PDA

View Full Version : Google News misquoting Ron Paul

FancyJules
12-27-2011, 08:47 AM
If you search for "Ron Paul" on Google News, the quote at the top says, "If you have ever been robbed by a black teenage male, you know how unbelievably fleet of foot they can be." It's linked to some ABC article.

Does anyone else find this ridiculous? He didn't even write it. It's one thing to say he's responsible for what was written in his news letters. It's another to associate the quote to him. The media is so pitiful.

Ron Paul 2012

LoneWolf
12-27-2011, 08:49 AM
Yeah but I like to live by the words that if you aren't being attacked then obviously you aren't doing something correct. :D

tremendoustie
12-27-2011, 08:50 AM
If you search for "Ron Paul" on Google News, the quote at the top says, "If you have ever been robbed by a black teenage male, you know how unbelievably fleet of foot they can be." It's linked to some ABC article.

Does anyone else find this ridiculous? He didn't even write it. It's one thing to say he's responsible for what was written in his news letters. It's another to associate the quote to him. The media is so pitiful.

Ron Paul 2012

Yep, they're really desperate at this point. It's not google itself -- it's the news stories that are so blatantly implying that he wrote them (which everyone's known for 15 years that he didn't), that the google algorithm actually picks it up as a quote.

Best not to worry about it. Haterz gonna hate (and big government "conservatives" desperate to hang on to their gravy train gonna smear).

opinionatedfool
12-27-2011, 08:54 AM
Plus 1 any good articles or any better articles. Also, link to them from your blog, web site, etc. This will help rank them higher.

We need to find some really good videos and content linking to racism and do the same thing.

Patriot0811
12-27-2011, 10:38 AM
interestingly, Google and Boeing are one of the top contributors to Ron Paul's campaign. But then again, we're talking about individual donations.

jemuf
12-28-2011, 11:17 PM
interestingly, Google and Boeing are one of the top contributors to Ron Paul's campaign. But then again, we're talking about individual donations.

Yes we are talking about individual donations. I posted a similar Google thread and people tried to smack me down with how much Google had donated to Paul.

How much did Google donate to Obama in '08? How much did Google donate to McCain in '08? I know the answer, and bet the people who come out claiming that there's no way Google is anti-Paul (anti-Republican) don't.

I see more passion for Google from some of the posters than for Paul.

TheViper
12-28-2011, 11:36 PM
Google quotes, just like Google News, Google Images and Google Search, etc... are algorithms. They are not personally selected.