PDA

View Full Version : Real Life Tea Parties? Political Theatre? Anyone?! Anyone?!?!

stalcottsmith
11-08-2007, 05:52 PM
I am based in South Florida. I was thinking of having a party to celebrate TeaParty07 at a local establishment called Boston's on the Beach in Delray Beach, Florida -- maybe get them to serve some Hard Tea while we watch the numbers on a projection screen.

However, the Miami Ron Paul guys are trying to throw a party at Bayfront Park for 1000 people. Now, that has some media potential! I don't know what they're actually thinking yet but it needs to have a gimmick or some kind of catch to it.

That got me to thinking: I lived in Boston for many years. Is anyone up in Boston willing to plan a really theatrical media event around this Tea Party???

The Ron Paul Revolution promises to be the FUNNEST NON VIOLENT REVOLUTION EVER!!!

Let's Partay! But not like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTU2He2BIc0 (New England gangsters: There but for the Grace of God...)

SeanEdwards
11-08-2007, 05:53 PM
That's pretty brilliant. Definetly a great event idea for meetup groups.

stalcottsmith
11-08-2007, 06:01 PM
Maybe we could encourage meetups to have 100 parties around the US.

And Ron Paul could address us all via streaming video.

We could all upload little videos of our various parties for people to check out.

Should be straightforward and cheap to set up and well within the technical capabilities of the larger meetup groups.

Tell me the press wouldn't be all over it. You could at least get 100 local press outfits to cover it.

constituent
11-08-2007, 06:05 PM
yea man, i thought this was already under way, you might just check w/ your local people...

JoshLowry
11-08-2007, 06:07 PM
If we get all our supporters a lil toasty on a few Long Island Iced Tea's we just might hit Max's 100 million dollar dreams. :D

stalcottsmith
11-08-2007, 06:10 PM
yea man, i thought this was already under way, you might just check w/ your local people...

I am the local and regional coordinator / organizer / whatever in my area. We have several hundred in the grassroots and tons of campaign volunteers and sympathizers. I know what is going on here... just wondered if people knew of other plans or if the people on this board think it would be fun and/or beneficial to coordinate on a large scale.

constituent
11-08-2007, 06:13 PM
"blah ... blah ... blah..." cred cred cred.... "bleh, bleh, bleh, i'm in the know"

look man, i'm not trying to step on your toes or whatever, but check the search engine, all i'm saying. is it a good idea? yea, its a great idea and folks have been tossing it around.

no need in reinventing the wheel. save yourself some time, maximize your efficiency... all those good things.

::jesus christ people are getting uppity lately.::

stalcottsmith
11-08-2007, 06:37 PM
"blah ... blah ... blah..." cred cred cred.... "bleh, bleh, bleh, i'm in the know"

look man, i'm not trying to step on your toes or whatever, but check the search engine, all i'm saying. is it a good idea? yea, its a great idea and folks have been tossing it around.

no need in reinventing the wheel. save yourself some time, maximize your efficiency... all those good things.

::jesus christ people are getting uppity lately.::

You're not stepping on my toes. More helpful would have been, "oh yeah check the boston group"

I did learn about the Europeans:

http://europe4ronpaul.blogspot.com/2007/11/strasbourg-tea-party-ii.html

I learned that the Boston folks have an idea but don't seem to know what to do with it....

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/68/calendar/6622547/

But I also learned that no, noone else appears to have put forward much of any thing besides let's all donate on the computer.

Anyway, if I had meekly gone off to google like an introvert to test the waters first as you suggested, I would not keep bumping up my idea here in the forums... ;-P

So people? 100 Tea Parties? One Big One? Miami seems to be plunging ahead.

torchbearer
11-08-2007, 06:53 PM
If we get all our supporters a lil toasty on a few Long Island Iced Tea's we just might hit Max's 100 million dollar dreams. :D

Yeh, but think of the hang-over ;)

constituent
11-08-2007, 07:32 PM
So people? 100 Tea Parties? One Big One? Miami seems to be plunging ahead.

why stop at 100...

seriously, every major city.. that'd be awesome! i don't see it as anything but possible.

a huge one in boston would be monumental!

Drknows
11-08-2007, 07:34 PM
Ill have a kegger

MS0453
11-08-2007, 07:37 PM
Personally, I think the Boston Tea Party should be a holiday anyway... :)