PDA

View Full Version : Major Printing Error On RonPaulProducs Super Brochure!!!

ItsTime
12-27-2011, 07:21 PM
First off thanks to Carehn and TexMac for buying the brochures!

However unlike the picture shows
http://www.ronpaulproducts.com/pictures/RonPaul_RGB2.jpg

They have the wrong date of the primary for Iowa, New Hampshire. They have them both for Jan 21!!

Just a heads up to those who are buying for peeps in NH. I will wait for a response from Ron Paul Products on if they have fixed the error.

Edit for clarification: At least 900 of the 1800 are wrong. I have 900 at my house and 900 at my office that I have not opened yet.

sailingaway
12-27-2011, 07:27 PM
*sigh*

tape over and pen?

ItsTime
12-27-2011, 07:29 PM
*sigh*

tape over and pen?

We are going to black marker it out. Then stamp the right date in the white area. 1800 sigh!

MelissaWV
12-27-2011, 07:32 PM
Is there some reason that, from the beginning, this project was allergic to proofreading?

Jeremy
12-27-2011, 07:33 PM
It's to a point where you can't do much other than laugh.

unknown
The brochure in the jpeg seems to be ok.

Jeremy
By the way ItsTime, could you take a picture or scan of the mistake?

The brochure in the jpeg seems to be ok.

That's why he said "unlike this picture..."

MRoCkEd
12-27-2011, 07:34 PM
We can only hope these third-party efforts don't hurt more than they help.

Agorism
12-27-2011, 07:34 PM
Is there some reason that, from the beginning, this project was allergic to proofreading?

LMAO.

Every brochure, slim jim, and youtube video that I've seen on ron paul related sites seems to have this problem.

When you point out the errors, they then get angry at you for pointing it out.

MelissaWV
12-27-2011, 07:38 PM
Do not use a black marker. Do not white out. Use a cover-all quality label of the appropriate size, try to match the font, and try to cover the affected area in its entirety. This will ensure uniformity, legibility, and correctness.

Just my $0.02 :>

Paulitics 2011
12-27-2011, 07:38 PM
Stop funding this crap.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-27-2011, 07:41 PM
Someone needs to stop making these major flaws because we are starting to run out of useable facepalm photos.

12-27-2011, 07:41 PM
Amateur hour.

parocks
12-27-2011, 07:43 PM
My version - printed - of the super brochure has the coffins - but it has Jan 3 for Iowa and Jan 10 for New Hampshire

unknown
12-27-2011, 07:44 PM
I dont know if we have the correct info about the situation.

dante
12-27-2011, 07:45 PM
So absurd. Everyone please just donate to the official campaign. This was a great idea in theory. It's failing in practice.

parocks
12-27-2011, 07:46 PM
First off thanks to Carehn and TexMac for buying the brochures!

However unlike the picture shows
http://www.ronpaulproducts.com/pictures/RonPaul_RGB2.jpg

They have the wrong date of the primary for Iowa, New Hampshire. They have them both for Jan 21!!

Just a heads up to those who are buying for peeps in NH. I will wait for a response from Ron Paul Products on if they have fixed the error.

Does your brochure have coffins?

1stAmendguy
12-27-2011, 07:46 PM

Yep, noticed this a while back too. I should have said something about it then.

unknown
12-27-2011, 07:48 PM

Yep, noticed this a while back too. I should have said something about it then.

Ya think? :(

pacelli
12-27-2011, 07:48 PM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4110/5023648200_f9f289c817.jpg

WD-NY
12-27-2011, 07:49 PM
LMAO.

Every brochure, slim jim, and youtube video that I've seen on ron paul related sites seems to have this problem.

When you point out the errors, they then get angry at you for pointing it out.

Have they changed/improved/reworded/cleaned-up/etc. any sections of the brochures since sending out the first versions? Are the ones going to NH different in any way from the ones going out to SC and/or went out to Iowa??

tsai3904
12-27-2011, 07:50 PM
If someone contacts them, let them know that Texas has changed their primary date to April 3.

eduardo89
12-27-2011, 07:52 PM
Does the sent out brochure have the picture of the little girl with the flag or a picture of a soldier hugging his wife?

Is it this one: http://www.ronpaulproducts.com/pictures/RonPaul_RGB2.jpg

Or this one: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1037&d=1325036764

MelissaWV
12-27-2011, 07:53 PM
If someone contacts them, let them know that Texas has changed their primary date to April 3.

:(

RDM
12-27-2011, 07:53 PM

Plus Ohio changed their date. Can't remember new date.

tsai3904
12-27-2011, 07:54 PM

Ohio's new date is March 6 so they can just swap out "Texas" and put in "Ohio".

Paulitics 2011
12-27-2011, 07:55 PM
Someone post this to the DailyPaul as well.

This can only harm us.

Brick-in-the-Wall
12-27-2011, 07:57 PM
This is why print is a dying format.

MelissaWV
12-27-2011, 08:00 PM
This is why print is a dying format.

Not really. Proofreading printed products is actually a growing field, but those who decide they know best and want to rush things usually end up with a glaring error or twenty. It only serves to frustrate everyone else.

MelissaWV
12-27-2011, 08:04 PM

I don't see Ohio on the Super Brochure that was linked to in the .pdf.

The only primary errors I found were with Iowa, New Hampshire, and Texas. I'm also perplexed as to why these particular states were chosen to the exclusion of others.

tsai3904
12-27-2011, 08:05 PM
I don't see Ohio on the Super Brochure that was linked to in the .pdf.

The only primary errors I found were with Iowa, New Hampshire, and Texas. I'm also perplexed as to why these particular states were chosen to the exclusion of others.

They listed the states in order of their election dates, which is why Ohio wasn't listed because their primary was in June.

MelissaWV
12-27-2011, 08:09 PM
They listed the states in order of their election dates, which is why Ohio wasn't listed because their primary was in June.

Then they skipped a few things, if they are supposed to include Caucus events as well as primaries. http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P12/events.phtml?s=c

ty for your response though :)

beardedlinen
12-27-2011, 08:11 PM
:mad:

tsai3904
12-27-2011, 08:16 PM
Then they skipped a few things, if they are supposed to include Caucus events as well as primaries. http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P12/events.phtml?s=c

ty for your response though :)

Yea, I know they did. Here's a less cluttered version of the calendar:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?330386-2012-Republican-Presidential-Election-Calendar

RDM
12-27-2011, 08:48 PM
Yea, I know they did. Here's a less cluttered version of the calendar:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?330386-2012-Republican-Presidential-Election-Calendar

Looking at the calendar they have no dates for some.

According to the link below, U.S Virgin Islands Presidential Caucuses is March 10 and Puerto Rico is March 18.
http://www.politics1.com/calendar.htm

Maximus
12-27-2011, 08:50 PM
Everyone needs to chill, I saw this mentioned at the DailyPaul, Curt responded that this was just a demo version and that the proper date was sent out on all the brochures.

tsai3904
12-27-2011, 08:51 PM
The OP received the brochures with the wrong dates on them. He has them IN HAND. If he has them, who knows how many of these brochures got sent out.

Xelaetaks
12-27-2011, 08:52 PM
Would also suggest the picture of the guy in the hospital in the health care section would maybe look better with something a little less dreary thsn thst. Maybe a picture at a doctor's office or something if it's not too late to change.

ItsTime
12-27-2011, 08:52 PM
bold letters

Wrong, I just received 1800 with the wrong dates.

MelissaWV
12-27-2011, 08:53 PM
Everyone needs to chill, I saw this mentioned at the DailyPaul, Curt responded that this was just a demo version and that the proper date was sent out on all the brochures.

Or maybe you could read the OP...

Has Texas been corrected on the others?

PauliticsPolitics
12-27-2011, 09:04 PM
Has anyone who lives in IOWA received one of these? I am most curious as to what they have been sending to Iowa.

parocks
12-27-2011, 09:07 PM
Who does this matter to exactly?

The way to fix this depends on the state. No need to white out in some states. If it's New Hampshire, you might want to put a big sticker on there, just about New Hampshire.

PismoPam
12-27-2011, 09:28 PM
YES, Mount Pleasant received 4500 with wrong date.

tsai3904
12-27-2011, 09:29 PM
Reply from the brochure team on Daily Paul.

It was for the boxes sent out on Dec 22

The printer used a wrong file for the cases that we mailed out on the 22nd for Iowa and NH dates.

Thank you for wringing on this. We just wanted you to know all has been corrected on these orders.
We are replacing these cases now and giving them extra cases for free.

Thank you again,
-Super Brochure

tsai3904
12-27-2011, 09:31 PM
YES, Mount Pleasant received 4500 with wrong date.

So Iowa and New Hampshire have received thousands of brochures listing the wrong dates for the IA and NH elections.

Anti Federalist
12-27-2011, 09:38 PM
So Iowa and New Hampshire have received thousands of brochures listing the wrong dates for the IA and NH elections.

Jesus Christ...:mad:

po14015
12-27-2011, 10:43 PM
Currently, there could be 8 customers (and could be as few as 4) in IA and NH that got the incorrect dates. We will be contacting each one tomorrow to verify whether their order contained the correct date or not. We will be working with them if they have the wrong dates to fix this problem. This is limited to a very few orders, and now is corrected.

I want to make sure everyone knows that we welcome all feedback to help improve the brochure. Please call or email us your ideas.

In Liberty,

Curt

Suzu
12-27-2011, 10:48 PM
My version . . . has the coffins

Excuse me... coffins??? WTF????

KingNothing
12-27-2011, 10:54 PM
Stop funding this crap.

Exactly.

Just donate to the campaign. They have been unbelievably awesome. ....this stuff has been extremely error prone. Give the campaign money, not less experienced folks with good intentions.

BucksforPaul
12-27-2011, 10:56 PM

This and major face palm guys.

Adam West
12-27-2011, 11:01 PM
I dont know if we have the correct info about the situation.

Yeah. Leave it alone. Trying to correct the error will only hi-lite the error.

PismoPam
12-28-2011, 11:25 AM
We LOVE the super brochure, errors in printing are totally normal, they have been great.
Mount Pleasant had a party last night and fixed the error, they will be inserted in newspapers today.
This whole campaign is about the volunteers.
It is the arrogant and ignorant to ridicule the folks who are working at top speed to get us the brochures.

TexMac
12-28-2011, 11:56 AM
I just talked to Eric and he has express-mailed 3 boxes of corrected brochures to ItsTime.

Jeremy
12-28-2011, 12:58 PM
We LOVE the super brochure, errors in printing are totally normal, they have been great.
Mount Pleasant had a party last night and fixed the error, they will be inserted in newspapers today.
This whole campaign is about the volunteers.
It is the arrogant and ignorant to ridicule the folks who are working at top speed to get us the brochures.It is definitely not arrogant and ignorant to have brochures without errors. It would be ignorant (by definition?) to ignore the errors.

Crotale
12-28-2011, 01:04 PM
It is the arrogant and ignorant to ridicule the folks who are working at top speed to get us the brochures.

With respect to the volunteers at Ron Paul Products, I think what people are trying to point out is that working at top speed is causing costly errors and oversights.

parocks
12-28-2011, 01:12 PM

This is not a new issue. It was resolved a while ago. But the dates were right on the "coffins" version. Apparently bad dates replaced good dates somehow.

specialkornflake
12-28-2011, 01:54 PM
I'm surprised so many would criticize so harshly such a great project. Printing errors happen frequently, it seems like they are addressing the issue, and these errors are slight in the overall big picture.

teacherone
12-28-2011, 02:00 PM
lol -- slight errors like the election date...

anyway- i don't think anybody in new hampshire or iowa won't know the correct caucus dates.

in the other states this could be costly though.

can't we have a chip-in to have melissa proofread these things?

specialkornflake
12-28-2011, 02:22 PM
Yes it's a slight error, when you're right in saying that everyone there already knows the correct caucus date, it only went out on a small portion of the large amount already printed, the issue is being corrected, and there is a ton of other information on the brochures.

Johnny Appleseed
12-28-2011, 02:37 PM
I would have to be really really bored to read a brochure...

PismoPam
12-28-2011, 02:41 PM
Having worked in print shops, and read the super brochure, and seen how they are printed, and read the reaction from the folks who are doing it: they have to combine several files at the last minute to print for each state, they inserted the wrong info into a few boxes. ALL print shops have occasional problems with this kind of thing. Especially when a lot of different ones are being printed in such a time sensitive way.
They have already reprinted and shipped replacements, which is what any print shop would do.
Last election the official campaign stuff took weeks and weeks to be delivered, no explanation, no attempt to help us out.
God bless the volunteers who are striving day and night to keep up with us, to get us what we feel we need in a timely manner.

MelissaWV
12-28-2011, 06:12 PM

anyway- i don't think anybody in new hampshire or iowa won't know the correct caucus dates.

in the other states this could be costly though.

can't we have a chip-in to have melissa proofread these things?

I don't charge anything to proofread campaign materials at any level. I would have just required someone to send me a "final" copy of the text alone, and then the assembled graphic version. As it was, the version I was provided was pre-assembled, and various errors I pointed out were considered so minor as to not be worthwhile.

There were other errors, though, far worse than the incorrect dates we're discussing here.

As for this project being immune to criticism because "printing errors happen," I must disagree. Printing errors do happen, but this was someone using the entirely wrong file, and no one checking batches to ensure quality and consistency. It is standard practice to sample brochures, packaging, instruction manuals, books, shirts, or just about anything else, particularly when a new source file is introduced, or the machines have been turned off and restarted. Normally the sorts of errors you will find in that sampling process tend to be more cosmetic (bleeds, blurring, ghosting, incorrect colors, graphics being cut off, things not being centered correctly, etc.). With the variety of versions floating around, though, these brochures should also have been checked for version numbers. Nearly every piece of proofed and printed material will have a unique number of some kind followed by a decimal or slash, and then the version number. I have not seen a physical brochure, but I hope that this feature is at least available.

Anyhow, my hope is that the thousands of brochures that went out with these errors are fixed with stickers, and not correction fluid or Sharpie markers.

Cheers.