PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul's MLK Day Money Bomb Jan 16th

qwerty
12-26-2011, 01:06 PM
http://www.facebook.com/events/344950455518835/

Naraku
12-26-2011, 01:42 PM
It should be called "Restore the Dream" or something like that.

qwerty
12-26-2011, 02:33 PM
INVITE FRIENDS! THIS IS GREAT COUNTER-ATTACK AGAINST THE MSM! :)

sailingaway
12-26-2011, 02:43 PM
I'm really against this. There was one for him in 2008 already. It will just keep the meme alive. I really think we should do a pro civil liberties one, against indefinite detention and the Patriot Act and the TSA etc. Give people reason to be excited about RON PAUL.

PauliticsPolitics
12-26-2011, 02:47 PM
Yep, an MLK money bomb will just look like pandering, and it will just give the media an excuse to continue the smears in regard to MLK.
I do not personally see this as a good route.
Regardless, the next money bomb will be Jan 3-5, celebrating a top finish in Iowa, funding the New Hampshire push.

Michigan11
12-26-2011, 02:52 PM
I'm really against this. There was one for him in 2008 already. It will just keep the meme alive. I really think we should do a pro civil liberties one, against indefinite detention and the Patriot Act and the TSA etc. Give people reason to be excited about RON PAUL.

Agreed. If anything a moneybomb against the TSA, and the others you listed would be brilliant in my opinion.

opinionatedfool
12-26-2011, 02:53 PM
For awhile I thought this was a good idea, but don't anymore. If we do this, we will be bringing up this issue everytime we post the name of it or tell someone about it. Bad idea. Set up a poll and see how many people agree. I doubt it will be very many.

Sailingaway maybe you could set up since you have such good rep on here?

opinionatedfool
12-26-2011, 02:54 PM
We should do a moneybomb on nh vote day or something

bluesc
12-26-2011, 02:57 PM
Terrible idea.

A moneybomb on the day of the Iowa caucuses with the ticker staying up for the next couple of days is much better.

opinionatedfool
12-26-2011, 02:57 PM

We should forget about the msm. They haven't done much to help us so far and probably won't. Let's keep usin the stuff that works... phone banks, the web, social networks, word of mouth, etc.

bluesc
12-26-2011, 02:59 PM

God, please stop with the CAPS.

This won't counter the MSM, instead it will give them something to cover and extend the racist BS. Ignore media smears, don't react to them.

agorist ninja
12-26-2011, 03:01 PM
Do not like this at all. Will come off as pandering, even though well-intentioned.

Was hoping for something along the lines of sailingaway's 'Something's Happening Here" moneybomb. A MB about the NDAA, Patriot Act, TSA, militarization of the police, etc. Something with broad appeal dealing with the most glaring attacks on civil liberties today.

The MLK theme is missing the mark. And let's not forget, as mentioned up-thread, there already was an MLK moneybomb during the last campaign.

agorist ninja
12-26-2011, 03:02 PM
I don't like it either. The blacks think they "own" MLK and why not leave it at that?
Uh, that is a pretty dumb thing to say.

Mckarnin
12-26-2011, 03:04 PM
I too would prefer something more educational, related to the TSA, NDAA, etc... No need to kiss butt over the racist accusations which are in no way backed up by Ron Paul's actions in his many years in office.

Romulus
12-26-2011, 03:07 PM

Yep, an MLK money bomb will just look like pandering, and it will just give the media an excuse to continue the smears in regard to MLK.
I do not personally see this as a good route.
Regardless, the next money bomb will be Jan 3-5, celebrating a top finish in Iowa, funding the New Hampshire push.

I agree with both of you.

danbeaulieu
12-26-2011, 03:08 PM

agreed

agorist ninja
Any way to put the brakes on this?

neverseen
Lame bomb idea. There were 3 other threads the past 2 days that had GREAT money bomb ideas. Find them, and then change the name away from MLK to one of the names in the other bombs. Also, make it from Friday to Sunday. Not monday. Bombs are only working over 3 day Fri-Mon weekends this years.

Paulatized
12-26-2011, 03:13 PM
I agree, with sailing. There are people who would see it as disrespectful instead of "in honor of."

Jan 3rd would be a day when all eyes are on the election and Ron Paul, it would be a great time to capitalize on the attention maybe a restoring freedom or civil liberties theme would be appropriate.

agorist ninja
12-26-2011, 03:15 PM
qwerty, seriously, you've gotta reconsider this one.

vechorik
12-26-2011, 03:17 PM

agreed -- even if I'm called "dumb" for saying so!

sailingaway
12-26-2011, 03:18 PM
Any way to put the brakes on this?

I'll bump the other thread on the 'something happening here' money bomb. Maybe it will spin into something else, I don't have any particular stake in it, I just thought that was an uplifting topic that showcases Ron. If people want to shift money bomb talk there, it will keep that thread, not this one, bumped.

agorist ninja
12-26-2011, 03:19 PM
agreed -- even if I'm called "dumb" for saying so!
Well, disagreeing with the theme wasn't what I was referring to in your other post. But that's besides the point.

Anyway, let's move to the other thread.

Lavitz
12-26-2011, 03:30 PM

I agree with this, the only problem would be finding a date that relates to the theme. I already expect January 3rd-4th to be a de facto moneybomb if Ron wins Iowa, so I think it should come at least a few weeks after that to give people time to recharge. The best date I can find so far is January 24th, the day the Dept. of Homeland Security began operations. Any other ideas?

Paulitics 2011
12-26-2011, 03:31 PM
1. We already have a moneybomb post Iowa or NH if we win. One a month is already stretching it, two is just over the top.
2. This is going to look like pandering, and extend the media coverage of it even more.

Of course, from what I've seen in other threads, qwerty, you don't seem to care whether grassroots actions will actually hurt us more than help, you just want to do something. Unfortunately, in real life, it's not just the effort that counts.

vechorik
12-26-2011, 04:06 PM
I agree with this, the only problem would be finding a date that relates to the theme. I already expect January 3rd-4th to be a de facto moneybomb if Ron wins Iowa, so I think it should come at least a few weeks after that to give people time to recharge. The best date I can find so far is January 24th, the day the Dept. of Homeland Security began operations. Any other ideas?

THAT might be good -- tie to freedom, liberty, TSA and such -- tie to civil liberties and still could use MLK a bit

Naraku
12-26-2011, 06:36 PM
Pandering? What bullshit. We did this once before and it was being talked about well before this newsletter garbage got trotted out. The media can rattle on about this and that, but who the hell cares? Are we really going to allow the media to dictate when we have a moneybomb? Paul has regularly praised King, King was a major figure standing up for liberty and civil rights, he was a prominent anti-war voice and strongly believed in the principle of non-violence. His "I Have a Dream" speech is one of the most inspirational speeches in American history about bridging all the divides in American society and treating people as individuals. I like the idea because the message he had is so much like Paul's. Mentioning the TSA and all those other things would certainly add to the message.

If they say "You're just pandering to blacks" our response should be "WE admire King for supporting civil liberties! Why are you making it about his race?"

Also, the date matches up nicely as it would be about a week before the South Carolina primary.

Muwahid
12-26-2011, 07:00 PM
I'm not for this either... a money bomb in protest of this NDAA (and PATRIOT, and TSA, etc) would be great. Everyones mad about that.

SpiritOf1776_J4
12-26-2011, 07:13 PM
http://www.facebook.com/events/344950455518835/

I don't like MLK either. Why should I wring my hands because MLK was an apostate Christian who did a lot of bad things which he actually did, but which I am suppose to not mention? This isn't a counter attack against the media, it's doing exactly what they want.

It keeps it in the air longer, and it has people accepting as "guilt" what is illogic. IE you're helping to hurt people.

It is not true that because a person is of a certain race, if you dislike something about that person, it means that you dislike the race.

That is illogic. Let me repeat, that funny feeling you are feeling in your head is illogic, not rationally based on something you did wrong.

Was Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
A Christian?
Keywords: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., civil rights, Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr.

Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you!
for so did their fathers to the false prophets.
Luke 6:26
***PREFACE***
Given the subject of this article--Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.--there is something that I want to establish here. I'm Black and there are some things that I'm glad about as a Black person. I'm glad that I don't have to sit in the back of the bus when I choose to ride one. I'm glad that I was able to attend the University of my choice. I'm glad that my husband can work in a good career. I'm glad that when we stay at a hotel we don't have to enter through the back door. I'm glad that we can eat at whatever restaurant we want to and that we don't have to stand in the kitchen to eat our food. I'm glad that I don't have to look for a "colored" sign when I need to relieve myself or when I want a drink of water. I'M GLAD ABOUT THESE THINGS. Martin Luther King, Jr. had a part in bringing these things about.

BUT

I am not defined by my color (though there are those that would choose to define me so). I am defined by Who my Father is. I have repented of my sins and I have believed in the death, burial, and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. I have been saved by the blood of Jesus and I am a child of God. THAT is who I am. I serve the ONLY wise God and Saviour Jesus Christ. I don't serve myself anymore. My life is all about Jesus. It wasn't always, but it is now. If there be any good thing that springs forth from my life it comes from Jesus Christ my Sinbearer, my Saviour, and my Master.
rest of article at http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/king.htm

SpiritOf1776_J4
12-26-2011, 07:17 PM
I'm not for this either... a money bomb in protest of this NDAA (and PATRIOT, and TSA, etc) would be great. Everyones mad about that.

And this I would support. They tried to promote this last election cycle too. This is just bad advice, it did nothing helpful, and wasnt' suppose to. How many idolatrous money bombs are we suppose to have towards a person who actually did all those other horrible things. Getting rid of Jim Crow laws was a good thing, but that doesn't mean I have to pretend that other things aren't true.

SpiritOf1776_J4
12-26-2011, 07:18 PM
I'll bump the other thread on the 'something happening here' money bomb. Maybe it will spin into something else, I don't have any particular stake in it, I just thought that was an uplifting topic that showcases Ron. If people want to shift money bomb talk there, it will keep that thread, not this one, bumped.

Good idea.

paleoguy
12-26-2011, 07:18 PM
Bow down and kiss the ring of political correctness? No thanks, I'll hold off on my donations if this where my money is going. Crap like MLK worship this got us where we are today.

This should be in Hot Topics so we stop throwing cold water on the movement.

qwerty
12-27-2011, 01:34 AM
and how is this my idea ?

i support every moneybomb for Ron cause they simply raise more money for the campaign...

The people will decide not few individuals here on the forums.

And btw there are few individuals who´s posts i never read like you bluesc so stop wasting your time on posting to my topics. i don´t care about ANY word coming out of your mouth! :D

Austrian Econ Disciple
12-27-2011, 01:56 AM
MLK...pffft. Let's have a Moorfield Storey moneybomb!

nasaal
12-27-2011, 03:22 AM
Changing the name of it now will just give ammunition against Ron Paul supporters. Especially if threads like this are being looked at as fuel. Will just look like the racist Ron Paul supporters got him to change it from MLK day. Nothing racist about it, but that is how it would end.

kah13176
12-27-2011, 03:39 AM
I'm heavily against this. It will only give the media more excuses to talk about the newsletters, and it makes us look like we're desperate and pandering. This was my suggestion from another thread:

Let's choose a random day. Fridays are good because people get paid, so what about the 2nd or 3rd Friday in January? Call it the "Civil Disobedience Moneybomb" and somehow evoke Parks and MLK. We're disobeying the establishment and fighting for the liberty of all Americans, just like they did in previous generations.

For example, we could say we're perpetuating a tradition started by Gandhi, MLK, Susan B. Anthony, Rosa Parks, and Henry David Thoreau.