PDA

View Full Version : TeaParty07.org----Does someone here own it?

Mckarnin
11-08-2007, 07:54 PM
Just saw in another thread that TeaParty.org is set up to take signatures for December 16th donations. Now, it is my info. that this site's people are using TeaPart07.com. WIll this create any problems? I guess if anything it will just make the main TeaParty07.com site's number a little lower if people dign up on .org by accident.

K

thoughtbombing
11-08-2007, 07:56 PM
Just saw in another thread that TeaParty.org is set up to take signatures for December 16th donations. Now, it is my info. that this site's people are using TeaPart07.com. WIll this create any problems? I guess if anything it will just make the main TeaParty07.com site's number a little lower if people dign up on .org by accident.

K

could always set them up to forward to the other... get the .net as well, and pay a few bucks more.

in the end, it doesn't matter, as long as they donate. it'd be nice to be on the same page. I get that old link from the nov11th site, if I remember correctly.

justinc.1089
11-08-2007, 08:54 PM
Yeah I really don't understand what is going on with two teaparty07 sites.

I mean whats the deal here?

.com is the correct one right? and if its the right one why did someone start the .org site?:confused:

Wayne Hammond
11-08-2007, 09:09 PM
Yeah I really don't understand what is going on with two teaparty07 sites.

I mean whats the deal here?

.com is the correct one right? and if its the right one why did someone start the .org site?:confused:

www.teaparty07.com is going to be the "official" site, but it looks like someone also registered teaparty07.net and teaparty07.org - using a domain privacy service to protect their identity - the .net and .org site have very similar pages up and running right now.

I guess we can only hope that whoever registered them is actually pro-Ron Paul, and this is not an attempt to steal traffic away from teaparty07.com...

I would hope that whoever registered the .net & .org sites will forward traffic to the main .com site, once it is up and running - anything less than that would only create confusion and dilute the efforts.

justinc.1089
11-08-2007, 09:11 PM
Does anyone that knows about this stuff think there's a possibility this could be an attempt to hurt Dec.16th by another campaign or someone against Paul?

Visual
11-08-2007, 09:15 PM
Does anyone that knows about this stuff think there's a possibility this could be an attempt to hurt Dec.16th by another campaign or someone against Paul?

Considering that the majority of people on the internet are pro-paul, there's a bigger chance it's just some other paulite. Other than the post on this forum, I haven't seen anything else anywhere else about it.

Wayne Hammond
11-08-2007, 09:19 PM
Considering that the majority of people on the internet are pro-paul, there's a bigger chance it's just some other paulite. Other than the post on this forum, I haven't seen anything else anywhere else about it.

Probably correct. Many pro-Paul supporters are also pro-privacy, which would explain why a pro-Paul person saw a need to register the two domains using a privacy service, instead of his/her real name & contact info.

I am kind of hoping that whoever registered the domains will step forward and relieve our concerns...

Cali4RonPaul
11-08-2007, 09:23 PM
sorry but i will only support trevor since he did so well with nov5th.

teaparty07.org does not look good, the web design is rushed looking.

Visual
11-08-2007, 09:29 PM

Indeed on both accounts. Plus trevor has some connections, which is better than starting fresh again.

Wayne Hammond
11-08-2007, 09:31 PM

Well, if a Ron Paul supporter registered the .net and .org domains, I'm glad they did, because it would be much worse had they been open for an anti-Paul person to have registered them.

I agree that we all need to promote www.teaparty07.com and not the .net or .org domains.

But will the person who registered teaparty07.net and teaparty07.org please step forward and assure us that he/she is pro-Paul!??! PLEASE?

Cali4RonPaul
11-08-2007, 09:33 PM
edit.

Wayne Hammond
11-08-2007, 09:37 PM
LOL I JUST CHECKED IT RIGHT NOW.

Now the Site is down and FOR SALE ahaha. oops looks like they get your private info and are going to profit selling the domain.

Not sure what site you're going to... both www.teaparty07.net and www.teaparty07.org have the same graphics and everything, nothing about a domain for sale, unless you went to www.teaparty.org by mistake (without the "07")

In any case - I wouldn't give my name and email address to anything but the www.teaparty07.com web site, just in case.

Cali4RonPaul
11-08-2007, 09:40 PM
Not sure what site you're going to... both www.teaparty07.net and www.teaparty07.org have the same graphics and everything, nothing about a domain for sale, unless you went to www.teaparty.org by mistake (without the "07")

In any case - I wouldn't give my name and email address to anything but the www.teaparty07.com web site, just in case.

My mistake i went to teaparty.org. :o

SwordOfShannarah
11-08-2007, 09:57 PM

Man from La Mancha
11-08-2007, 09:59 PM
I would assume that any other sites that really wanting to help will be transparent and co operative or we will know other wise. Nothing to hide here if all are legit. This is just practice when the grass roots will really be played around with as Ron grows.

Wayne Hammond
11-08-2007, 10:00 PM
How do you know they aren't anti- Paul? They can shut those sites down anytime they want to. They can phish for email addresses and spam people. That hurts the whole drive. They have hidden their identity in their registration. I have my name on the sites I register.

Eventually I will post something about their site on TeaParty07.com. This is about as lame a thing a person can do IMO.

I agree. I'm hoping they will stop by here and see that their efforts (which hopefully were sincere - not ready to condemn them yet) are actually diluting the message. People should not hand over their email address to either the .net or .org sites, especially since they're hiding their identity. Totally agree.

Jobarra
11-08-2007, 10:05 PM
Please note they are also linking to Copperhed51's wellmade video. Copperhed51, can you please remove the video in the link and possibly add a link to teaparty07.com in the video? Worst case may be to actually have the link up throughout the video.

chestertime
11-08-2007, 10:39 PM
If this website was established by someone with untoward motives, I imagine they would be breaking a number of election laws. Although any actions on their parts could be fatal to the campaign, those responsible could find themselves on the wrong side of hefty fines or prison bars in the months to come.

inibo
11-08-2007, 10:39 PM
They can phish for email addresses and spam people. That hurts the whole drive.

That was my first thought when I saw them. They are harvesting e-mail addresses. If The owner of those domains comes here or some other public forum and assures me otherwise I'll happily take it back. Till then every fiber of my being is shouting FRAUD.

manny
11-09-2007, 04:54 AM
They do say they won't take donations - all must be made to campaign.

I think it's legit. This is what happens with a decentralized, grassroots (freemarket :)) campaign... lots of people with lots of ideas. I noticed it links to the meetup.com forum so maybe it's someone there. We must remember that people on this board represent only a small section of RP's growing support :):)

Given the quality of the Nov 5th website and that I read the same guy is doing teaparty07.com, if it's the same great quality, my guess is it will just naturally become the main focus. But I really feel the campaign and support is now getting so big the days of everyone being able to agree on one site/idea/plan are probably over - and in many ways that's a good thing.