PDA

View Full Version : Is putting "for Pon Paul" in my email account name too corny?

flybeech
12-26-2011, 09:09 AM
Now, whenever somebody gets an email from me, it is from "(my name) for Ron Paul".

That isn't being too corny, is it?

PauliticsPolitics
12-26-2011, 09:12 AM
As long as you spell Ron Paul correctly, I think it's a fine idea.

PastaRocket848
12-26-2011, 09:15 AM
It's a little over-the-top, but as they say, "extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice!".

flybeech
12-26-2011, 09:17 AM
Yikes! I spelled Ron Paul wrong toady!

silk30
12-26-2011, 09:25 AM
I don't think so, not at all. My xbox360 gamertag is RonPaulCOTC..or RonPaulChampionoftheConstitution. I've gotten to the point where I no longer care if I'm seen as corny, cultish, extremist, radical, or corny. I want this country back on track, I want everyone's liberties back, so that means I want the constitution and therefore RP. Hell, I might create a new email account just so I can have RonPaul displaying proudly. Rock on bud! OURPLAN = RONPAUL :)

Gage
12-26-2011, 09:38 AM
Pon Paul 2012!

steph3n
12-26-2011, 09:42 AM
Pawn Paul is Paul Ryan.

trey4sports
12-26-2011, 09:44 AM
I'll have to check out this Pon Paul fellow.

james1906
12-26-2011, 09:44 AM
Prawn Paul 2012
http://www.sustainablesushi.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/shrimp-farmed.jpg

steph3n
12-26-2011, 09:45 AM
Prawn Paul 2012

that prawn is too small, could you maybe find one LARGER?

flybeech
12-26-2011, 09:53 AM
As long as you spell Ron Paul correctly, I think it's a fine idea.

At least I manged to spell his name correctly in my email accounts. :o

coastie
12-26-2011, 10:12 AM
If you will be using the email account for any kind of business, then no, I would not do it, in those instances that would be quite tacky.

I would not even take you seriously if you were a potential hire, client, etc-and I support the man.

flybeech
12-26-2011, 10:15 AM
If you will be using the email account for any kind of business, then no, I would not do it, in those instances that would be quite tacky.

Well, I do use my email for business, but I sell rare aircraft parts, so I'm sorta the only game in town. :)

coastie
12-26-2011, 10:19 AM
Well, I do use my email for business, but I sell rare aircraft parts, so I'm sorta the only game in town. :)

That's different, as you have a (relatively) small market/clients.

It just comes across as unprofessional to me, like alG0rian@...or Bu$hthaMuzlimK1lla@...

Hmmm^ I dont know why that highlighted as a link, maybe a real email address, lmao

steph3n
12-26-2011, 10:24 AM

so you are my source for beechcraft parts when I need to repair my 1900D?

Gage
12-26-2011, 10:30 AM
http://i.imgur.com/1N8ca.png

PauliticsPolitics
12-26-2011, 10:35 AM
http://i.imgur.com/1N8ca.png
Might be better if it read:
PON PAUL - PESTOPE AMEPICA NOW

That's one way to get rid of the "R" problem.

Kluge
12-26-2011, 10:35 AM
that prawn is too small, could you maybe find one LARGER?
Fixed.
http://images.wikia.com/prawnhub/images/9/98/Penaeus_monodon.jpg

And yes, it is, unless you never use the email address to talk to people who aren't familiar with you.

steph3n
12-26-2011, 10:40 AM
Fixed.

And yes, it is, unless you never use the email address to talk to people who aren't familiar with you.

What is it with you two and your shrimpy sized prawns!

http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp243/Leephan79/Cooking/Szchuan%20Broiled%20Prawns/IMG_6676.jpg

flybeech
12-26-2011, 11:16 AM
Might be better if it read:
PON PAUL - PESTOPE AMEPICA NOW

That's one way to get rid of the "R" problem.

I'll do that TOADY!

flybeech
12-26-2011, 11:20 AM
so you are my source for beechcraft parts when I need to repair my 1900D?

I can cover parts for the Executive Beechcrafts, but if you need any phase inspections, structural repairs, flight controls or mods on your Airliner, gimme a call TOADY! :toady:

sailingaway
12-26-2011, 11:24 AM
The only thing is if you ever EVER plan to use your email to let your hair down and be politically incorrect or trash someone. Because if you do, it will be an email 'from a Ron Paul supporter'. Unless you planned on only using that email for Ron Paul supporter stuff, you might want to think twice about that, but obviously it is your email.

flybeech
12-26-2011, 11:34 AM
The only thing is if you ever EVER plan to use your email to let your hair down and be politically incorrect or trash someone. Because if you do, it will be an email 'from a Ron Paul supporter'. Unless you planned on only using that email for Ron Paul supporter stuff, you might want to think twice about that, but obviously it is your email.

I avoid trashing anyone and never do from my email. Most of my correspondence is pretty boring.

Jeremy
12-26-2011, 11:38 AM
I don't think so, not at all. My xbox360 gamertag is RonPaulCOTC..or RonPaulChampionoftheConstitution. I've gotten to the point where I no longer care if I'm seen as corny, cultish, extremist, radical, or corny. I want this country back on track, I want everyone's liberties back, so that means I want the constitution and therefore RP. Hell, I might create a new email account just so I can have RonPaul displaying proudly. Rock on bud! OURPLAN = RONPAUL :)A gamer tag is not the same as an email address. I wouldn't include anything about politics in your email address.

The Free Hornet
12-26-2011, 11:39 AM
If you have gmail, you can use "+" addressing to support Pon Paul. E.g.,

jbenton+pon_paul4president@gmail.com.

The real address is "jbenton@gmail.com", the "+(anything)" is a valid email address that redirects to the main one.

The "plus" method of addressing lets you add additional words to your account name (the "left side" of your email address.) For example, if your email address is "amitshahc@gmail.com", you could add "+office" when you give your email address to members of a club to which you belong. So, your email address would now be "amitshahc+office@gmail.com". But why would you want to do this? Think of the "plus" word as an extra "keyword" or "tag" that you can use to better manage your messages. source (http://www.toolnext.com/2008/04/gmail-how-to-use-plus-sign-for.html)

Best of all, your coworkers or potential employers do not need to see this and all your email still goes to the same account.**

Sorry to not be posting pictures of prawns. I ate too many cocktail shrimp this weekend.

** And if they background check you and discover your Ron Paul leanings, I think most private sector employers would get a woody over this (and you weren't "in your face" about it). If you are in public education or the defense industry, not so much.

silk30
12-26-2011, 11:46 AM
A gamer tag is not the same as an email address. I wouldn't include anything about politics in your email address.

Meh, that depends on what you normally use your email for. If it is for business or if you normally engage in hateful speech/writings, then you probably would not want anything political in the email addy. Otherwise, I do not see a problem with it at all.

flybeech
12-26-2011, 12:32 PM
I never write anything anywhere that My 12 year old daughter couldn't read. Hateful speech or vulgarities are things I avoid.

Meh, that depends on what you normally use your email for. If it is for business or if you normally engage in hateful speech/writings, then you probably would not want anything political in the email addy. Otherwise, I do not see a problem with it at all.