PDA

View Full Version : For the reenactment...

ChelC
11-08-2007, 06:43 PM
I think it would be cool if instead of actually muddying up the harbor with tea, we just tossed crates, but each crate would say something like:

Tax through inflation
Entangling Alliances
World Government

You get the picture.

shepburn
11-08-2007, 06:53 PM
beast of an idea!!!

we need an all out reenactment planned.

could we rent the U.S.S Constitution?!?!

Gimme Some Truth
11-08-2007, 06:56 PM
Patriot acts!
IRS handbook!

ChelC
11-08-2007, 06:58 PM
I'm a dork, I just saw someone's photoshop of the tea party with just that. Oh well, great minds think alike I guess.

thoughtbombing
11-08-2007, 07:01 PM
beast of an idea!!!

Dennis Kucinich keeps a POCKET consitution in his pocket :D

I dunno. good idea though... nobody pollute the harbor, please. The last thing you want is for all of us to get arrested... actually, that might get some press... hmm. :P

Return to spender.

FreeTraveler
11-08-2007, 07:02 PM
beast of an idea!!!

It looks possible to arrange a special event, but they normally want 60 days notice:

USS CONSTITUTION supports special events on the ship as much as possible.

USS CONSTITUTION receives requests for events nearly every day of the year. We are unable to approve all requests simply due to crew size and shipboard availability. Both the Executive Officer and Commanding Officer review each request personally and make every effort to approve all reasonable events. If your event is not approved, please understand that we did everything possible to support the event.

They have an on-line form, too. If somebody wants to contact them about possibilities, here's the Special Events page (http://www.ussconstitution.navy.mil/SpecEvents.htm).

Meatwasp
11-08-2007, 07:23 PM
I think it would be cool if instead of actually muddying up the harbor with tea, we just tossed crates, but each crate would say something like:

Tax through inflation
Entangling Alliances
World Government

You get the picture.

That just hit me as a great idea. I agree

Copperhed51
11-08-2007, 08:15 PM
Oh man, having an event on the ship would be absolutely incredible.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
11-08-2007, 09:39 PM
I doubt the city would let us litter the harbor, but we could ask.

Although a more modern event would be to rip up W-2 forms LOL (but NOT our state's! we actually use that money)

Brad Zink
11-08-2007, 09:46 PM
You toss the crates into the harbor with a fishing line attached to them, and haul them back in!

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
11-08-2007, 09:53 PM
Yeah.. good ideas.. I'd like to be a part of an event here, hopefully we could broadcast it on the teaparty07.com site LIVE

max
11-08-2007, 10:23 PM
every state should find an important body of water and have the reneactments there

USPatriot36
11-09-2007, 09:46 AM
It would be awesome if Ron Paul could dump a crate into the Boston Harbor - It would be sure to get national media exposure. Also, doesn't the Boston Television viewership extend into New Hampshire.

Chaos Unlimited
11-09-2007, 11:28 AM
We really need an event organizer. Having some bands there would be great.

Gimme Some Truth
11-09-2007, 11:45 AM
I would have thought that Boston people would hold their own re-enactments there wouldnt they?

Maybe you could use their boat and crates after them? or just merely join in :)

shepburn
11-09-2007, 12:11 PM
Anyone yet find out how much it will cost to rent the U.S.S Constitution?

khorbis
11-09-2007, 05:22 PM
It looks possible to arrange a special event, but they normally want 60 days notice:

USS CONSTITUTION supports special events on the ship as much as possible.

USS CONSTITUTION receives requests for events nearly every day of the year. We are unable to approve all requests simply due to crew size and shipboard availability. Both the Executive Officer and Commanding Officer review each request personally and make every effort to approve all reasonable events. If your event is not approved, please understand that we did everything possible to support the event.

They have an on-line form, too. If somebody wants to contact them about possibilities, here's the Special Events page (http://www.ussconstitution.navy.mil/SpecEvents.htm).

This is what the on-line form looks like:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Primary Date:
Confo #: ______________________

(assigned by CONSTITUTION)

Alternate Date:

POC Phone number:

Command:

POC:

Type of Event:

Date of Event:

Event start time:

Event end time: (NLT)

Number of Guests:

1. I understand that approval of this event includes use of USS CONSTITUTION as a backdrop only. The USS CONSTITUTION command does not provide personnel or logistical support of any nature, to include:
-Boatswain’s mate (“Bosun”)/piping the side/special honors
-Sideboys
-Flags
-Speakers/Sound system
-Chairs
-Podium
-Parking
-Changing, storage or reception areas
-Food or beverages

2. I understand that all members of the event party will be subject to visitor security screening in accordance with the USS CONSTITUTION security policy for general public visitation.
3. I understand that no personnel may be onboard during morning or evening colors (8:00am and sunset).
4. I understand that event approval does not include a special tour unless requested and approved separately.
5. I understand that all events are subject to cancellation at any time due to official ship’s movement.

Signed: _____________________________

Print name: _________________________

Date: ______________________________

Important numbers:
phone: 617-242-2543
Fax: 617-242-2308
Email: constitution.events@navy.mil

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't have the time or resources to actually establish this event under MY name (nor do I live in Boston). Would anyone here FROM Boston willing to get this organized? I'd be happy to donate, however, if a Chip-In is started.

shepburn
11-09-2007, 06:42 PM
very cool that is even possible. Someone in Boston needs to get us a quote on renting that ole beast of a ship! I think even if it was $500k it would be worth it!