PDA

View Full Version : 12/28 CNN New Hampshire poll: Romney 44% Paul 17% Gingrich 16%

CTRattlesnake
12-28-2011, 03:03 PM
Romney 44%
Paul 17%
Gingrich 16%
Huntsman 9%
Santorum 4%
Bachmann 3%
Perry 2%

In New Hampshire, the CNN/Time/ORC poll indicates that Romney remains the overwhelming front runner. He's supported by 44% of likely GOP primary voters, up nine points from earlier this month.

Paul is at 17%, with Gingrich at 16%, down ten points from early December. Huntsman, who's hoping for a strong finish in the Granite State, is at 9%, with Santorum at 4%, Bachmann at 3%, and Perry at 2%.

"Iowa and New Hampshire are close together on the electoral calendar, but the two states are different in many significant ways," says Holland. "Born-again voters are less prevalent in New Hampshire, and only a third of New Hampshire likely voters say that moral issues such as abortion or gay marriage will be extremely or very important to their vote; in Iowa. More than half of likely caucus participants say that."

The poll indicates that Romney comes out on top in both states when likely voters are asked to name the GOP candidate who best represents the personal characteristics a president should have, and in both states he has a commanding lead when likely voters are asked which candidate has the best chance to defeat President Barack Obama in November.

But when likely caucus-goers in Iowa are asked to name the candidate who agrees with them the most on major issues, it's Paul who tops the list. And while Romney leads on that question in New Hampshire, it's where he gets his lowest marks from Granite State voters.

Fortunately for Romney, this may not be an issues-driven contest. In Iowa, only 44% say that issues are more important than the candidates' personal qualities; in New Hampshire, only 37% feel that way.

The CNN/Time poll was conducted by ORC International from Dec. 21-24 and Dec. 26-27, with 452 voters who are likely to participate in the Iowa Republican caucuses and 543 who are likely to vote in the New Hampshire Republican primary questioned by telephone. The New Hampshire survey's sampling error is plus or minus four percentage points. The Iowa poll's sampling error is plus or minus 4.5 percentage points.

TheDrakeMan
12-28-2011, 03:06 PM
This contradicts what PPP just tweeted about Paul 'clearly' being in second.

smtwngrl
12-28-2011, 03:09 PM
That was in the PPP poll that is going to be coming out, this is a different poll.

coastie

...and plays right along with their narrative. Must just be a coincidence.

muh_roads

CNN doesn't measure independents. Only registered republicans. PPP samples everyone.

UtahApocalypse
12-28-2011, 03:10 PM
seems the CNN poll is Republicans only.... No independents.

AlexMerced
12-28-2011, 03:11 PM
PPP is conducting the poll as we speak so we won't know till tomorrow

tsai3904
12-28-2011, 03:12 PM

The Iowa poll doesn't include Independents but the New Hampshire poll does.

AlexMerced
12-28-2011, 03:13 PM

That's key, And PPP confirmed Romney is winning with registered republicans.

An RP win heavily depends on a youth and independent turnout.

Although PPP has been better than a lot of other pollsters in final tally

Freedom Patriot
12-28-2011, 03:27 PM
Make this video go viral and it will be the end of Romney! In fact the youtube member Christian if he has time, should redo the video to make it a little more effective. The information it contains would make potential voters change their mind about throwing their support behind Romney.

Mitt Romney's Flip Flops - Serial Hypocrisy! - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI9yjhd8b84)

USAFCapt
12-28-2011, 03:31 PM
NH needs a new motto...Live free or die my ass...

jkr
12-28-2011, 03:38 PM
live as slaves, then, die!

wait, that's not it...let's see here...live free or fry, live dead then drive, i cant keep up with all these mixed signals

Epic
12-28-2011, 03:51 PM
BASED ON INTERVIEWS WITH 543 REGISTERED REPUBLICANS AND REGISTERED
INDEPENDENTS WHO ARE LIKELY TO VOTE IN THE NEW HAMPSHIRE REPUBLICAN
PRESIDENTIAL PRIMARY -- SAMPLING ERROR: +/- 4 PERCENTAGE PTS.

This included independents too.

This is a very tough poll for us.

We will get more numbers tomorrow from PPP. But they also said Romney's dominating.

It's gonna take an all out blitz on NH (after Iowa) to compete here. But that's what has to be done. Easier in a small state rather than a large state.

Hook
12-28-2011, 04:17 PM
Fortunately for Romney, this may not be an issues-driven contest. In Iowa, only 44% say that issues are more important than the candidates' personal qualities; in New Hampshire, only 37% feel that way.

Damn, it is amazing how retarded a majority of the voters are.

I guess it is expected, since if they were all smart, we wouldn't be in the situation we are in in the first place.

sailingaway
12-28-2011, 04:21 PM
CNN doesn't measure independents. Only registered republicans. PPP samples everyone.

they won't sample Dems in NH, only GOP and undeclared can vote in the GOP primary. But UNDECLARED can vote in the GOP primary!! And CNN doesn't sample them. And Ron does quite well with them.

12-28-2011, 04:44 PM
I predict tomorrow PPP will have Romney low 30's and Ron low 20's. I think Ron is only 10-12 points off Romney in a real poll.

CNN's pollster didn't count indys, and NH has tons of indys.

Elfshadow
12-28-2011, 04:47 PM
they won't sample Dems in NH, only GOP and undeclared can vote in the GOP primary. But UNDECLARED can vote in the GOP primary!! And CNN doesn't sample them. And Ron does quite well with them.

Will they Poll Dems that re-registered Republican?

Anti Federalist
12-28-2011, 05:03 PM
NH needs a new motto...Live free or die my ass...

There are as many hidebound, clueless, GOP voters in NH as there are anywhere else.

These are the people that nominated McPain because he was "anti war", FFS.

If you want to pitch a bitch, pitch it toward FL and SC, where, last I looked, RP was still in single digits.

parocks
12-28-2011, 05:17 PM
There are as many hidebound, clueless, GOP voters in NH as there are anywhere else.

These are the people that nominated McPain because he was "anti war", FFS.

If you want to pitch a bitch, pitch it toward FL and SC, where, last I looked, RP was still in single digits.

Best poll in South Carolina
gingrich 43 - 12/6
perry 36 - 8/28
romney 28 - 10/13
bachmann 14 - 8/23
paul 12 - 10/25
santorum 4 - 12/18
huntsman 4 - 12/18

ItsTime
12-28-2011, 05:21 PM
CNN's numbers are way off from all the others. Why is this?

Liberty74
12-28-2011, 05:35 PM
Does not NH have more Independents than Republicans or Democrats?

RPit
12-28-2011, 05:35 PM
As we can see that in NH they don't care about issues. Which means they only like to pick winners and that is what we have heard on the ground 'we like Ron put he can't beat Obama so we're voting for him.

I'm still waiting for the campaign to do an Ad to show he can beat Obama. If not we have no hope of taking down Romney in this stupid state where issues don't matter

ItsTime
12-28-2011, 05:41 PM
Does not NH have more Independents than Republicans or Democrats?

I believe we do, we call them "undeclared" here. They can declare a party on election day, then un-declare after they vote.

RPit
12-28-2011, 05:42 PM
anyone wanting an anti-Romney ad is kidding themselves because that is not going to do anything. because they already know and they don't care. they don't care about issues. We need to show Ron as a winner against Obama. Nothing else will work.

sofia
12-28-2011, 05:42 PM
Make this video go viral and it will be the end of Romney! In fact the youtube member Christian if he has time, should redo the video to make it a little more effective. The information it contains would make potential voters change their mind about throwing their support behind Romney.

Mitt Romney's Flip Flops - Serial Hypocrisy! - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI9yjhd8b84)

I AM SEETHING WITH ANGER BECAUSE THE OFFICIAL CAMPAIGN REFUSES TO ATTACK MITT LIKE THEY DID GINGRICH.

sofia
12-28-2011, 05:44 PM
anyone wanting an anti-Romney ad is kidding themselves because that is not going to do anything. because they already know and they don't care. they don't care about issues. We need to show Ron as a winner against Obama. Nothing else will work.

what r u talking about?....Our anti-Gingrich ads destroyed Newt.

An anti Mitt barrage would at least shave off 5 points from him. There are people in Iowa and NH who still do not know what a flip-flop scumbag he really is.

Not all voters are political junkies like we are.

sofia
12-28-2011, 05:46 PM
CNN's numbers are way off from all the others. Why is this?

they r setting us up for computerized vote fraud

sailingaway
12-28-2011, 05:47 PM
what r u talking about?....Our anti-Gingrich ads destroyed Newt.

An anti Mitt barrage would at least shave off 5 points from him. There are people in Iowa and NH who still do not know what a flip-flop scumbag he really is.

Not all voters are political junkies like we are.

Newt is personally slimy, arrogant and despised the more familiar people are with him. NO ONE in Congress would endorse him -- a past SPEAKER of the House! Romney is not so strongly disliked, personally, and ads could back fire. I'm sure there will be some, of the milder sort. Ron has just bought a HUGE ad buy there, dwarfing Romney's. I have no idea what ads he will fill the slots with.

sailingaway
12-28-2011, 05:48 PM
they r setting us up for computerized vote fraud

they only polled GOP even though you can change parties right at the caucus and Ron dominates with independents and cross over voters.

I don't really mind. I don't want people taking anything for granted.

Liberty74
12-28-2011, 05:49 PM
I believe we do, we call them "undeclared" here. They can declare a party on election day, then un-declare after they vote.

I just looked it up and in 2008 44% of voters are registered Independents. Only 30% are registered Republican. So if Independents can participate in the NH primary, this CNN poll is pure propaganda. Independents are the ones that propelled McCain to the top over Romney in last go around too.

RPit
NH just wants to pick winners. They don't care about issues, so why would they care someone flip floppd on issues? We need to show that we can be a better candidate against Obama than Romney. That is the only reason anyone is going to vote for him.

Aratus
mitt is going to be under a withering scrutiny as he goes into SC.

it looks like big story tonight was on how newt gingrich slipped in

the polls and not how rapidly ron paul is rising. mitt has a ceiling.

Liberty74
12-28-2011, 05:59 PM
In New Hampshire, Paul is the choice of just 13 percent of Republicans, according to the new poll, while he is the favorite of 36 percent of independents and 26 percent of Democrats who intend to vote in the primary. Paul leads in both non-Republican categories

Found these stats. Ron Paul is going to need to get Republicans out for him in NH to win. No, it's not crucial Paul be the top Republican vote getter but he needs to be at least competitive.

Lord Xar
12-28-2011, 07:57 PM
How do we inform the campaign about time northern past issue.. could bring them down and droves to support ron paul

Badger Paul
12-28-2011, 08:14 PM
"I AM SEETHING WITH ANGER BECAUSE THE OFFICIAL CAMPAIGN REFUSES TO ATTACK MITT LIKE THEY DID GINGRICH."

Then don't wait for them. Spread this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI9yjhd8b84 to as many of your friends online as you can.

Brett85
12-28-2011, 08:19 PM
"In New Hampshire, Paul is the choice of just 13 percent of Republicans, according to the new poll, while he is the favorite of 36 percent of independents and 26 percent of Democrats who intend to vote in the primary. Paul leads in both non-Republican categories."

If that's the case, this poll is vastly underpolling independents. Independents are the biggest voting group in New Hampshire, and they don't have a Democratic primary to vote in. In order for CNN to get the results they did, they had to poll about 80-90% Republicans. In reality, it will only be about 50% of Republicans who will be voting in the New Hampshire primary. This poll is even more blatantly biased than their Iowa poll.

Steve-in-NY
12-28-2011, 08:29 PM
Let's help these numbers... To the phones!