PDA

View Full Version : Drudge, you got to be kidding me

Beorn
12-28-2011, 07:41 AM
http://www.drudgereport.com/

Headline: Romney Rising

With a link to this article: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1211/70892.html

This after Paul widens his lead in ppppolls (albeit by a point).

RickyJ
12-28-2011, 07:45 AM
I am not surprised by this. Drudge is only looking for hits, he obviously thinks this title will get him more hits than "Ron Paul still in the lead after smear campaign" will. Oh well, it is his private web site, one that is taken way too seriously by way too many people.

bubbleboy
12-28-2011, 07:53 AM
When all was said and done, police Capt. Mike Schwartz handed Romney a bill for a detail officer to respond.

"cars were parked illegally on both sides of tight South End streets and MANY had out-of-state license plates."

An officer radioed that one driver was “so excited to see Mitt, he accidentally left his car in the middle of the road.”

“And we look forward to reimbursing them for their time,” he said.

I think they all got paid to be there.

tremendoustie
12-28-2011, 07:56 AM
I am not surprised by this. Drudge is only looking for hits, he obviously thinks this title will get him more hits than "Ron Paul still in the lead after smear campaign" will. Oh well, it is his private web site, one that is taken way too seriously by way too many people.

He deserves to be taken seriously, given the amount of traffic he drives. And while I certainly don't always agree with his choices, I respect him a lot more than I respect CNN or Fox.

Agorism
12-28-2011, 07:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEs18_Y8InA&feature=youtu.be

braane
12-28-2011, 07:59 AM
When all was said and done, police Capt. Mike Schwartz handed Romney a bill for a detail officer to respond.

"cars were parked illegally on both sides of tight South End streets and MANY had out-of-state license plates."

An officer radioed that one driver was “so excited to see Mitt, he accidentally left his car in the middle of the road.”

I think this is the medias attempt at making Romney look like an exciting candidate. Even those that don't like Ron will admit he excites a certain electorate. It's one of the big pulls for him. Republicans are voting for people they think can beat Obama. If Ron looks like the only candidate getting people out, then he will appear to be the best candidate against Obama.

Oh well, they haven't seen anything until they see the rally tonight!!!

bluesc
12-28-2011, 07:59 AM
Funny thing is Romney didn't move at all since the last PPP poll, while Ron moved up +1%, so Romney isn't really rising at all.

RickyJ
12-28-2011, 08:00 AM

If true, which I doubt, that is just plain sick.

braane
12-28-2011, 08:01 AM
It's funny because a fair title would be... "Ron Paul extends lead over Romney"

Instead all of the titles I am seeing are some derivative of "Mitt Romney is gaining traction in Iowa"...

RickyJ
12-28-2011, 08:01 AM
Funny thing is Romney didn't move at all since the last PPP poll, while Ron moved up +1%, so Romney isn't really rising at all.

The truth has never mattered much to the media, and that includes Drudge as well.

apex
12-28-2011, 08:02 AM
Surely someone with a primarily-political site has a candidate preference. Who do you think he is for?

Carole
12-28-2011, 08:03 AM

Romney - LOL ARranged crowd for Tomney clogs streets and gets him a bill
Be sure to read the comments. Hilarious.
Romney visit clogs streets, police hand him the bill
h xxp://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20111227-NEWS-111229793

See: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?342885-Romney-LOL-ARranged-crowd-for-Tomney-clogs-streets-and-gets-him-a-bill&prefixid=mitt

No Free Beer
12-28-2011, 08:12 AM

exactly.

(scratching my head)

PastaRocket848
12-28-2011, 08:13 AM
Front runner based on what?

tremendoustie
12-28-2011, 08:17 AM
Surely someone with a primarily-political site has a candidate preference. Who do you think he is for?

I'm not 100% sure -- which is a compliment to him, actually.

Feelgood
12-28-2011, 08:19 AM
I just sent him a bit of a scathing message asking him to correct his link. Sent him the latest PPP poll, so hopefully he will fix his oversight.

UtahApocalypse
12-28-2011, 08:21 AM
Lets not come off as cry babies. Seriously I thought we wanted EQUAL coverage and FAIR press. Some of you seem to be pissed that every paper, every articles and every TV is not 24/7 Paul. Others are running. Romney IS leading Nationally/ What we need to do is focus and make that change. Drudge has been more then fair with puttting Paul as the headline many times. Don't crucify him, and his site for being the only honest and fair reporting.

low preference guy
12-28-2011, 08:23 AM
I just sent him a bit of a scathing message asking him to correct his link. Sent him the latest PPP poll, so hopefully he will fix his oversight.

Whoever is in charge of the site at the moment already saw the PPP poll. They're linking to it from a headline about Newt's fall.

airborne373
12-28-2011, 08:24 AM
Please let me know that most members of RPF realize Romney is the "chosen one, to lose to Obama." You all do know this, right?

Anyone who votes for Romney is literally voting for Barack Obama as Romney will not be supported by grassroots Republicans in the general. It will be another John McCain/Obama election with Obama taking 40 plus states.

squirekyle
12-28-2011, 08:25 AM
Lets not come off as cry babies. Seriously I thought we wanted EQUAL coverage and FAIR press. Some of you seem to be pissed that every paper, every articles and every TV is not 24/7 Paul. Others are running. Romney IS leading Nationally/ What we need to do is focus and make that change. Drudge has been more then fair with puttting Paul as the headline many times. Don't crucify him, and his site for being the only honest and fair reporting.

Agreed. Puts Paul out of the spotlight temporarily, we'll have plenty of coverage AFTER and if Paul wins Iowa.

IndianaPolitico
12-28-2011, 08:27 AM
Although I don't like the headline, at least it is building expectations for Romney, something that we don't want done for us right now. Also, take a look at the top left! Talks about Newt's slide, him attacking, "frontrunner Paul", and says that Paul has kept his lead.

Kade
12-28-2011, 08:33 AM
Drudge hasn't been writing for the DrudgeReport in several years. It is Andrew Breitbart.

Pete Kay
12-28-2011, 08:37 AM

That kind of behavior is why people get annoyed with Ron Paul supporters. Drudge has been very generous to Ron Paul. He has given Ron Paul the headline multiple times. To attack Drudge in that manner is thoughtless and unappreciative.

Agorism
12-28-2011, 08:41 AM
Romney is +0 since last time overall.

His favorability dropped 13 points since last PPP poll.

Why is he "rising?"

VBRonPaulFan
12-28-2011, 08:46 AM
That kind of behavior is why people get annoyed with Ron Paul supporters. Drudge has been very generous to Ron Paul. He has given Ron Paul the headline multiple times. To attack Drudge in that manner is thoughtless and unappreciative.

+1. some of you hang on the drudge reports nuts like he owes you money. he's fair, but he's going to post content that he thinks will bring him traffic. jesus christ, it's a news site, not a ron paul forums news site. calm down if he posts something you don't agree with - it's okay.

PastaRocket848
12-28-2011, 08:47 AM
posting something we disagree with is one thing, posting something under a headline which has absolutely no basis in reality whatsoever in an apparent attempt to shift the narrative in a particular candidates favor the week before the caucus is a whole 'nother.

low preference guy
12-28-2011, 08:48 AM
Drudge hasn't been writing for the DrudgeReport in several years. It is Andrew Breitbart.

lies

low preference guy
12-28-2011, 08:50 AM
I'm fine with the coverage. The Drudge Report is not the Daily Paul. Paul's face was on the page most of the day yesterday and even in the last few days. He has to show different faces or readers will get bored.

TomtheTinker
12-28-2011, 08:56 AM
Here come the whiners

low preference guy
12-28-2011, 09:01 AM
it's now up under the headline Paul maintains lead...