PDA

View Full Version : Video Explaing Ron Paul's Vote on Rosa Parks (The Current day Davy Crockett Vote)

V4Vendetta
11-08-2007, 05:23 PM
Video Explaing Ron Paul's Vote on Rosa Parks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubfhcAiDjEI

Davy Crockett Did the same thing

It was Davy Crockett's adherence to the Constitutional limits of government that led to one of his most famous speeches, "Not Yours to Give." Congress was considering a bill to provide financial assistance to the widow of a distinguished naval officer. The bill was headed for easy passage, until Colonel Crockett voiced his objections.

I will not go into an argument to prove that Congress has not the power to appropriate this money as an act of charity. Every member on this floor knows it.

We have the right, as individuals, to give away as much of our own money as we please in charity; but as members of Congress we have no right so to appropriate a dollar of the public money....

We have not the semblance of authority to appropriate it as a charity. Mr. Speaker, I have said we have the right to give as much of our own money as we please. I am the poorest man on this floor. I cannot vote for this bill, but I will give one week's pay to the object, and if every member of Congress will do the same, it will amount to more than the bill asks.

Congressmen in the 1820's apparently had a clearer understanding of the Constitution than those today, and the measure was defeated following Crockett's speech. They weren't entirely different from the politicians we know from our day, however, as Davy Crockett explained to his supporters back home:

There are in that House many very wealthy men – men who think nothing of spending a week's pay, or a dozen of them for a dinner or a wine party when they have something to accomplish by it.... Yet not one of them responded to my proposition. Money with them is nothing but trash when it is to come out of the people. But it is the one great thing for which most of them are striving, and many of them sacrifice honor, integrity, and justice to obtain it.

http://paul4prez.blogspot.com/2007/09/ron-paul-and-davy-crockett.html

kylejack
11-08-2007, 05:25 PM
Voters in Tennessee voted Davy out of office for not serving up the pork they wanted. He was quoted to say as he left: "You may all go to hell. I'm going to Texas." Seriously.

Mandrik
11-08-2007, 05:31 PM
Voters in Tennessee voted Davy out of office for not serving up the pork they wanted. He was quoted to say as he left: "You may all go to hell. I'm going to Texas." Seriously.

That's freaking awesome.

V4Vendetta
11-08-2007, 05:33 PM

I know the story well... As I live in Texas and know the story of the Alamo, Battle at San Jacinto, And General & President Sam Houston

andrewgreve
11-08-2007, 05:35 PM
Ron explained this on CNN today. Here are two headlines you can make from the Blitzer interview on the subject:

"Ron Paul to Congress: Let's Use Our Own Money for Parks Award"

"Congress to Paul: We're Rather Spend the Taxpayers' Money"

itsnobody
11-08-2007, 05:36 PM
Man Ron Paul is so smart...$100 from each of the Representatives who voted "Yes" would've paid for it without taxing the citizens, great for the economy too..

andrewgreve
11-08-2007, 05:37 PM
Man Ron Paul is so smart...$100 from each of the Representatives who voted "Yes" would've paid for it without taxing the citizens, great for the economy too..

Maybe not, given the price of gold these days ;)

itsnobody
11-08-2007, 05:41 PM
Maybe not, given the price of gold these days ;)

Maybe not, but it's still a MUCH smarter solution, I mean MUCH smarter

V4Vendetta
11-08-2007, 06:35 PM
I only wish he would have brought the Davy Crockett speech "Not Yours To Give!" up.

LibertyEagle
11-08-2007, 06:55 PM
I only wish he would have brought the Davy Crockett speech "Not Yours To Give!" up.

Yes, that would have been great. I would have loved for people to go read that.

LinearChaos
11-08-2007, 07:34 PM
King of the Wild Frontier.

Seanmc30
11-08-2007, 07:39 PM
I saw this interview today...RP answers tough questions better than anyone I have ever seen. I guess that is a benefit of never having waivered his view in the last 20 years...there arent any lies to keep up with!

No sly political jargon, just "Yes I did...This is why...(holds up copy of constitution)" Case closed.

V4Vendetta
11-08-2007, 10:55 PM
Bump

Bradley in DC
11-08-2007, 11:08 PM
Yeah, I was able to write this one actually--the staffers used to compete...

http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/congrec99/cr042099.htm

V4Vendetta
11-09-2007, 02:35 AM
Yeah, I was able to write this one actually--the staffers used to compete...

http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/congrec99/cr042099.htm

cool, nice to meet a former Ron Paul staffer....

I hope you or any of the other staffers or pages for Ron Paul didn't attend those Gay homosexual Orgy's!

(larry craig comes to mind)

V4Vendetta
11-09-2007, 03:43 PM
Bump