PDA

View Full Version : Canvas Sant and Bach Supporters by politely explaining that they have no chance to win

Joe3113
12-26-2011, 08:52 PM
For those phoning etc ...

The fact is that Bachmann and Santorum (edit: and Perry) are fringe candidates with no change to win the nomination.

The frontrunners who have a chance to win are Romney, Paul and Gingrich.

Clearly the people who are still in the Bachmann/Santorum camp are staunch, principled conservatives.

Complement them for their principles. Tell them how their candidate would be an excellent choice, were it not for the fact that they have no chance to win. And explain to them (politely) that if they switch to Ron, their vote will be a whole lot more significant. They will be supporting a conservative who can actually win the nomination.

South Park Fan
12-26-2011, 09:29 PM
I think saying "Paul has a better chance than Santorum or Bachmann" honey will catch more social conservative flies than "Bachmann and Santorum have no chance" vinegar

ninepointfive
12-26-2011, 09:38 PM
I always cringe whenever anyone says a candidate has no chance. All because we've heard that about Ron this whole time, and since a long time ago.

2c

opinionatedfool
12-26-2011, 09:54 PM
I always cringe whenever anyone says a candidate has no chance. All because we've heard that about Ron this whole time, and since a long time ago.

2c

Agreed. I would say with candidates who aren't front runners, try to find positive attributes about them and then try to show how Ron Paul is better for our current environment. With Newt Romney it's hard to find positives, so just bash him, lol

PastaRocket848
12-26-2011, 09:59 PM
Yeah, let's not be that guy, especially given our history dealing with tht same stuff. They'll switch their votes at the caucus once it's down to Paul and Romney.

kojirodensetsu
12-26-2011, 10:05 PM

2c
^ this

angelatc
12-26-2011, 10:07 PM
I think you're supposed to stick to the script.