PDA

View Full Version : AP: Romney leads in Iowa [what?]

Epic
12-25-2011, 10:28 PM
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_IOWA_DIFFERENT_CAMPAIGN?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-12-25-11-30-18

RealClearPolitics shows Ron Paul leading 24-20 over Romney in Iowa, but that doesn't stop AP from claiming - in an article that got to be the headline on Drudge Report - that Mitt Romney is leading in Iowa:

With a week to go, the state of the race in Iowa generally mirrors the race from coast to coast.

Polls show Newt Gingrich, the former House speaker, having lost ground and Texas Rep. Ron Paul having risen, with both still in contention with former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney at the head of the pack.

Of course, out of the last 6 polls in Iowa, Paul is winning 5 of them (PPP, Insider Advantage, ISU/Gazette, WeAskAmerica, ARG). Romney is winning one (rasmussen - not very reputable).

Unbelievable lies from the Associated Press.

12-25-2011, 10:36 PM
As long as they don't write any more newsletter stories, they can call the race any way they feel. The support is still there.

Student Of Paulism
12-25-2011, 10:38 PM
This is probably the Rass poll they are talking about then. There could be a poll done by Scooby Doo showing Romney winning, while all the rest show Paul ahead. Take a guess which one the AP and the Big 5 would plaster every 1/2 hour? :rolleyes:

sofia
12-25-2011, 10:39 PM
they are setting us up for vote fraud.

you cant steal an election if there is too much variance between the pre-election polls and the end result.

rp08orbust
12-25-2011, 10:44 PM
According to the governor though, it's 2nd place you want to be in, which is Romney's.

South Park Fan
12-25-2011, 10:53 PM
They released the results 9 days early it seems.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH-2CQZ1rMo

justatrey
12-25-2011, 10:56 PM

you cant steal an election if there is too much variance between the pre-election polls and the end result.

This is my biggest fear.

We would be naive to think that noone in the GOP establishment would steal votes from Paul if they think they can get away with it. Of course they would. I'm just hoping that the campaign is really taking this seriously.

I watched this earlier and now I'm all worried...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl4NDDBXSZA&feature=player_embedded

economics102
12-25-2011, 10:58 PM
According to the governor though, it's 2nd place you want to be in, which is Romney's.

Well then according to Rasmussen Mittens has some work to do because right now Ron Paul is winning. Maybe Mitt needs to run some negative attack ads on himself.

Carole
12-25-2011, 10:59 PM
Is there even one word of truth in that story?

"We just haven't had as much face time," Republican chairwoman Trudy Caviness in Wapello County said. "That's why we're so undecided."

Indeed, people here simply don't know the Republican presidential candidates that well. And it's a big reason why the contest in Iowa is so volatile and why the caucus outcome could end up being more representative of the mood of national Republicans than in past years when GOP activists here have gone it alone by launching an unlikely front-runner to the top of the field.

The entire state has been the focus for six months. Just how much facetime does a person require? Why not do a little research and stop basing their votes on what the candidate says to make them feel good?

For Christ sake, how stupid is that?

And that is just one excerpt from the article. Total BS article.

Carole
12-25-2011, 11:03 PM

Totally agree. That article is a blatant set up for electon fraud!!! I heard SEIU is in charge in Iowa. Anyone have any info on that?

economics102
12-25-2011, 11:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl4NDDBXSZA&feature=player_embedded

Umm....this needs to be bumped into its own thread so everyone sees it.

speciallyblend
12-25-2011, 11:07 PM
don't worry till after jan 3rd, chill relax it will blow over/s figured i would use the typical response coming lately from rpf members about all the hoopla!

12-25-2011, 11:08 PM
Relax, voter fraud is impossible in a Caucus. Every person at each location knows the winner.

pacelli
12-25-2011, 11:09 PM
I guess we're going to have to settle this on January 3rd.

rprprs
12-25-2011, 11:10 PM
Barb Livingston is proof that, for all the changes, there's still something to be said for the personal approach. She has struggled all year to find a candidate to back and is basing her decision on a personal impression she had - except that impression was established four years ago, riding around Marshall County with Romney.

"When push comes to shove, I had a chance to meet him and travel around with," said Livingston, a former Marshall County GOP chairwoman. "He's someone personally I connected with."

Ah yes, the typical Iowa voter.
:rolleyes:

Conza88
12-25-2011, 11:10 PM
If they do... the claim will be that "The newsletters gave a massive dent to RP" - which is complete bs.

Student Of Paulism
12-25-2011, 11:17 PM
Relax, voter fraud is impossible in a Caucus. Every person at each location knows the winner.

Yea, but did you listen to what he said here and read his other sites? It doesn't stop there, it goes to some shady ass group called VNS, who is now National Election Pool, and has had four different names now, who are controlled by the media. Once the caucus chairman calls it in to the state (supposedly the State GOP leaders arent even involved sometimes, which is a damn joke as well) it then goes to these people and god only knows what happens to it.

Did you know that Buchanan got like 870 something votes compared to Dole's 700something in IA in 1996? Here is the kicker. When the results came back from this bs organization, Pats votes got sliced down to 750ish and Dole wound up 'winning'. Now here is the worst part of it all. THE CORRECT CAUCUS TALLY IS STILL ACTUALLY ON FILE THAT PAT HAD WON IN THAT COUNTY/PRECINCT...Can you say: WTF!!?? Seriously, i dont even know what to say to that, it's just mind numbingly insane.

So yea, i wouldn't put it past the globalists this year to do some crazy and whacky crap. They already released some bs story that 'anonymous' would try hacking something, once Ron hit 1st place in the polls....which we all know is The Feds doing that crap, so they can basically say that if Ron wins, that Anonymous hacked it. Or Ron doesnt win, they can say Anonymous did it, when the feds actually did it. :rolleyes:

And yea, caucuses are way harder to fudge, its primaries using the machines that are the worst.

Endthefednow
12-25-2011, 11:19 PM
So, with Anonymous helping Ron would be able to win all 50 states? and the GOP would be able to say no it does not count ;)

12-25-2011, 11:20 PM
Yea, but did you listen to what he said here and read his other sites? It doesn't stop there, it goes to some shady ass group called VNS, who is now National Election Pool, and has had four different names now, who are controlled by the media. Once the caucus chairman calls it in to the state (supposedly the State GOP leaders arent even involved sometimes, which is a damn joke as well) it then goes to these people and god only knows what happens to it.

Did you know what Buchanans got the 870 something votes compares to Dole's 700something in IA in 1996? Here is the kicker. When the results came back from this bs organization, Pats votes got sliced down to 750ish and Dole wound up 'winning'. Now here is the worst part of it all. THE CORRECT CAUCUS TALLY IS STILL ACTUALLY ON FILE THAT PAT HAD WON...Can you say: WTF!!?? Seriously, i dont even know what to say to that, it's just mind numbingly insane.

So yea, i wouldn't put it past the globalists this year to some crazy and whacky crap. They already released some bs story that 'anonymous' would try hacking something, once Ron hit 1st place in the polls....which we all know is The Feds doing that crap, so they can basically say that if Ron wins, that Anonymous hacked it. Or Ron doesnt win, they can say Anonymous did it, when the feds actually did it. :rolleyes:

Chill out. The call ins are only for media reporting.

Each location has a clear winner with tons of witnesses. There will then be a paper trail. Everything will be fine. There's not going to be any fraud in Iowa.

JasonM
Ah yes, the typical Iowa voter.
:rolleyes:

So Romney is someone you "personally connected" with. Don't blame you there. The hair, the charming personality, the smile, the millions of dollars in personal fortune, the alpha dog mentality, and I'm sure he works out to boot!! What's not to like!? I'm sure she had a lot of "fun" while traveling around with him. :D

Of course, I'm not sure if Romney's wife would feel the same way. :o

justatrey

I can't help but be paranoid. New thread added:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?342172-Watch-the-Vote-2012-Iowa-Caucus

JasonM
12-25-2011, 11:21 PM
They released the results 9 days early it seems.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH-2CQZ1rMo

LMAO!!

Took me 45 seconds before I realized what this really was. The Onion is awesome!! :D

pacelli
12-25-2011, 11:23 PM

Wow.. Unbelievable. I'll repost it. Anyone who will take part in the Iowa caucus should watch this video. At least give it 5 minutes of your time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl4NDDBXSZA&list=UUq2V5_LcHmQkkVb4dZsOhxg

Student Of Paulism
12-25-2011, 11:29 PM
Chill out. The call ins are only for media reporting.

Each location has a clear winner with tons of witnesses. There will then be a paper trail. Everything will be fine. There's not going to be any fraud in Iowa.

Well i hope so. I just get really upset reading some of the stuff out there. I know how much they hate Ron and they treated Pat unfairly in 96 too, so it just worries me. Jim is running his own watchdog program this year though, with lots of volunteers/monitors taking action so the process should be interesting once its all over.