PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul rides Grassroots Zeal to Surge in Polls

bobbyw24
12-27-2011, 07:40 AM
GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul is barreling into Iowa and New Hampshire with surprising strength as the first 2012 presidential contests approach - a position that comes, in part, from the unconventional ground games and fundraising strategies being waged by impassioned supporters like Alex Beltramo.
http://imgs.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2011/12/26/ba-paulsurge27_P_WRE0105765691_part6.jpg

Beltramo, 44, a San Francisco game developer, recently unveiled his plan to raise money for the Texas congressman by donating $5 to the Paul campaign for every player who slays a dragon - no kidding - in his online game called "Dungeoneers."

So far, 1,000 supporters have done the deed, and Beltramo said he hopes to raise as much as $25,000 with fellow dragon-slaying Paul fans.

"For a long time, the media perception was that (Ron Paul) was extreme or kooky, and they didn't want to talk about him," said Beltramo, a longtime independent voter who is changing his registration to Republican to cast his ballot for Paul in California's June primary.

"I really like that he understands the economy and, in terms of foreign policy, he is the only one who is not wearing blinders regarding the costs of the military," Beltramo said. "Newt Gingrich calls himself a historian, but Ron Paul is the only one who learns from history."

Surging at the right time

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/12/26/MN021MEBKQ.DTL#ixzz1hk5gLMOw

tuggy24g
12-27-2011, 08:59 AM
For a while Ron Paul was in first and then two polls came out that he is not even close to first. I am sooo confused who really is in first or second or even third for that matter!

tremendoustie
12-27-2011, 09:12 AM
For a while Ron Paul was in first and then two polls came out that he is not even close to first. I am sooo confused who really is in first or second or even third for that matter!

Do you mean in Iowa or nationally? 5 of 6 polls have him leading in Iowa, but national polls show him in 3rd place.

freedom-maniac
12-27-2011, 09:18 AM
Do you mean in Iowa or nationally? 5 of 6 polls have him leading in Iowa, but national polls show him in 3rd place.

I think that will change soon enough. With the exception of South Dakota, the two states that Dr. Paul does the best in are Iowa and New Hampshire, the two-states that all the campaigning and focus are on. That means when Dr. Paul is able to go and personally explain his message, he does much better, whereas the other candidates that thrown time and effort into these states actually do worse there than in many other parts of the nation (this is all a product of the MSM propaganda confusing the minds of Americans, I believe)

So once Dr. Paul wins in Iowa, wins in New Hampshire, and gears up for later states, people are going to have to take a look at him, put aside the MSM propaganda, and actually hear his message...Then we win.

CaptUSA
12-27-2011, 09:18 AM
For a while Ron Paul was in first and then two polls came out that he is not even close to first. I am sooo confused who really is in first or second or even third for that matter!Well, since no voting has occurred yet, I'd say there's about a seven way tie.

Remember, don't dwell on polling. That's the media telling you who they think is doing well. There's a huge feedback effect that happens with polling - people vote how they think people are polling. The only thing that matters is that we have a good shot as long as we keep working hard.