PDA

View Full Version : Why Isn't the Ticker Up?

mport1
12-28-2011, 12:06 AM
If the campaign is pushing for an extra $2 million, the ticker should be up full time, front and center on the website. Having it scroll through is not enough.

Karsten
12-28-2011, 12:12 AM
Also on the scroll is the now VERY old PPP poll with Ron Paul 1 point behind Gingrich from over 2 weeks ago. The campaign needs to do a better job on updating their website.

MJU1983
12-28-2011, 12:15 AM
It's here: https://secure.ronpaul2012.com/

But I agree...it should be main page. Perhaps just a small ticker if they don't want it to be the main focus?

sailingaway
12-28-2011, 12:16 AM
I don't think it is that. Before someone has given us the code. This campaign they changed how they did it. If someone has it, unless there are site mechanical issues, I am sure Josh would put it up.

RickyJ
12-28-2011, 12:22 AM
Also on the scroll is the now VERY old PPP poll with Ron Paul 1 point behind Gingrich from over 2 weeks ago. The campaign needs to do a better job on updating their website.

There are plenty of Ron Paul supporters that know html/css/javascript/php that would update it real time for free. I know I would. I would consider it an honor to update the next president's campaign web site.

You are right, the staff that updates his web site has dropped the ball. There is no reason why such an old poll is still up there other than laziness.

J_White
12-28-2011, 12:30 AM
i would love it, if they put up a Ticker for phone from home too.
hopefully it will motivate others to call too, i think that is a very effective way to find interested voters.

mport1
12-28-2011, 12:31 AM
Yes, they really need to update it with the latest and best polls.

i would love it, if they put up a Ticker for phone from home too.
hopefully it will motivate others to call too, i think that is a very effective way to find interested voters.

That would be great too.

blakjak
12-28-2011, 12:46 AM
I disagree. It's almost caucus time and soon to be voters will be flocking to the candidates' sites. They'll want to learn more about his issues - not be overwhelmed with a money ticker.

During the moneybombs, the ticker is an absolute must. But during vote time, I think the campaign has it right.

Just my 2 cents. :)

RickyJ
12-28-2011, 12:52 AM
I disagree. It's almost caucus time and soon to be voters will be flocking to the candidates' sites. They'll want to learn more about his issues - not be overwhelmed with a money ticker.

During the moneybombs, the ticker is an absolute must. But during vote time, I think the campaign has it right.

Just my 2 cents. :)

The moneybomb ticker itself should be on another page in his site I think. But the old poll that shows him down one to Newt in Iowa should have been updated by now. There is really no excuse for that. Whoever is doing it for him should be ashamed.

blakjak
12-28-2011, 01:14 AM
The moneybomb ticker itself should be on another page in his site I think.

It is. Click Donate and you see the full ticker.