PDA

View Full Version : Another baseless FOX News claim: "Ron Paul has foreign policy of Jeremiah Wright"!?!?!

gb13
12-26-2011, 04:50 PM
Just now live on FOX, they were saying that a former Ron Paul staffer claimed Ron literally "hates Israel", that he has the "foreign policy of Jeremiah Wright". They went on to say that the only reason that the newsletters are only being investigated now is because no one took him seriously before, but now that he's polling well, people are going to have to start asking the tough questions about him. Nice try. They even replayed the Huckabee hit segment on RP.

This is getting pathetic and disgusting.

EDIT: it is also noteworthy that, true to form, all of this slander was riddled with the obligatory "kooky", "crazy", "isolationist", "racist" name-calling. Further proving that these hacks have no leg to stand on.

pauliticalfan
12-26-2011, 04:56 PM
They are literally throwing the kitchen sink at him.

braane
12-26-2011, 04:59 PM
I wasn't aware that Jeremiah Wright had a foreign policy. Isn't he that racist minister guy?

If Iowa didn't count, then why is the media so concerned with destroying his candidacy?

Brett85
12-26-2011, 05:04 PM
If Iowa didn't count, then why is the media so concerned with destroying his candidacy?

+Rep. Good question.

coastie
12-26-2011, 05:07 PM
I wasn't aware that Jeremiah Wright had a foreign policy. Isn't he that racist minister guy?

In mid-March 2008, news stations began broadcasting clips in which Mr. Wright's most extreme statements, including snippets from sermons in which he referred to the United States as the “U.S. of K.K.K. A.” and said the Sept. 11 attacks were a result of corrupt American foreign policy. Mr. Obama responded by distancing himself still further. “I reject outright the statements by Rev. Wright that are at issue,” he wrote in a campaign statement ....

Five weeks later, the men seemed finished with each other. Mr. Obama denounced remarks Mr. Wright made in a series of televised appearances in April 2008. In the appearances, Mr. Wright suggested that the United States was attacked because it engaged in terrorism on other people and that the government was capable of having used the AIDS virus to commit genocide against minorities. His remarks also cast Louis Farrakhan, the leader of the Nation of Islam, in a positive light.

What's that about broken clocks again? There is truth to the statement, however, this also happens to be the same views of the DOD, CIA, 9/11 Commission, etc,etc.

Feeding the Abscess
12-26-2011, 05:08 PM

Rev. Wright correctly pointed out that our chickens came home to roost.

Sola_Fide
12-26-2011, 05:09 PM

Wright is a Marxist, and ignorant people sometimes confuse the apparent "non-interventionism" of American Marxists and true Constitutionalist non-entanglement.

Mostly the confusion is intentional though....like what Fox is doing. In reality, Fox is promoting the most statist foreign policy imaginable.

ItsTime
12-26-2011, 05:24 PM
Wait, Ron Paul went from racist to having the same foreign policy as Wright? LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Grasping at straws.

Paulitics 2011
12-26-2011, 05:29 PM
This is a former staffer who got fired and tried to run against Paul, to be defeated.

They DID try this last election cycle, and it was debunked.

BTW, you spelled Faux wrong. Also, you should be thanking them, because that's an additional 200 calls I'm making today.

centure7
12-26-2011, 05:33 PM
"Another baseless FOX News claim" - I'm not sure if its worth our effort to worry about these things. All the negative claims against Paul out there are baseless or close enough to baseless to be irrelevant. Either the MSM has enough credibility left to destroy Paul or they don't. We'll find out soon enough. I think all we should do is focus on the positive at this point instead of wasting our energy against negative attacks.

Xenophage
12-26-2011, 05:46 PM
They're getting more outrageous, eh?

I'm very pessimistic about all of this. It's tremendous cause for concern, but I can't think of anything that can be done about it. Nobody wants to associate with a racist.

Captain Shays
12-26-2011, 06:17 PM
We need to go into every forum we can find to stand up for Ron Paul against the smears. Be kind and be factual and be determined. They are hammering us on EVERY forum out there. Baseless ridiculous claims. I'm even hearing that he hates America, he hates Israel, he "wants"Iran to get nukes. I even heard that he is a leftist progressive. We NEED to set the people straight every chance we can

Blue
12-26-2011, 06:25 PM
The guy who said it is a writer for The Washington Post.

South Park Fan
12-26-2011, 07:03 PM
FOX: "Ron Paul is racist against blacks and agrees with a black minister!"

ItsTime
12-26-2011, 07:10 PM
FOX: "Ron Paul is racist against blacks and agrees with a black minister!"

doublespeak (ˈdʌb ə lˌspiːk)

— n
the practice of using ambiguous language regarding political, military, or corporate matters in a deliberate attempt to disguise the truth

heavenlyboy34
12-26-2011, 07:15 PM
They're getting more outrageous, eh?

I'm very pessimistic about all of this. It's tremendous cause for concern, but I can't think of anything that can be done about it. Nobody wants to associate with a racist.
Well, they do-as long as they only use racist rhetoric. The pro-war crowd has a strain of EXTREMELY bigoted people. It's really quite shocking. They use their pro-war stance as an excuse to be racist. I'm sure you've run across it-the collectivist, anti-arab, anti persian types. I once heard a fellow saying on the radio that the whole middle east should be leveled (by bombs). Basically turning racism into a a populist rallying point.

paleoguy
12-26-2011, 07:30 PM
This news coverage has woken up more than a few Fox News watchers that I know personally.

I used to like Fox News (secretly). Now I see them as a bunch of traitors that draw our natural allies in to their controlled opposition, using stories that touch the hearts of conservatives....like Christian bashing for example. Then their minds are filled with pro-Israel / pro-Rudy McRonmney garbage.