PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul should tell the Neocons to form a third party

Joe3113
12-25-2011, 09:23 PM
... or go back to the Democratic Party where they came from.

Seriously. He should say it in the next debate and WHENEVER he is asked about third party runs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0N0iqUiaTs

Carehn
12-25-2011, 09:26 PM
lol. I have said this to the Old boys in my local party. As soon as they start hinting at me and others not quit fitting in i suggest they start a 3rd party. Im not all that popular in the party.

Romulus
12-25-2011, 09:27 PM
Haha.. + rep

wowrevolution
12-25-2011, 09:33 PM
Go tell them to join their CFR buddies in Americans Elect where they belong.

sratiug
12-25-2011, 09:37 PM
An excellent idea. Wasn't there a poll a few months ago that showed most Republicans were against our interventionism? I know there was a study that said the troops feel that way.

FlatIron
12-25-2011, 09:40 PM
how is that going to help? its just going to be more hate.

TulsaRevolution
12-25-2011, 09:42 PM
how is that going to help? its just going to be more hate.

Be sure you watch the video so Dr. Paul can explain what a neoconservative is. They are NOT conservatives at all! They have co-opted the message of limited government.

XTreat
12-25-2011, 10:09 PM
Wanna know where Neoconservatism comes from? Watch this video, all 6 parts. Its very educational and if you want to have a philosophically intelligent debate with someone who thinks they are conservative but really isn't, then arm your self with information.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz6B8ql6DRs

sratiug
12-25-2011, 10:51 PM
Here we go...

http://ewross.com/isolationist_republicans_vs_interventionist_democr at.htm

[edit]

A recent Pew Poll “found the proportion of conservative Republicans who support U.S. activism in world affairs has fallen by 19 points since 2004, with a majority of conservative Republicans now saying that America should ‘pay less attention to problems overseas and concentrate on problems here at home.’” An ABC News/Washington Post poll found that most Republicans support a significant withdrawal from Afghanistan this summer. Only 28 percent of Republicans believe the war has contributed "a great deal" to long-term US security.

Len Larson
12-26-2011, 12:00 AM
What do you all think about the "Old Right"? I've been reading Rothbard on this and I think this is the alternative we should be offering people to replace neoconservatism. When I read what Taft had to say about war, it makes a lot of sense to me. I think it would appeal to the majority of Republicans if they knew about it. Or do you think the average R is ready for Libertarianism?

wowrevolution
12-26-2011, 12:10 AM
Think of a movie in which the actors are mob goons of the catholic mafia. These are the thugs that the NeoCons use to intimidate people. They are typically East Coast thugs with family connections to the Mob.

Joe3113
12-26-2011, 12:11 AM
What do you all think about the "Old Right"? I've been reading Rothbard on this and I think this is the alternative we should be offering people to replace neoconservatism. When I read what Taft had to say about war, it makes a lot of sense to me. I think it would appeal to the majority of Republicans if they knew about it. Or do you think the average R is ready for Libertarianism?

The Republican Party should be a coalition of libertarians and true (i.e. paleo) conservatives. The Ron Paul-Pat Buchanan Party. That's the old right.

There ought not be room for Neocon Johnny-come-lately, former Trotskyite communists, who are solely interested in activist foreign policy and whom have no interest in reducing the welfare state.

There also isn't room for "moderates" i.e. Democrats who call themselves Republicans. Like Sen Lugar.

Neocons and Moderates should either join the Democratic party, where they came from, or form a third party.

AlexAmore
12-26-2011, 12:15 AM
I'll even create their party animal. Rhymes with RINO.

ca4paul
12-26-2011, 01:54 AM
Hahaha I love this thread. Great idea!

gerryb
12-26-2011, 01:57 AM
lol. I have said this to the Old boys in my local party. As soon as they start hinting at me and others not quit fitting in i suggest they start a 3rd party. Im not all that popular in the party.

Need to find some friends and knock on doors -- replace them =)

rfbz
12-26-2011, 02:11 AM
Wanna know where Neoconservatism comes from? Watch this video, all 6 parts. Its very educational and if you want to have a philosophically intelligent debate with someone who thinks they are conservative but really isn't, then arm your self with information.

interesting, thanks for posting

Matthew Zak
12-26-2011, 06:28 AM

That guy gives me the creeps just like his son.

Romulus
12-26-2011, 02:46 PM
^^^
3/6 is pretty telling... he speaks of Reagan accepting the FDR and the New Deal and then Gingrich too, which started to change the R party

White Bear Lake
12-26-2011, 02:53 PM
The Republican Party should be a coalition of libertarians and true (i.e. paleo) conservatives. The Ron Paul-Pat Buchanan Party. That's the old right.

There ought not be room for Neocon Johnny-come-lately, former Trotskyite communists, who are solely interested in activist foreign policy and whom have no interest in reducing the welfare state.

There also isn't room for "moderates" i.e. Democrats who call themselves Republicans. Like Sen Lugar.

Neocons and Moderates should either join the Democratic party, where they came from, or form a third party.

Couldn't agree more.