I want Jon Huntsman anywhere near the administration.

emazur
12-29-2011, 06:40 AM
I would like to see Huntsman as Secretary of State still. You guys are all completely blowing what he's saying out of the water. I've heard Huntsman speak in great deal about foreign policy. He's not a warmongerer. He doesn't have nearly the same "fuck you world" attitude that most of the other candidates have. He's a very pragmatic guy. He's very rational, and very smart. He's not perfect but he has a thorough and deep understanding of world affairs, and he would definitely be on my short list for SOS.

Here's the full story he called Ron Paul "unelectable" AND an "isolationist". Like Obama in 2008, Huntsman gives the impression of being knowledgeable but moderate on foreign possible, but he would gladly spill American blood and treasure on unwarranted, futile wars (see his support for the war on drugs below). And anyone who doesn't know the difference between isolationist and non-interventionist has NO place as Paul's Sec. of State:
http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-huntsman-paul-unelectable-20111228,0,4905001.story?track=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+latimes%2Fmostviewed+%28L.A.+ Times+-+Most+Viewed+Stories%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

"He's not electable at the end of the day," Huntsman told his audience. "Let's be real about it."

When asked by reporters to elaborate, Huntsman said Paul’s policies were "out there" and said voters would not support a candidate who advocates "isolationism when you’ve got threats like Iran that are on the ascent."

"Things like legalizing drugs – I just don’t think is a position that is going to sell with a lot people who are going to turn out and make a big difference in the end," he said. "You’ve got to get mainstream support to win the election, and I just don’t think he’s going to be able to get enough mainstream support to win."

LibertyEagle
12-29-2011, 06:47 AM

^^^ This.

I have never understood why some here have insisted on lavishing praise on Huntsman. We accuse others of not doing their research. Shouldn't we be walking our talk?

MJU1983
12-29-2011, 06:50 AM
Oh Huntsman... What an idiot.

This Tweet I made last night during the whole Kelly Clarkson thing would be appropriate for him:

https://twitter.com/#!/mju1983/status/152268700559486976