PDA

View Full Version : Senator Dick Lugar: America Can't Afford Ron Paul's Foreign Policy

ericsnow
12-26-2011, 01:08 PM
But apparently we can afford endless wars costing trillions of dollars against nonexistent enemies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8afHXs7adaU

kylejack
12-26-2011, 01:18 PM
Sounds like Lugar wants to continue with the gunboat diplomacy.

Sola_Fide
12-26-2011, 01:19 PM
Lugar is one of the worst. He is on Lindsey Graham level.

White Bear Lake
12-26-2011, 01:23 PM
Well it's a good thing his a** is going to get bounced in the primary in a few short months. Good for the people of Indiana.

JakeH
12-26-2011, 01:27 PM
No Mr. Senator, we can't afford to NOT have Dr. Paul's foreign policy.

Created4
12-26-2011, 01:34 PM
The question itself was stupid. What's more important in a democratic society: does the candidate's view represent the views of the people (including the enlisted military), or does the candidate's view represent the political party? People will see right through this.

Ron Paul needs to come up with his own version of a national defense plan, just as he did with his budget plan. I am sure that a strong Navy patrolling the seas around the world would be part of his plan to ensure trading with other countries, and protecting our national security in international commerce. He wants to make our military stronger, not eliminate it. This needs to be clearly articulated with a detailed plan, in my opinion.

ZanZibar
12-26-2011, 01:44 PM
Sounds like he is living up to his first name.

The Binghamton Patriot
12-26-2011, 01:46 PM
im so sick of hawks this makes me sick

Brian4Liberty
12-26-2011, 01:57 PM
So Dick Lugar thinks that the role of the US President is to lead and police the world, and to constantly threaten people with military force. Where does it say that in the US Constitution?

Feeding the Abscess
12-26-2011, 03:10 PM
The question itself was stupid. What's more important in a democratic society: does the candidate's view represent the views of the people (including the enlisted military), or does the candidate's view represent the political party? People will see right through this.

Ron Paul needs to come up with his own version of a national defense plan, just as he did with his budget plan. I am sure that a strong Navy patrolling the seas around the world would be part of his plan to ensure trading with other countries, and protecting our national security in international commerce. He wants to make our military stronger, not eliminate it. This needs to be clearly articulated with a detailed plan, in my opinion.

Bring the troops home means not policing the world, which means the Navy would be home as well. Military guarding trade is a canard of the mercantilists.

COpatriot
12-26-2011, 03:17 PM
It's like the whole world is ass-backwards now.

ctiger2
12-26-2011, 03:20 PM
Lugar should be sent to Iraq to fight.

coastie
12-26-2011, 04:05 PM
Lugar should be sent to Iraq to fight.

Nah, we need his "smarts" here, who else is gonna pick fights for our troops?:rolleyes:

ETA: What's with all of the Dick's lately? A more fitting name could never be applied to these guys, kudos to there parents!

heavenlyboy34
12-26-2011, 04:18 PM
Wow. This guy is either GROSSLY uninformed or bullshitting. (perhaps some combination of both, too)

heavenlyboy34
12-26-2011, 04:23 PM
Bring the troops home means not policing the world, which means the Navy would be home as well. Military guarding trade is a canard of the mercantilists.
This^^ The whole point of the merchant marines is to guard trade vessols AFAIK.

Yoddle
12-26-2011, 04:41 PM
WTF is up with all these idiots in office that just love our foreign policy yet never served in the military?

eduardo89
12-26-2011, 04:47 PM
WTF is up with all these idiots in office that just love our foreign policy yet never served in the military?

It's the same with all those politicians who offer "solutions" to health care problem yet aren't doctors.

rambone
12-31-2011, 02:16 AM
Are you guys surprised that a CFR member vehemently supports foreign intervention?

Anti Federalist
12-31-2011, 02:26 AM
This^^ The whole point of the merchant marines is to guard trade vessols AFAIK.

The only vessels that are permitted arms, by IMO sanction, are Israeli flagged vessels.

Small arms on other merchant vessels are prohibited.

We can't even have line throwing guns anymore.

KCIndy
12-31-2011, 09:10 AM
I live in Indiana, so I can tell you with complete conviction that Lugar is the most vehemently anti-liberty and pro-authoritarian Republican in the Senate. Hell, he's arguably the worst senator currently serving - period.

AND FOR THE FIRST TIME IN ALMOST THIRTY YEARS, THE S.O.B. IS ACTUALLY VULNERABLE IN A PRIMARY CHALLENGE.

I received the following email from GOA (Gun Owners of America) a couple days ago. (For those who don't know, GOA is a fiercely pro-Second Amendment organization, much better than the NRA, and happens to be very favorable to Ron Paul.) Lugar is being challenged by the current Indiana State Treasurer, Richard Mourdock.

Disclaimer: Although I know Mourdock is as solid a Second Amendment supporter as they come, I can't vouch for him when it comes to other freedom and liberty issues.

Like almost every other politician out there, I imagine Mourdock is no Ron Paul. Hell, who is? (Except RPF's own Glen "Gunny" Bradley, of course!)

Mourdock has been endorsed by Mark Levin, which is enough to sour my stomach all by itself. :(

Despite this, Lugar has been such a colossal pain in the ass that I was considering tossing Mourdock a few bucks just to poke a stick in Lugar's eye, figuratively speaking. Now that Lugar has spouted this insipid drivel about Ron Paul, I can guarantee I'll be sending Mourdock a few bucks later today. Not much, but at least a token donation.

And since I'm voting "R" in the upcoming primary anyway in order to support Ron Paul, I can guarantee I'll pick Mourdock over Lugar simply due to Lugar's foul attack on Ron Paul.

Payback's a bitch, Dickey!! :mad::mad:

Here's the email:

THE SENATE'S MOST ANTI-GUN REPUBLICAN MEMBER VULNERABLE IN PRIMARY

Happy New Year from all of us at Gun Owners of America

And we would also like to extend best wishes to Indiana State Treasurer Richard Mourdock, who is challenging anti-gun Senator Richard Lugar in next year’s Republican primary.

Dick Lugar is without a doubt the most anti-gun Republican in the U.S. Senate.

He voted in favor of President Obama’s two picks for the Supreme Court -- Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan -- who deny the existence of an individual right to bear arms.

Lugar voted against repealing the gun bans in national parks and in Washington D.C.

He voted in favor of waiting periods for handgun purchases and he supports banning many semi-automatic firearms.

And Lugar was the only Republican Senator to refuse to sign a letter opposing a massive UN small arms treaty.

As you can imagine, Dick Lugar is one of the anti-gunners’ best friends in the Senate.

Gun Owners for Mourdock

Richard Mourdock is a 100% gun rights supporter who will come to Washington to protect and defend the Second Amendment rights of all Americans.

Mourdock, a licensed pilot who was successful in the private sector for over 30 years before running for office, understands that gun ownership is a fundamental, individual liberty that must be safeguarded in a free society.

I encourage all gun owners and sportsmen to stand with Richard Mourdock in this important primary election. We also want to show Lugar and his Washington cronies that Richard Mourdock has the support of grassroots gun owners.

So please make the most generous contribution you can by clicking here. A strong finish in 2011 will help to give Richard Mourdock momentum heading into the May primary.

Thank you for your support of GOA , and for your support of Richard Mourdock. Together we can defeat the most anti-gun Republican Senator in Washington .

Sincerely,

Tim Macy
Vice Chairman

P.S. The year end campaign finance reports are an important marker for candidates, so thank you for considering a contribution before the New Year. Also, “like” Richard on Facebook and thank him for his support of the Second Amendment.