PDA

View Full Version : These Guilt by Association Smears are Good!

Paulitics 2011
12-26-2011, 02:29 PM
Many of you may have noticed the fact that today many articles are talking about Ron's associates, etc.

These are good!

It shows that their attempt to portray Ron as a racist is failing, and now they have moved on to the next best thing. Making the company he keeps appear racist. This too will fail.

Napolitanic Wars
12-26-2011, 02:35 PM
Why does the media keep doing these smears if they never work? It didn't work with the TEA Party; it didn't work with Rand; it's not working with Ron.

muh_roads
12-26-2011, 02:35 PM
Who are they attacking that is associated to Paul?

nasaal
12-26-2011, 02:36 PM
Many of you may have noticed the fact that today many articles are talking about Ron's associates, etc.

These are good!

It shows that their attempt to portray Ron as a racist is failing, and now they have moved on to the next best thing. Making the company he keeps appear racist. This too will fail.
I thought the picture was hilarious. As if anyone with celebrity status doesn't take pictures with strangers constantly. Hilarious stuff.

sailingaway
12-26-2011, 02:40 PM
They just want an ongoing negative narrative with nasty words in it 'racist' 'supremicist' they sure aren't searching for bad supporters of any other campaign -- they want to hurt the enthusiasm of youth voters is my guess. That is why WE need to put out a constant counter narrative - not just debunk the bad stuff. Circulate the best videos on Ron, remind people he will fight for civil liberties. All they have to do is hurt ENTHUSIASM for a caucus.

nbruno322
12-26-2011, 02:42 PM
Why does the media keep doing these smears if they never work? It didn't work with the TEA Party; it didn't work with Rand; it's not working with Ron.

View it as a sign of desperation....its all they got. They can't attack him on his unmatched conservative record or his obvious personal integrity.

Also its a sign of how bad the establishment is frightened. I think it is backfiring to a large degree and exposing their bias and agenda to many new people.

jbuttell
12-26-2011, 03:01 PM
I think it's a weee bit early to tell if they're working or not... though I suspect you're right. In my opinion, if Ron Paul's campaign survives these smears and wins Iowa, it will really solidify Ron's percieved STRENGTH. There's a good chance Ron could come out of this stronger than ever once this storm passes.

12-26-2011, 04:18 PM
We won't know if the smears worked or not until Wednesday or Thursday when new polls come out. I suspect it doesn't hurt, but I'm not sure.

randomname
12-26-2011, 04:33 PM
We won't know if the smears worked or not until Wednesday or Thursday when new polls come out. I suspect it doesn't hurt, but I'm not sure.

I am suspecting some pollsters to show his support to be down even though it isn't, just so they can say the negative attention is hurting Ron and so as to discourage supporters.

Rasmussen in particular is suspect, they have done this kind of anti-Paul propaganda before.

wowrevolution
12-26-2011, 05:18 PM

"splash"

You aren't going to watch a news article about Paul supporters helping people with food drives, but people will watch "breaking news" about a political scandal. They are working hard for their "end of year christmas bonuses" from their corporate subsidizers and so they need to pull in more viewers to watch their ads.

StudentForPaul08
12-26-2011, 05:40 PM
The old guard is trying to discredit, smear, and crush the reemerging message of liberty. It's too late. The old guard can't stop it. The new media is growing. CBS/ABC/NBC/FOX is becoming more irrelevant by the day.

Revolution9
12-26-2011, 05:42 PM

Rote and verse is the discourse of a monitor lizard.

HTH
Rev9

Canderson
12-26-2011, 06:13 PM

I think denial of their negative effect is rampant here. Ive seen multiple posts about how they are helping us by exposing the media, some people on here are Bats**t crazy.

12-26-2011, 06:47 PM
I think denial of their negative effect is rampant here. Ive seen multiple posts about how they are helping us by exposing the media, some people on here are Bats**t crazy.

Withhold your judgement until the post Christmas polling comes out. We just don't know. Anecdotal evidence says it's not hurting.