PDA

View Full Version : Watch the Vote 2012 - Iowa Caucus

justatrey
12-25-2011, 11:18 PM
This video explain how votes were stolen in Iowa from Buchanan in 96, and what can be done prevent it from happening again. I hope the campaign also has plans to verify the results?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl4NDDBXSZA

pacelli
12-25-2011, 11:47 PM
bump...

Every single person that will be in the state of Iowa needs to watch AT LEAST the first 5 minutes.

The information starts coming at 2 minutes in..... check it out please.

All Ways
12-25-2011, 11:52 PM
Bump...

robertwerden
12-25-2011, 11:55 PM
This is super important. Repost this on every video site on the internet as many times as you can. Put it on facebook and if you get interviewed on the radio or tv talk about it. Make sure the ptb know we are watching.

eleganz
12-25-2011, 11:58 PM
What is the update on volunteers for 'watch the vote'? do they have enough?

If we don't live in Iowa and want to help 'watch the vote' in our own state (for me its California, how do we get access?) I'll probably be making calls the week prior to the California elections warning them that 'we'll be watching' but I want to be there to help make sure NOTHING shady happens.

eleganz
12-26-2011, 12:07 AM
Screw this, I'm going to Nevada to volunteer as a vote monitor among other things, we can't let these fools get away with this crap.

parocks
12-26-2011, 12:15 AM
take a look at stump for paul - what rp2012.org is doing

I'm in agreement with this but I'd argue that this shouldn't be priority number 1 on caucus day.

at least I have a slight quarrel with the idea that they know where you should be going on caucus day. You should be going to where the official campaign wants you to go on caucus day. After that, go where rp2012.org wants you to go, with stump for paul.

Stump for Paul wants out of state ron paul supporters to cover every precinct. Which, if it works, will achieve the objectives of Watch the vote.

Watch the vote should be talking to Stump for Paul. Stump for Paul seems to be working with the Paul campaign to get every precinct covered. Stump for Paul should simply say "so what is that you want people to do exactly?" And Watch will tell Stump that they want the Stumpers to stick around until the end, and report back to the facebook page the tallies from the precincts. Sounds fairly simple.

I would add that we should be sending that data out all over the place. Local media tends to like to print local results. So, if you're in Dubuque, you'll want to get the data to the Dubuque media. The possibilities are endless about where the data can be sent. It's great that Watch the Vote is on top of this. But they might be just one of any number of places where data are going.

Take Video
Take Pictures

Upload the video to Youtube. And twitter and your facebook and anywhere else you feel like it.

A mass of data spread out all over the place will likely contain a "smoking gun" if someone, somewhere, tries to fix something.

So, I would say it's important that a Ron Paul person is at every precinct. 1) Giving a rousing pro Ron Paul speech, then 2) taking video and / or pictures of the proceedings to the watch Facebook and whereever else you think it might be useful.

parocks
12-26-2011, 01:20 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Spy-Hidden-Camera-Gum-DVR-Recorder-Webcam-6-Months-Warranty-Chrismas-Gift-/130617188337?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e69641ff1

good little video cameras for less than $20

Feelgood
12-26-2011, 02:24 AM
We need people in each class taking a pic of the blackboard numbers as proof.

CableNewsJunkie
12-26-2011, 03:35 AM
We should be alerting meetup groups, YAL, and CFL chapters in Iowa and surrounding states that their members will be needed for this effort.

We need (according to that website) 1,784 supporters to cover all the caucuses in Iowa. This is very doable.

parocks
12-26-2011, 03:38 AM
We need people in each class taking a pic of the blackboard numbers as proof.

that would definitely be one of the things to take a picture of. probably the main thing.

All Ways
12-26-2011, 05:15 AM
Bump...This thread should be kept in plain view.

justatrey
12-26-2011, 12:16 PM
bump

CableNewsJunkie
12-26-2011, 02:01 PM
(keep bumped)

justatrey
12-26-2011, 10:54 PM
You can now volunteer to be one of the 99 "county leaders" (aka "computer uploaders") here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/100474493406715/

Remember, you don't have to be in Iowa to be a county leader. Here's the description from the website:

We need volunteers for 99 "Computer Uploaders" -- who can be sitting anywhere in the USA at their computer. One of these individuals will be assigned to each of Iowa's 99 counties. That means each of these 99 "computer uploaders" will have a "vote monitor" (those who volunteer for task #1 above) from each of the 18 local gatherings (on average per county) in that county. The "computer uploader" will then upload the results to his section of this website for the local caucuses in his assigned county, and the results will go up on the internet LIVE in real time.

Dianne
12-26-2011, 11:18 PM
There is no doubt the Governor of Iowa and his GOP henchmen are going to rob. This is a George Soros power play, to prove how the voters and elections can be manipulated in the U.S. to force the people into a dictatorship.

Iowans, don't buy into it !!!!! Vote your heart, and kick anyone out of office who attempts to suppress your vote.

justatrey
12-27-2011, 11:00 PM
bump!

It's good to see they're getting more organized about this now. Looks like there's 60 out of 99 volunteers for county leaders. No idea about the 1700 plus needed for each caucus location. That's what really worries me...

Matt Collins
12-28-2011, 02:27 PM
Ron Paul's Campaign in Iowa is doing excellent! They have plenty of volunteers, and everything is going very well.

If you live in Iowa and want to help out, please call the Ankeny office at: 515-657-6924
(tel:515-657-6924)

IF YOU DON'T LIVE IN IOWA, the best way you can help the Ron Paul effort there is to make phone calls using the Phone-From-Home system (http://phone.ronpaul2012.com/) and by donating (https://secure.ronpaul2012.com/). If you are considering traveling to Iowa to volunteer, Ron asks that you save the time and money you would've used on your trip to Iowa to Phone-From-Home and to donate instead.

Also, Ron asks that you NOT contact the Iowa GOP or attempt to act as an observer for the count on caucus night, as uncoordinated actions hurt our cause more than they help. The Ron Paul Campaign in Iowa has supporters on the IAGOP Central Committee, and it has a plan in place for observing the count. The Campaign is confident in the process, confident in their ability to monitor the election, and confident that the IAGOP will be fair and open. Any statements to the contrary are simply untrue.

The grassroots enthusiasm is appreciated, but the campaign is doing very well with its on-the-ground efforts there. Again, the best way to help Ron Paul is to make phone calls that matter by using the Campaign's Phone-From-Home (http://phone.ronpaul2012.com/) system and to give your most generous contribution (https://secure.ronpaul2012.com/).

InTradePro
12-28-2011, 07:10 PM
Bump