PDA

View Full Version : Got called by Zogby pollsters an hour ago

ClampIt
11-08-2007, 05:31 PM
Received a callback from Zogby International. Apparently, I filled out an online poll of theirs a while back, where I indicated that I supported Ron Paul for president. There were also some matchups from other candidates versus Hillary on that poll, but no more Ron Paul. I really don't like Giuliani, so I actually picked Hillary Clinton over Rudy Giuliani in the online matchup poll. :)

I can't remember the details of the poll, but it had consumer questions as well as political ones. They were calling me to "verify" the poll and follow up with some questions.

Throughout the interview, the interviewer, a young woman, did not mention Paul's name, even at the outset, although they must have known that I was a Paul supporter since I indicated so on the poll.

Here are my notes:

Can you verify your age?

I verified that I was 65 years old.

You would characterize yourself as a strong Republican, is that correct?

I said I was a "strong Republican".

Can I confirm that you don't support Giuliani?

Certainly.

Then she asked me a bunch of questions about whether I would use "promotion codes" with purchases online. I basically said that I thought that promotion codes and rebates were stupid and that the retailers should just cut the prices and stop this sort of nonsense.

Later, she asked me to clarify about why I wouldn't support Giuliani. I said that Giuliani had a poor character, carried too much embarrassing political baggage, and would be an embarrassment as President of the United States. She asked me to elaborate about the "embarrassing political baggage", but I refused, saying that I don't like to say negative things about people.

The other question was about religion. She wanted to confirm that I said I was a Catholic, but didn't regularly attend Church, and didn't pray. She questioned me about this, and I said that I graduated from a parochial Catholic high school and that I was married in a Catholic church, and that I admire the universality of Catholicism, but that the rest of it speaks for itself. She was satisfied by this answer.

Why would you vote for Hillary Clinton over Giuliani?

I said that both Hillary Clinton and Rudy Giuliani were intelligent and articulate, but that Giuliani was of the type that should never be elected to any political office, that he can't be trusted because he likes to punish people, and that his political baggage would be embarrassing. I said that Hillary Clinton was probably even smarter than Giuliani, but that she just didn't seem like she had any political principles whatsoever.

The interviewer didn't mention the names of any candidates other than Clinton and Giuliani.

I suspect that I was called because I self-identified as a Catholic, 65 years old and a strong Republican (Giuliani's base), but I said that I would vote for Hillary over Giuliani. I would, too.

Mandrik
11-08-2007, 05:33 PM
Fifty bucks says you get a shipment of Kool-Aid in the mail by the end of the week. My advice is to not drink it. Don't dump it out on the grass either, unless you like dead spots on your lawn.

mavtek
11-08-2007, 05:34 PM
I'd vote for her over the Ghoul too!

shepburn
11-08-2007, 05:36 PM
Fifty bucks says you get a shipment of Kool-Aid in the mail by the end of the week. My advice is to not drink it. Don't dump it out on the grass either, unless you like dead spots on your lawn.

haha don't drink the ghoul-aid

hard@work
11-08-2007, 05:54 PM
haha don't drink the ghoul-aid

win.

A Ron Paul Rebel
11-09-2007, 07:44 AM
write in Ron Paul

DealzOnWheelz
11-09-2007, 07:48 AM
lol

see

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=34451

Spirit of '76
11-09-2007, 12:09 PM
I got one of those calls last night.

They just verified my age and asked me to verify how I answered a couple of questions, including the one about coupon codes.

Perhaps they're calling anyone who indicated they'd vote for Ron just to make sure we really exist. :cool:

parke
11-09-2007, 12:12 PM
I wont vote for Hillary. Rudy. Mitt. Bocephus. Billy Ray Cyruss.

Ill vote for Ron Paul. Period.

ButchHowdy
11-09-2007, 12:14 PM
I got an e-mail from Zogby. I'll have to check it out.

RonPaulStreetTeam
11-09-2007, 12:47 PM
I will not vote for either.

I'll simply go back to my status of NEVER voted because we NEVER had an option.

I do think the people in charge are going to put her in office though.
two parties, one agenda, same people in charge of both,.
dont forget.