PDA

View Full Version : Civil Liberties: Help Me Please

playboymommy
12-27-2011, 11:04 AM
A gay friend of mine posted this on facebook and wrote the following:

No Ron Paul for me Jennifer. Anyone that says something this idiotic and hateful isn't getting my vote.

He was referring to this picture: 1035

We know Ron didn't write this. These are not his words. It is unfortunate and does look bad that it was in his newsletter. I'm just not sure how to explain that 'oh ron didn't say this, ignore the RON PAUL newsletter'. BTW, if you're a friend of mine on facebook feel free to respond, but mind your manners. ;)

The New Deal Sucked
12-29-2011, 07:06 PM
I think you answered your own question. He didn't write that.

MelissaWV
12-29-2011, 07:12 PM
He did not write it, and his proposals look to even the playing field for everyone. Black, white, tall, short, gay, straight, etc., would get the same HUMAN rights under President Paul.

"Gay marriage" would be a state-decided issue with (ideally) no Federal implications. Ron's stance on DADT is pretty obvious.

If people want to blindly think Ron is a bad person, they simply will not see around it. If they are willing to look at the man's record, then perhaps logic will win the day.

playboymommy
12-29-2011, 07:50 PM
Thanks guys for your responses. This is what I wrote:

Oh my, that is quite offensive. Fortunately, believe it or not, Ron doesn't talk like that and doesn't believe that. One pic from the internet does not represent Dr. Paul's views. If you watch his speeches and interviews, you know he doesn't think or talk like that. Ron Paul does not label or stereotype groups. He sees each person as an individual. Of all the candidates and politicians he is the only one who would respect your right to marry the same gender. He is also the only candidate serious about peace for the whole world. I couldn't support anyone who wants to drop more bombs on innocent people.

The New Deal Sucked
12-30-2011, 10:19 AM
That's a pretty good response, but I would have mentioned a little more about how Paul wants marriage to be a church AND secular issue, not government. Meaning there would be no place for government to say who can or can't get married, especially the federal government. Hope it works out for you!