PDA

View Full Version : Civil Liberties: Ron Paul Abstain on NDAA

RONISMYHERO
12-26-2011, 11:13 PM
Hey Ron.....WTF?!?!? WHY DIDN'T YOU VOTE!?!?! Look, i get he was in Iowa campaigning but isn't voting no on a bill that is so dangerously vague that it could be used(and probably will be used) to justify the blatant violation of our 5th and 6th amendments. I know that it would have passed anyway and that winning the Iowa caucus is an important step toward the presidency...but thats not the point. Its the principle of it. And i would have expected a man who has such principled integrity to have left Iowa, flown back to washington for 1 day to vote no and then flown back to Iowa right after. I know that he has come out recently and denounced the bill and tried to explain to people how dangerous it is....but why couldn't he have backed that up with a no vote. I think for the first time since i started supporting him 2 years ago i'm actually angry at him, and to be honest, i feel a bit betrayed.

kuckfeynes
12-26-2011, 11:19 PM
And if he were to lose to Romney by 0.1%, you would still sing the same tune, right?

eduardo89
12-26-2011, 11:19 PM
He voted against it when it passed 322-96. The final passage was simply reconciling it with the senate version. That passed 283-136. Ron being there would have changed nothing.