PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully we're getting close to the last of slogans lol...

justinc.1089
11-08-2007, 06:01 PM
So which one once again do you prefer?

I put these four slogans side by side to group them together for their similarity. Once we see which is thought to be the best choice to market and advertise Dec.16th with, we can have a final poll to see which version is thought to be best.

Of course this is all mainly to know popular opinion, because we can all use what we think is best to promote, but its always a good idea to listen to this forum since we did a good job on Nov.5th as a consensus and group lol. I don't think its very smart to go against popular opinion on this forum lol.....

LiberTea Is Brewing/Liberty Is Brewing

A Revolution Is Brewing/A R[evol]ution Is Brewing

Jobarra
11-08-2007, 06:25 PM
Seriously, get rid of the LiberTea spelling.

ShowMeLiberty
11-08-2007, 06:27 PM

+1

justinc.1089
11-08-2007, 06:28 PM
Well some people like it, and it would be good advertising. Personally I'm with you, I think its kind of dumb, but we will get our chance to vote against it if liberty wins this poll. And it looks like its going to so far.

Edit: And for the record I asked someone older if liberTea would market good to them, and be a good advertising slogan to encourage them to donate, and they said yes, and liked the idea much better than any of our other slogans too. I think this one would go over with people 35+ the best probably. We need to think about marketing and advertising, not just what we like the best, because what we like is not what older people will like too most of the time.

jrich4rpaul
11-08-2007, 06:32 PM
drop the Liber"tea" and we're golden

Sey.Naci
11-08-2007, 06:33 PM
I'm in my fifties and think LiberTea is silly and rather insulting to the real deal.

justinc.1089
11-08-2007, 06:34 PM
Lol well if the majority goes against it I will be happy too, although a little nervous we could have had a more appealing slogan to a wider audience even though I don't care for it much. But they're all good.

beerista
11-08-2007, 06:37 PM
As for Liber-Tea, I'd stay away from overly cute spellings in your main slogan. You can use it as a visual pun somewhere in the graphics if you really like it. Actually, that might be kinda cool if it fits with the theme. Wouldn't label the tea being thrown overboard as Liber-Tea brand, though; might give the wrong impression... unless the saboteurs are all dressed as Bush.
Don't know if I'd say the same for the r[evol]ution spelling. If this is a top dead center slogan, I might keep it pretty straight. I personally love the r[evol]ution logo, though.

justinc.1089
11-08-2007, 06:41 PM
Well like I said I'm going to poll the winning two against each other so that we will know what everyone is thinking on here. If we're all thinking against LiberTea we won't go with it.

And the people like you pointing out that it can be taken as throwing out liberty do have a point, but I doubt anyone would take it that way because the slogan says liberty is brewing, not going away. The Tea just emphasizes on the BTP and the word Brewing in the slogan.

ShowMeLiberty
11-08-2007, 06:42 PM
I'm in my fifties and think LiberTea is silly and rather insulting to the real deal.

I'm (almost) 42 and I agree. ;)

justinc.1089
11-08-2007, 06:44 PM
Ok, I wouldn't know what appeals to your age group since I'm not anywhere close to it lol, but what do you think will encourage people your age to donate the best? I was thinking it would be LiberTea, but you guys would know better than me.

beerista
11-08-2007, 06:48 PM
Ok, I wouldn't know what appeals to your age group since I'm not anywhere close to it lol, but what do you think will encourage people your age to donate the best? I was thinking it would be LiberTea, but you guys would know better than me.

Translate it into Latin?

kevman657
11-08-2007, 06:50 PM

+1

I concur.

justinc.1089
11-08-2007, 06:52 PM
Seriously? You think Latin would get your age group to donate more? I would have never thought of that if you think thats the case. I was just meaning out of these slogans which you think is the best, but if we need to start polling another slogan we still have two or three days to play around with slogans I guess.. although I would like to get our slogans somewhat centered by tomorrow night with most people on here. I mean they are getting there already, we're done to basically 2, but we still aren't sure which is the most popular yet really.

ChelC
11-08-2007, 06:52 PM
I also vote liberty.

ShowMeLiberty
11-08-2007, 06:55 PM
Seriously? You think Latin would get your age group to donate more? I would have never thought of that if you think thats the case. I was just meaning out of these slogans which you think is the best, but if we need to start polling another slogan we still have two or three days to play around with slogans I guess.. although I would like to get our slogans somewhat centered by tomorrow night with most people on here. I mean they are getting there already, we're done to basically 2, but we still aren't sure which is the most popular yet really.

No .. please no more slogan polls! LOL "Liberty is Brewing" will be just fine. ;)

thoughtbombing
11-08-2007, 06:59 PM
Return To Spender.

Brian Bailey
11-08-2007, 07:01 PM
Boston Tea Party 2007

Ron Paul 2008
Hope for America

Everyone Is Invited

This got a lot of love earlier in the day and I don't think it should be dismissed before others get a chance to see it.

If you want a little more oomph, an exclamation mark could be added.

Boston Tea Party 2007

Ron Paul 2008
Hope for America

Everyone Is Invited!

If that was posted over that great graphic of everyone dumping money into the ocean, revolution-style, it would be priceless.

justinc.1089
11-08-2007, 07:02 PM
Ah yeah Liberty is Brewing does seem to be a strong consensus, so I think you're right, we don't need another slogan poll.

If someone says we need another one because they think one is popular, I guess they can post one, but it seems like "Liberty Is Brewing" is the most popular one. Its my second favorite. I like A R[evol]ution Is Brewing the best, but its too strong to appeal to as many people as Liberty will. Plus we played up the whole revolution thing with Nov.5th. Now we're playing up the reason for revolution.:cool:

justinc.1089
11-08-2007, 07:04 PM
Boston Tea Party 2007

Ron Paul 2008
Hope for America

Everyone Is Invited

This got a lot of love earlier in the day and I don't think it should be dismissed before others get a chance to see it.

If you want a little more oomph, an exclamation mark could be added.

Boston Tea Party 2007

Ron Paul 2008
Hope for America

Everyone Is Invited!

If that was posted over that great graphic of everyone dumping money into the ocean, revolution-style, it would be priceless.

Everyone is invited is a great slogan for videos and sites. But it is not even good for anything else because there is no information in the slogan, and extremely little connection to the BTP.

But we can poll it against "Liberty Is Brewing" and find out of course.

Sey.Naci
11-08-2007, 07:09 PM
BTW, don't like the passive 'is brewing'; still prefer Brewing a R[evol]ution

llamabread
11-08-2007, 07:10 PM
Translate it into Latin?

The Revolution is brewing.
Insurgo ferventem est.

Literally it means the revolt is boiling, but its not too much of a stretch to the Revolution is Brewing.

Liberty is Brewing.
Libertas ferventem est.

son of liberty
11-08-2007, 07:11 PM
No taxation though inflation.

justinc.1089
11-08-2007, 07:13 PM
BTW, don't like the passive 'is brewing'; still prefer Brewing a R[evol]ution

I liked the slogans with Brewing first too, but they were all losing in the other poll, so apparently people prefer having Brewing at the end.

The latin might be cool to have on the site idk. It wouldn't be good for promoting since no one can understand it, but after seeing the slogan other places it might work ok on the site perhaps.

justinc.1089
11-08-2007, 07:14 PM
No taxation though inflation.

That lost in a poll like one or two polls ago, there are at least three slogans more popular. But use it in a flier, sign, shirt, video, or something if you like it. We're just trying to find popular slogans with these polls because everyone is suggesting like a million different slogans.

Edit: The revolution slogan is ahead now lol. Didn't think that was coming, but I do think it sounds cooler. I don't think its as good for marketing though idk....

beerista
11-08-2007, 07:16 PM
Translate it into Latin?

Just kidding. Not as a primary slogan, anyway. Even old people don't read Latin anymore. (Shame, too; all that schoolin' down the drain. :D)

FreeTraveler
11-08-2007, 07:19 PM
Ah yeah Liberty is Brewing does seem to be a strong consensus, so I think you're right, we don't need another slogan poll.

If someone says we need another one because they think one is popular, I guess they can post one, but it seems like "Liberty Is Brewing" is the most popular one. Its my second favorite. I like A R[evol]ution Is Brewing the best, but its too strong to appeal to as many people as Liberty will. Plus we played up the whole revolution thing with Nov.5th. Now we're playing up the reason for revolution.:cool:

Liberty is Brewing makes a perfect major theme, but I still think Brewing a rEVOLution should be used as well. Save it for the more hard-core crowd that represents the Sons of Liberty. There will be all sorts of Tea Party 2007 merchandise showing up, and I bet you'll see both, as well as others on merchandise. Tea Party 2007 should appear on EVERYTHING.

Think Disney... how many different images, characters and slogans do they use to promote Disney World? There's a central theme, but there's something there to appeal to everybody, too, from Cinderella and Dumbo for the littlest kids, to Epcot for the grown-ups, and everything in between. Universal appeal is important if you want to get the whole family excited about an outing. :D

Sey.Naci
11-08-2007, 07:20 PM
Wasn't the Latin remark a joke? I took it as that.

Just to make clear what I'm talking about re 'is brewing'...

* Liberty/A Revolution is Brewing suggests an event with no one behind it.
* Brewing a Revolution implies a subject or an actor - some one or more people who are actively mounting a revolution.

justinc.1089
11-08-2007, 07:20 PM
Hmm since these two slogans are so close what do you guys think of kind of combing them to make the slogan "A Liberty Revolution Is Brewing"? Thoughts?

I think it might be a bit too long, but we were considering longer slogans initially so if this goes over I guess its not too long.

justinc.1089
11-08-2007, 07:22 PM
Wasn't the Latin remark a joke? I took it as that.

Just to make clear what I'm talking about re 'is brewing'...

* Liberty/A Revolution is Brewing suggests an event with no one behind it.
* Brewing a Revolution implies a subject or an actor - some one or more people who are actively mounting a revolution.

I agree with you but the general consensus on here disagrees with us. The slogans starting with Brewing lost in polls, and the ones ending with Brewing won.

Personally I think the best slogan we could have is "Brewing A Liberty Revolution."

I don't see how you can get better than that lol!

thoughtbombing
11-08-2007, 07:24 PM
I like a REVOLUTION IS BREWING.

Or... Return TO Spender.

That's what I write on my tax forms, before not filling them out.

edit- the latin is good if it's included, but not FEATURED, as noone will know what it means... however, if it's below it in a quote or something, that might work... of course, given the nature of what is on our money, that latin seems a bit bohemian grove to me.

alternately....

REVOLUTION: IT'S BREWING.

beerista
11-08-2007, 07:24 PM
The Revolution is brewing.
Insurgo ferventem est.

Literally it means the revolt is boiling, but its not too much of a stretch to the Revolution is Brewing.

Liberty is Brewing.
Libertas ferventem est.

Oooh, I like that. May have to use that some time. Wish my Latin were better. Four years and all I've got left is "Arma virumque cano..." Just as well; folks don't understand what I'm talking about half the time when I talk English.

justinc.1089
11-08-2007, 07:30 PM
I like a REVOLUTION IS BREWING.

Or... Return TO Spender.

That's what I write on my tax forms, before not filling them out.

edit- the latin is good if it's included, but not FEATURED, as noone will know what it means... however, if it's below it in a quote or something, that might work... of course, given the nature of what is on our money, that latin seems a bit bohemian grove to me.

alternately....

REVOLUTION: IT'S BREWING.

There's like no difference in "A Revolution Is Brewing" and "Revolution Is Brewing." Its basically the exact same slogan.

However, I like the change of "is" to ": its".

Liberty: It's Brewing. Revolution: It's Brewing.

But personally I think "A Liberty Revolution Is Brewing" is the way to go since it has what everyone wants in it. Plus I think liberty revolution sounds awesome!

smtwngrl
11-08-2007, 07:37 PM
I also vote liberty.

Ditto.

llamabread
11-08-2007, 07:39 PM
Brewing a revolution
Ferveo inserrectum.

Brewing up Liberty
Ferveo usque libertatem.

Those two aren't as literal (or correct) as the other ones, but still pretty close.

justinc.1089
11-08-2007, 07:41 PM
Well I think we're on track for slogans to promote with now. I think we can all see the generally liked ones, so I think we've polled slogans enough to be promoting in generally the same way now lol.

Visual
11-08-2007, 08:15 PM
A liberty revolution is brewing.

BAM!

justinc.1089
11-08-2007, 08:49 PM
So you like the slogan "A Liberty Revolution Is Brewing" too?

I just love how liberty revolution sounds.

SonicInfinity
11-08-2007, 08:51 PM
Dang, it's 50-50 now.

Is there ANY way to combine the two sayings? Something like "I'll take my R[evol]ution with a side of Libertea"? Might be a bit long, I dunno.

Of course, we could always use both slogans somehow, but that would be hard to implement.

justinc.1089
11-08-2007, 08:56 PM
Dang, it's 50-50 now.

Is there ANY way to combine the two sayings? Something like "I'll take my R[evol]ution with a side of Libertea"? Might be a bit long, I dunno.

Of course, we could always use both slogans somehow, but that would be hard to implement.

Thats what I have been saying, we can go with "A Liberty Revolution Is Brewing" or "Brewing A Liberty Revolution"

SonicInfinity
11-08-2007, 09:14 PM
Thats what I have been saying, we can go with "A Liberty Revolution Is Brewing" or "Brewing A Liberty Revolution"

Eh, due to all the media garbage my mind is filled with, it sounds like "Libertarian Revolution" when put in that context. Saying it like that may not be a good idea.

justinc.1089
11-08-2007, 09:31 PM
Eh, due to all the media garbage my mind is filled with, it sounds like "Libertarian Revolution" when put in that context. Saying it like that may not be a good idea.

Yeah that crossed my mind too. I guess that slogan's a big no-no for that reason lol. But its not like we can't just use both of the other ones depending on what we like lol. I mean this polling is just to find popular opinions and we all know that stuff now mainly.

James R
11-08-2007, 10:31 PM
Unless the vote gets up to at least 55% for any one slogan, we don't have a clear winner as far as I'm concerned. I'm going to see if I can post this to basically random places on the internet to see if random people who have not heard of Ron Paul have a different opinion.

Visual
11-08-2007, 10:41 PM
Unless the vote gets up to at least 55% for any one slogan, we don't have a clear winner as far as I'm concerned.

6 years later... 54.49 to 45.51

ChelC
11-08-2007, 10:52 PM
REVOLUTION: IT'S BREWING

That one is cool too - simple, very marketable. It would allow for the famous logo that people are seeing along the streets. Now I'm just having a hard time deciding.

kevman657
11-09-2007, 09:32 AM

Yeah we are. Liberty is brewing. LOL maybe you shouldn't have paired them in the poll so we could've been able to see which exact one.

We need some more organization around here. I wonder how many of these posters are over the age of 18.

Brian Bailey
11-09-2007, 09:37 AM
Yeah we are. Liberty is brewing. LOL maybe you shouldn't have paired them in the poll so we could've been able to see which exact one.

We need some more organization around here. I wonder how many of these posters are over the age of 18.

I've been wondering that myself.