PDA

View Full Version : Great Front Porch Republic article on Paul's foreign policy

Beorn
12-27-2011, 10:37 PM
I love the conclusion.

Americans have already repudiated the policy of perpetual wars abroad twice at the polls.* If Ron Paul can somehow evade the prevaricating labels of the WSJ and much of the rest of the journalistic and political elites, his election would be the third, and by far the greatest, such repudiation.* And, far from denying American exceptionalism, it would be the most singular affirmation of our exceptional national character the world has yet witnessed.* For, we would be the first great power in history to abandon its pretensions to empire not through moral or economic inannition, not through a globalizing ideal of perpetual peace that has shown itself a recipe for continuous war, but as an expression of trust that we are a strong enough nation to defend our people at home and*to protect them abroad when we must.* We would underscore our difference from ancient Rome in our commitment to self-government, self-sufficiency,*and ordered liberty without contorting such things into a quest for unsustainable domination, for the*raw riches of exotic lands,*and the doomed imposition of nominally democratic regimes*abroad.

http://www.frontporchrepublic.com/2011/12/even-mainstream-democrats-have-no-time-for-mr-paul/

A week old, but I'm not sure anyone posted it.

affa
12-28-2011, 12:05 AM
read the article; that bolded quote blew me away too.