PDA

View Full Version : How to Feed Ron Paul to your Family this Thanksgiving

ronpaulfan
11-08-2007, 05:29 PM
So, you’re a diehard Ron Paul supporter right? Wouldn’t it be nice to have a day where you could gather your entire family in one place and tell them about Ron Paul? :)

You’re in luck! Thanksgiving is on Thursday November 22nd and your entire family will be there! What better time to tell them about Ron Paul and the success of November 5th! You could even show them V for Vendetta to explain its significance ;)

There are many approaches to take; you probably know the best one for your family. Just make sure you don’t shove Ron Paul down anyone’s throat! You can present Ron Paul’s platform, show them your favorite YouTube video and answer any questions they have! Don't get into raging fights with your crazy Giuliani supporting uncle at the dinner table!

Also, make sure you have enough Slim Jims and/or Liberty cards! If not, order Slim Jims ASAP so you’ll have them by the 22nd! http://www.ronpaul2008store.com/servlet/Categories?category=Slim+Jims

Be prepared! Thanksgiving is only 2 weeks away! :eek:

*scroll down for information about the "Ron Paul" cake*

TechnoGuyRob
11-08-2007, 05:39 PM
Bump. Amazing idea!

Rocket80
11-08-2007, 06:15 PM
I've been anxious about the right way to go about this for days now. I don't want to anger people or, god forbid, bore them during their holiday...so I'm still looking for the right approach. I might just start playing the ron paul dvd downstairs and hope people stumble in...haha

constituent
11-08-2007, 06:17 PM
seriously though, don't do it around the table.

don't drop typical protocol to talk about politics around dinner,
seriously it'll blow up in your face.

ronpaulfan
11-08-2007, 09:16 PM
Here is an idea: Bring a dish to Thanksgiving dinner.....like a cake.....and use icing to write Ron Paul's name really big on the cake :D

Edit: This would be a great way to startup conversation about Ron Paul and ingrain his name into everyone's minds. You won't even have to bring him up, people will be saying "Who is Ron Paul?" all night.

Richie
11-08-2007, 09:16 PM
My Dad already had this idea! http://www.tellyourparentsaboutronpaul.com

ronpaulfan
11-08-2007, 09:17 PM
Here is an idea: Bring a dish to Thanksgiving dinner.....like a cake.....and use icing to write Ron Paul's name really big on the cake :D

lol, then my thread title would turn out to be literal. LOL

ronpaulfan
11-08-2007, 09:20 PM
lol, then my thread title would turn out to be literal. LOL

Imagine that crazy uncle refusing to eat the cake! LOL

I will so pay someone to do this :D

pcosmar
My family is all on board. We will be discussing Victory.

ladyliberty
We are going to gather round the tv and watch Ronald Reagan's Speech, and then maybe a few episodes of the Twilight Zone such as Obsolete Man, etc. and THEN I will tell them about Ron Paul! :D

http://www.amazon.com/Twilight-Zone-Season-Definitive/dp/B000777IJ2

ronpaulfan
11-08-2007, 11:17 PM
So nobody likes my "Ron Paul Cake" idea? :)

tonyr1988
11-08-2007, 11:51 PM
We are going to gather round the tv and watch Ronald Reagan's Speech, and then maybe a few episodes of the Twilight Zone such as Obsolete Man, etc. and THEN I will tell them about Ron Paul! :D

http://www.amazon.com/Twilight-Zone-Season-Definitive/dp/B000777IJ2

Is the Obsolete Man the one where the librarian is sentenced to death, but gets to choose his exact method and time? If so, I LOVE that one. I actually have it recorded on my Mythbox right now.

ronpaulfan
11-09-2007, 12:00 AM

Edit: This would be a great way to startup conversation about Ron Paul and ingrain his name into everyone's minds. You won't even have to bring him up, people will be saying "Who is Ron Paul?" all night :D

I edited the cake post. The reason for the cake is that it would be a great icebreaker about Ron Paul. People will constantly be asking "Who is Ron Paul?" at the dinner table without you ever having to bring it up. It will also ensure everyone remembers his name. Lastly, it is unusual/clever enough that nobody will take offense at it :)

amonasro
11-09-2007, 12:06 AM
I'm sure I will bring him up at some point. In my family, political talk usually comes up, especially if any alcohol is involved. Most people get pretty interested actually, and they see how excited about him I am.

ronpaulfan
11-09-2007, 08:01 AM
Come on! A cake with "Ron Paul" written on it to break the ice about Ron Paul at Thanksgiving!.....Anyone? :)

ronpaulfan
11-13-2007, 08:39 AM
cake with "Ron Paul" iced into it! :cool:

Gator4Paul
11-13-2007, 08:53 AM
My family unfortunately is full of neo-cons who will follow this war to the end and feel anyone who wants to get out of iraq and not attack iran is a p**** ... They're huge GOULiani supporters and if I bring up Ron Pauls name they bash me down... I'm not looking forward to Thanksgiving :(

Skeeterbug73
11-13-2007, 08:59 AM
Imagine that crazy uncle refusing to eat the cake! LOL

I will so pay someone to do this :D

:D I've already tried to talk to my parents about it. It didn't go very well with my mom but my dad is open to the subject. I am going to corner him and give him a slim jim before dinner to snack on. My sister said she would vote for him just to get me to shut up. I luv her!

ronpaulfan
11-13-2007, 04:11 PM
I will donate $100 to the campaign for every photo of a "Ron Paul" cake!! Anyone else want to see one? :D

Goldwater Conservative
11-13-2007, 05:05 PM
Worst case scenario, I'll offer to cook Thanksgiving dinner if my entire family pledges to support him and allows me to confirm their votes on absentee ballots. :)

That may sound cheap, but I think some of them are leaning Giuliani, and that's the level of commitment people have to that guy's campaign. Paul supporters would generally laugh in my face if I made the same suggestion to them.

aroberso
11-13-2007, 05:16 PM
I will donate $100 to the campaign for every photo of a "Ron Paul" cake!! Anyone else want to see one? :D

I might take you up on that!

craezie
11-13-2007, 05:39 PM
Worst case scenario, I'll offer to cook Thanksgiving dinner if my entire family pledges to support him and allows me to confirm their votes on absentee ballots. :)

That may sound cheap, but I think some of them are leaning Giuliani, and that's the level of commitment people have to that guy's campaign. Paul supporters would generally laugh in my face if I made the same suggestion to them.

Haha, I would eat spam for Thanksgiving before allowing someone to buy my vote! But whatever works to get a vote -- if people are wishy-washy anyway, why not just wash our way!

maxmerkel
11-13-2007, 06:00 PM
a lot of amazing ideas in this thread :D

ronpaulfan
11-14-2007, 04:34 PM
I'll be bumpin this till I see a Ron Paul cake! :eek:

I'd make one myself if I knew how to bake a cake :cool:

jpinkerton
11-14-2007, 04:42 PM
A few local grocery stores will take a photo you give them and make it the frosting on top of the cake. You don't get the photo back, and you can eat the cake + picture.

THAT would be feeding Ron Paul to your family ;)

LJHudd
11-14-2007, 04:59 PM
My family unfortunately is full of neo-cons who will follow this war to the end and feel anyone who wants to get out of iraq and not attack iran is a p**** ... They're huge GOULiani supporters and if I bring up Ron Pauls name they bash me down... I'm not looking forward to Thanksgiving :(Awww sorry - you can come to our house for Thanksgiving :)

ronpaulfan
11-20-2007, 11:07 PM
darn. Still no Ron Paul cake picture :(

Matt Collins
11-26-2009, 05:35 PM
Bump... sorry I hope I'm not too late.

Of course this year we are not talking about Ron Paul as much as the ideals that Ron Paul represents.