PDA

View Full Version : Thought Bombing. Coordinated Strikes.

thoughtbombing
11-08-2007, 05:22 PM
First post, I'll get to the point.

http://www.thoughtbombing.org

I made my choice and stopped hedging my bets as of 12:38am on November 5th, 2007. Immediately feeling as if I'd been reborn, I made my first serious donation to a campaign--immediately maxing out. Then I ordered as many signs directly as I could, for the sign bomb. Slim Jims, stickers, pins, hats, shirts... having some shirts made.

What else can I do, right?

Then it hits me. I run a label called Thought Bombing Records. Thought Bombing has been around for a long time. Subversive, covert, destructive... THOUGHT BOMBS. Like Money Bombs, only these just create attention and thought, positive.

The First ThoughtBOMB information can be found here:

HTTP://WWW.THOUGHTBOMBING.ORG

First target? New York Times. December 15th. Day before the official BOMB drops, we take out a full page ad in the NY Times, just like GHOULIANI... just like Moveon.org...

the difference, is that we don't attack anyone at all... we don't even include an image...

FULL PAGE. BLANK.

Down towards the bottom of the page it says: (The Beauty of Not Being Sold Anything. RonPaul2008.com)

and then the mandatory "Paid for by Lone Internet Bloggers For Ron Paul"

The irony, of course, in the fact that Lone is singular, and Bloggers being plural... total punch in the face of the MainSTEAM Media. Screw you, Hannity. So here is the deal. Then the bomb drops and it is HISTORIC in size. We hold the media for the entire Weekend... Saturday, Sunday...

And on Monday?

While Ron Paul is counting his new fortune, Monday, we put an ad in the Wall Street Journal.

Now, today when Ron Paul was nailing Bernanke's coffin shut, the Stock Market was literally cheering. We're going to cheer for them in return, by advertising in their paper.

(No New Taxes. No Old Taxes Either. RonPaul2008.com)

Anyone wants to help, can make videos, graphics, donate, paste, spam, advertise, know about legal issues, please, let me know!!!!

http://www.thoughtbombing.org --- The G.O.P. Faces a Ticking Time Bomb situation.

thoughtbombing@thoughtbombing.com

sketch
11-08-2007, 05:56 PM
While I find the idea of a blank full-page ad very intriguing, it's an absolute waste of money. We need to sell the idea of liberty (an idea lost on too many couch potatoes) rather than spend thousands of dollars that won't go toward telling people about Ron Paul's brilliant philosophy. There are plenty better things to catch attenetion on a VERY expensive full-page ad that would be more thought-provoking and worth the money.

Brian Bailey
11-08-2007, 06:04 PM
This is a truly original, well thought out idea. I love the sound of it, and I don't think it should be given short shrift.

Mark Rushmore
11-08-2007, 06:07 PM
Can't think of many better ways to get your ad noticed while still getting a poignant message across. Just not sure which papers would be prime for it.

justinc.1089
11-08-2007, 06:09 PM
If I looked through a magazine and a page was blank, I would think either a mistake was made, or an advertiser didn't pay up at the last second. I wouldn't pay it any attention......

FreeTraveler
11-08-2007, 06:11 PM
How about on the first day's ad, we just put the list of "Ron Paul has never..." bullet points, then down towards the bottom of the page it says: (The Beauty of Not Being Sold Anything. RonPaul2008.com)

The second ad would be as originally proposed.

thoughtbombing
11-08-2007, 06:14 PM
Sketch, it's first and foremost a publicity stunt. As long as they spell his name right, it's over 1 million viewers. Newspaper readers are voters, almost 90 to 1 over Internet users.

Second of all, we're not selling anything. We're just putting the address in there, the day before a Money Bomb. The entire purpose of the ad is to get his name in the headlines the day before the Money Bomb. That way, while he's fresh on people's minds, and while Yahoo and Google searches for Ron Paul are at their highest--every search return will be for the Tea Party website.

That will be the number 1 return on Google/Yahoo/etc... it will take over a week of News and it will cost about 70 grand, overall.

Did you see that crappy campaign video the campaign spent over 400k on? That's money they can't get back. This is funded by us, not them--so there won't be any filing regulations--and it gives the appearance of a serious effort to attack the media for how they treat us.

In either case, thanks for your input. Donations are over 1700 dollars so far, and the site has only been up a few hours... with no real support. At least spread the word. This isn't campaign money, this is our personal money... 800 people give 100 bucks. 8000 people give 10...

The money is really nothing. We made that in about 30 minutes the other day... hell, we made that in 2 hours on the DAY AFTER. This is nothing to raise.

It is important though, the gimmick is, that we aren't for sale, we don't have anything to sell you, we don't wanna give you anything, we don't want anything from them... we're providing them some space to rest their eyes. Like when a family loses a child and they donate a tree in the park... this resting place will be for Ron Paul. You saw those stupid Gravel videos where he throws the rock in the water... cost nothing to make?

4 days of media coverage, and he hasn't raised 500 grand all campaign. Just saying, this will work. If you don't think it will, I suggest eating in a Chipotle resturant and look at the scenery in there... plain. Not glitzy...

I welcome any suggestions for a better ad--but the message stays the same... we're getting attention with the FIRST bomb... THOUGHT... people are thinking about us... they type in the name... BOOM! We're in the money... BOOM!

Then we hit the Wall Street Journal with the first ISSUES ad of the campaign, on taxes... you don't need a picture or symbolism to win on taxes with that crowd :D

Justin, it's not blank completely... it's like Fine print(size 72 font fine print, mind you...) And people would be buying the paper FOR that ad... because it's on the news. And I agree with the bullet points. Check the website and scroll down. Anyone who is better with web design, video's, graphics, etc.. get at me. Let's totally take the Complex out.

ShowMeLiberty
11-08-2007, 06:15 PM
I like the idea, but just to make sure people don't think it is a mistake, I'd put the phrase "The Beauty of Not Being Sold Anything" at the top of the page.

Also, think about taking the "open war against the media" language off your web site. We've gotten a lot of coverage since the 5th and quite a bit of it was positive (especially CNN).

Mav
11-08-2007, 06:22 PM
While I think the idea of a full page newspaper ad is a good idea, you're probably targeting a limited audience of folks who have already contributed the maximum $2300. The last figure I saw noted only 1.6% of Paul donors have "maxed out."

I think the best use of one's first $2300 is to contribute to the official campaign.

I am curious though ... have you done the research to determine how much a full page ad in a major paper costs?

Ozwest
11-08-2007, 06:23 PM
I like the idea, but just to make sure people don't think it is a mistake, I'd put the phrase "The Beauty of Not Being Sold Anything" at the top of the page.

Also, think about taking the "open war against the media" language off your web site. We've gotten a lot of coverage since the 5th and quite a bit of it was positive (especially CNN).

Yes, make it minimalistic, but ensure people don't think it's a mistake. A nice bit of lateral thinking and worth some consideration.

justinc.1089
11-08-2007, 06:27 PM
Ok if you want to do this here is my suggestion, and since I would assume it as a mistake you should probably listen so that you can get an idea of how anyone like me would think lol.

Do like what was suggested, and put the phrase the beauty of not being sold anything or whatever it was at the top of the page. Then put the site at the bottom.

And don't make the print too small. Make it like size 12 or 10 font. If you go with small then put the site and the phrase in the middle of the page, not on the top or bottom. If its small and in the middle it will still be noticed, but if its small and at the top and bottom there is less chance. But if its not real small its better to go with top and bottom I think.

Thats my advice.

thoughtbombing
11-08-2007, 06:42 PM
While I think the idea of a full page newspaper ad is a good idea, you're probably targeting a limited audience of folks who have already contributed the maximum $2300. The last figure I saw noted only 1.6% of Paul donors have "maxed out."

I think the best use of one's first $2300 is to contribute to the official campaign.

I am curious though ... have you done the research to determine how much a full page ad in a major paper costs?

If you saw the General BETRAYUS ad, it was very controversial because Moveon.org only paid 64k for the ad, which is the rate that STANDBY, Non Issue ads get... .which means you have no idea when it will run that week.

They paid the rate for that service, but picked the day it ran(costs 140k to pick the day/time normally)

Giuliani countered with his own ad, and demanded the same rate, lest he sue for campaign finance etc... well, we take the same action. Demand they give us the same rate, or it becomes a story in every OTHER paper in the country when we sue the times. I bet the ACLU would LOVE to sue the New York Times, eh?

I'm already maxed out, so I've donated 500 to this already. Once people start donating more, I'll donate more as well. For every thousand donated, I'll personally donate another 100 dollars from my savings. Again, this is really a draft... the concept is minimal though. honestly, the only important thing is to get attention... I like the concept of spending the money on our own, etc...

surely Ron needs your money first--but the cost of the server is already paid for by me and the domains are like 5 bucks, ya know... no sweat.

Will remove the media war propaganda... anyone that can/will donate to this, even 10 dollars will help. There is no limit on this, unlike campaign finance laws--you can donate as much as you want.

And to be clear... EVERY SINGLE PENNY will be spent on this campaign, one way or another. Any leftover money will be spent on Get Out the vote efforts, donated to RonPaulRadio, this site, etc... to cover expenses... buying materials to send to swing states and meetup groups... talking real deal fundraising. They gave us the message, now let the market decide how to get it out.

Hello Market.

Roxi
11-08-2007, 06:56 PM
^thread shows ronpaul's campaign strongest in race

thoughtbombing
11-08-2007, 07:58 PM

I don't follow sorry, I don't understand what you mean... pretty sure it's something simple. I've been awake for a while now :D

thoughtbombing
11-09-2007, 06:19 AM
money is up to over $8000 in one half day. keep it up, please. between the money bomb, and the news coverage of these articles, and the small amount of coverage we already get, and Ron destroying everyone in Debates--we're definitely winning this!

thoughtbombing
11-09-2007, 08:56 AM
$9,340

and counting.

Man from La Mancha
11-09-2007, 09:10 AM
No offense thoughtbombing since you are new here and no reputation, what assurances do we have on the donated money. Is there anyone here that can votch for you or any form of transparancy. Good luck.

nayjevin
11-09-2007, 09:30 AM

she meant this kind of grassroots free market idealism turning to reality is the reason paul's campaign is the strongest in the race

bomybomy
11-09-2007, 09:38 AM
i think radio would be a better way to "thought bomb". newspaper readership is in decline everywhere.

thoughtbombing
11-09-2007, 09:53 AM
i think radio would be a better way to "thought bomb". newspaper readership is in decline everywhere.

Sunday Times is over 1 million readers, gets MSM attention, it's something Joe Scarborough can hold up on his morning show... something Cspan can hold up on the call in show... etc.. besides that, it gets RP's name out to a WORLDWIDE audience, because the NY TIMES is not just a NY paper.

As for vouching for me, I don't personally know anyone here, I don't think. I'm trying to find a way so that the totals are publicly shown. I've maxed out on the campaign though, and can't spend any more money directly, so I wanted to do what I could.

I understand the transparency argument, though. I've seen the fake sites, etc. I haven't seen the fake sites posted here though. Food for thought. Looking for a way right this second.

max
11-09-2007, 10:16 AM
Thought Bomb Needs To Push Boston Tea Party

max
11-09-2007, 10:19 AM
$9,340

and counting.

THE NY TIMES AD SHOULD PUSH THE BOSTON TEA PARTY.....DONT WASTE THIS OPPORTUNITY

thoughtbombing
11-09-2007, 10:41 AM
THE NY TIMES AD SHOULD PUSH THE BOSTON TEA PARTY.....DONT WASTE THIS OPPORTUNITY

There are a couple of reasons that I disagree...

1. It's a coordinated strike, and the News story should be about the AD ITSELF.
2. The Second News Story comes with the BOMB.
3. Third news story comes with a Wall Street Journal ad that following Monday(next day)

It's about dominating the coverage over a slow period(weekend talk shows, man!)

In short, this WILL advertise Ron Paul. If you're saying we should change the RonPaul2008.com part of the ad to like, say HTTP://TEAPARTY07.COM

that is doable... but the ad can't be color, and any image could be misinterpretted...

"The Beauty of Not Being Sold Anything" is a powerful message, considering the fact that we just bought a STUPIDLY expensive piece of ad space, and then didn't advertise.

It's a stunt. It'll bring his name into the Sunday TALK SHOWS... they will discuss it. People will GOOGLE RON PAUL... the #1 site for RON PAUL hits, after his own, will be the Teaparty07.com website...

It's called INDIRECT MARKETING. If people know we're selling something, they'll tune out.