PDA

View Full Version : Sneaky setup question by Blitzer?

Carole
12-28-2011, 04:49 PM
Sneaky setup question by Blitzer on CNN?

By asking Gingrich, Santorum, and Romney if they would vote for Dr. Paul if he won the nomination, are they setting it up to ask Dr. Paul the same of the other candidates? Well, of course they are, and they have already asked him that question weeks ago and he answered thoughtfully that he would have to see some movement in his direction and would not abandon everything his supporters believed and that he believed.

Blitzer even now on CNN accussing Paul of "silence" as they speak of him. Rehashing the newsletters and Gingrich. These people need to be taught a real lesson. I hope they get exactly what they deserve-ratings all the way in the toilet.

PeacePlan
12-28-2011, 04:51 PM
I think yes they are setting him up.. Make him look like a none GOP team player.

neverseen
12-28-2011, 04:55 PM
he's already said he wot support the GOP nom unless they come around to his positions. What'd he do in 08?

libertyfanatic
12-28-2011, 04:57 PM
My initial reaction also. Good post!

odamn
12-28-2011, 04:57 PM
They already ask Dr. Paul that question
weeks ago.

JuicyG
12-28-2011, 05:02 PM
Yeah sneaky Blitzer. He`s done the same when asking Mitt/Newt `n co if they`d "pull a tantrum and run with their toys" as 3d party in case they`d lose the nomination. Sneaky bastard. He was preparing the stage for Ron Paul, basically implying Ron Paul might act as spoiled kid.

He was also trying to downplay and talk down to Rand Paul by asking him question with "your dad this and your dad that". Even if Rand answered with "my father", Blitzer kept on pushing with the dad term, in some attempt to make him look less important and more childish.

PeacePlan
12-28-2011, 05:02 PM
They already ask Dr. Paul that question
weeks ago.

If I were Mitt I would bet you 10,000 bucks they ask him very soon again...

sailingaway
12-28-2011, 05:04 PM
Wouldn't it be wonderful if this was the election the majority of people realized the spin they get from MSM? Because they could hardly do more to provoke that understanding

sailingaway
12-28-2011, 05:04 PM
If I were Mitt I would bet you 10,000 bucks they ask him very soon again...

I think Ron shouldn't go on CNN again until after New Hampshire. They have acted badly.

FreedomRings
12-28-2011, 05:20 PM
It might be a setup but the positives outweigh the negatives by far. A question of this type is only ever asked about a frontrunner. Even when they asked RP the question weeks ago, it was about the frontrunner(s) at the time (Gingrich/Romney).

specsaregood
12-28-2011, 05:21 PM
I think Ron shouldn't go on CNN again until after New Hampshire. They have acted badly.
Indeed, I'd be surprised if he does.

Carole
12-28-2011, 05:23 PM

Totally agree. :)

JP2010
12-28-2011, 05:23 PM
he's already said he wot support the GOP nom unless they come around to his positions. What'd he do in 08?
he backed the constitution party candidate.

InTradePro
12-28-2011, 05:25 PM
Sneaky setup question by Blitzer on CNN?

By asking Gingrich, Santorum, and Romney if they would vote for Dr. Paul if he won the nomination, are they setting it up to ask Dr. Paul the same of the other candidates? Well, of course they are, and they have already asked him that question weeks ago and he answered thoughtfully that he would have to see some movement in his direction and would not abandon everything his supporters believed and that he believed.

Blitzer even now on CNN accussing Paul of "silence" as they speak of him. Rehashing the newsletters and Gingrich. These people need to be taught a real lesson. I hope they get exactly what they deserve-ratings all the way in the toilet.

Careful: The question is different. Would you vote for a.n.other, rather then would you support a.n.other. The answer from Dr Paul would be easily answered, that he would vote for anyone over Obama.

1stAmendguy
12-28-2011, 05:29 PM
He should decline the interview if Wolf invites him.

Carole
12-28-2011, 05:31 PM
Wouldn't it be wonderful if this was the election the majority of people realized the spin they get from MSM? Because they could hardly do more to provoke that understanding

Yes, it would be wonderful. Furthermore, I believe that a lot more people are realizing it. Many seemed genuinely upset that the "possible" scandal took Cain out. Many people seem to have not allowed the "alleged" RP "scandal" to take away their support. Hence the latest PPP results.
People really are waking up; it is just not fast enough to satisfy us, I suppose. :)

Carole
12-28-2011, 05:33 PM
Good point and what you say is true.

specsaregood
12-28-2011, 05:35 PM
Careful: The question is different. Would you vote for a.n.other, rather then would you support a.n.other. The answer from Dr Paul would be easily answered, that he would vote for anyone over Obama.

Anyone? The headline the next hour would read, "Paul says he would vote for satan over obama".

He should decline the interview if Wolf invites him.
That's putting it in a nice way.

Has Rand gone back on msnbc yet?

Carole
12-28-2011, 05:36 PM

Right. Subtle difference. :)

Carole
12-28-2011, 05:38 PM
:)

enjerth
12-28-2011, 05:49 PM
Anyone? The headline the next hour would read, "Paul says he would vote for satan over obama".

That's putting it in a nice way.

Has Rand gone back on msnbc yet?

I think you got that wrong. The deceit is in the question. They ask each candidate, specifically, if they would vote for Ron Paul if he were the nominee. Not asking if they'd support Ron Paul, endorse him, etc. but when they ask Paul it's going to be would you support endorse etc. not just asking if he'd vote for them.

So Paul is cast as the one who's not a team player, because he won't support or endorse the nominee if it's not him.