PDA

View Full Version : Sweetener: Paul hopes to 'cook' up an Iowa win

LEK
12-27-2011, 10:56 AM
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/12/24/9683533-sweetener-paul-hopes-to-cook-up-an-iowa-win#c61002329

Nice short article but I wanted to point out an encouraging comment on that page:

Although I'm not a Ron Paul supporter, I am rooting for him to win the GOP nomination. I think it would be refreshing to see the republican candidate debate to the left of the democrat on issues like the Drug War, the War on Terror, overseas conflicts, the Patriot Act, Homeland Security, the death penalty, NDAA 2012, etc.

Also, as an indie, it would be nice if you partisan types stopped trying to dehumanize your political opponents. If you don't like the message, go after the message, not the messenger. Obama is not a Nigerian Muslim, Ron Paul is not a racist. Both of these ridiculous claims were successfully debunked long ago. Only the partisan faithful still believe this crap. I'm sure you can find lots of legitimate stuff to argue about.

That's pretty sweet...:)

sailingaway
12-27-2011, 10:59 AM
In a GOP primary calling Ron to the 'left' of Obama, rather than pointing out Ron is simply following the Constitution (owned by all of us, not just the 'left) is not perfect. But the stick to the issues part is rational.

LEK
12-27-2011, 11:06 AM
I know the person isn't a supporter but I like the fact that he/she realizes what needs to be looked at - though with the list of issues, I can't help think a Ron Paul debate with Obama would help this person shift sides and become a Ron Paul supporter. I also appreciate the RP NOT a racist comment...nice to see from the other side.