PDA

View Full Version : Will the GOP self-destruct to keep Ron Paul from the nomination?

Cshelton21
12-25-2011, 02:06 PM
So this seems to be coming up more an more. Has the GOP fallen far enough to destroy it's presidential bid in order to suppress and keep Ron Paul from the nomination?

The answer to me is yes, absolutely yes.

It seems RP is now more of a threat to the new Neo-Con version of the GOP than ever before. While Ron Paul garners more and more support it seems extremely likely that the GOP will fissure between the Establishment/MSM (who made the most noise hating Obama) and true conservatives. Everyone knows if you force the good Doctor into a 3rd party run that Obama wins. I can easily see why CNN want's this. but now Fox is stepping up the hits as well.

It should be obvious now. to everyone. The people who pull the strings behind the scenes (who pretend to hate Obama) would now rather see Barack win again then rather than Ron Paul. The question is: how do we expose this? How do we not squander this trump card (pun intended) we've been delt?

Ron Paul doesn't exist
Ron Paul doesn't exist
Ron Paul doesn't exist
Ron Paul doesn't exist
Ron Paul doesn't exist
Ron Paul can't win Iowa
Ron Paul can't win Iowa
Ron Paul can't win Iowa
Ron Paul can't win Iowa
Ron Paul can't win Iowa
Ron Paul can't win the nomination

Ron Paul is a racist (Nod your heads and go shopping)

12-25-2011, 02:09 PM
Both. The GOP establishment will self destruct and Ron will win letting us reclaim our party from the neocons.

Anti Federalist
12-25-2011, 02:13 PM
It should be obvious now. to everyone. The people who pull the strings behind the scenes (who pretend to hate Obama) would now rather see Barack win again then rather than Ron Paul. The question is: how do we expose this? How do we not squander this trump card (pun intended) we've been delt?

No One But Paul.

Question answered.

Sublyminal
12-25-2011, 02:14 PM
The GOP is making themselves look bad in the eyes of voters and everyone alike. If they throw away the election, just to keep RP out of the WH, then come next cycle the Republican party wont exist.

JudeJenn
12-25-2011, 02:24 PM
Absolutely.

With NDAA, SOPA, HSA/TSA, and all of their precursors, I honestly doubt the party system as we've known it will exist in another 4 years. I think those who hold the true power at the moment will do anything to keep us from voting Dr. Paul in.

Crickett
12-25-2011, 02:55 PM
Agreed. I was hanging in to the party by a thread after all they did last election. If they are not fair to RP this time in conventions and words, I am out of it altogether.

economics102
12-25-2011, 03:06 PM
The reason they're trying so hard to stop Paul from gaining traction and winning the nomination is precisely because if it is allowed to go too far, their attempts to self-destruct the party to stop him will be too obvious and it will become transparent that they'd actually prefer Obama to Paul, and that fact alone will open many people's eyes.

This is also why they tried to float the "Ron Paul is to the left of Obama on foreign policy" meme at the last debate. If they can successfully do that, it might allow them to transparently favor Obama over Paul. Which is why we have to stop that meme in its tracks.

virgil47
12-25-2011, 03:11 PM
The GOP is making themselves look bad in the eyes of voters and everyone alike. If they throw away the election, just to keep RP out of the WH, then come next cycle the Republican party wont exist.

I really have come to believe that the powers that be simply don't care if the Republican party continues to exist. They have been on a path of self destruction for at least 10 years and their actions become more destructive every year. I don't believe it is about Ron Paul at all! I believe that the Republican leadership and the Democratic leadership simply want the U.S.A. to cease to exist. It seems as though every action either party takes is aimed at that goal Very sad to realize that the Marxists are within arms reach of success.

Sublyminal
12-25-2011, 03:13 PM
I really have come to believe that the powers that be simply don't care if the Republican party continues to exist. They have been on a path of self destruction for at least 10 years and their actions become more destructive every year. I don't believe it is about Ron Paul at all! I believe that the Republican leadership and the Democratic leadership simply want the U.S.A. to cease to exist. It seems as though every action either party takes is aimed at that goal Very sad to realize that the Marxists are within arms reach of success.

Well Jesse Ventura did say it best, that in public Repubs and Democrats hate each other but behind closed doors they're back slapping good old buddies. You don't know where the democratic party ends and where the republican party begins anymore.

LibertyEagle
12-25-2011, 03:20 PM
Remember that the GOP "establishment" is a very small part of the GOP. The rank-and-file, Paul very much can win over. They are just like us. People sick and tired of what is going on and want their country back.

LibertyEagle
12-25-2011, 03:21 PM
Well Jesse Ventura did say it best, that in public Repubs and Democrats hate each other but behind closed doors they're back slapping good old buddies. You don't know where the democratic party ends and where the republican party begins anymore.

Very true. The establishment at the top is almost indistinguishable.

satchelmcqueen
12-25-2011, 03:25 PM
question; if paul wins to we as a collective and with pauls help, dismantle the 2 party system and have no parties (if thats even possible) or start our own party?

Cap
12-25-2011, 03:26 PM
Remember that the GOP "establishment" is a very small part of the GOP. The rank-and-file, Paul very much can win over. They are just like us. People sick and tired of what is going on and want their country back.We just need to teach them to be critical thinkers.

randomname
12-25-2011, 03:30 PM
Ed Schultz mentioned something interesting the other day... which is that the RNC should distance themselves from Paul and say they do not endorse his views. Anyone see that happening, perhaps preceded by a major smear?

Lord Xar
12-25-2011, 03:31 PM
Agreed. I was hanging in to the party by a thread after all they did last election. If they are not fair to RP this time in conventions and words, I am out of it altogether.
Same

merrimac
12-25-2011, 03:44 PM
I am now absolutely convinced that the Republican establishment would prefer 4 more years of Obama to a Ron Paul presidency. Hands down. That's cause they know Obama won't try to put an end to the corruption that Dems and Repugs enjoy. Worst case scenario of Paul winning the nomination they would run a "moderate" more establishment Republican candidate for 3rd party and split the vote to destroy Paul's chance at the nomination. And if Paul doesn't get the nomination the Republican candidate isn't going to win. Republicans have become so deluded and far away from the American people they have little chance.

People are not going to pay attention to what he's saying until the money they carry around is worthless and life is unbearable. Sad but true.

Sublyminal
12-25-2011, 03:46 PM
I am now absolutely convinced that the Republican establishment would prefer 4 more years of Obama to a Ron Paul presidency. Hands down. That's cause they know Obama won't try to put an end to the corruption that Dems and Repugs enjoy. Worst case scenario of Paul winning the nomination they would run a "moderate" more establishment Republican candidate for 3rd party and split the vote to destroy Paul's chance at the nomination. And if Paul doesn't get the nomination the Republican candidate isn't going to win. Republicans have become so deluded and far away from the American people they have little chance.

People are not going to pay attention to what he's saying until the money they carry around is worthless and life is unbearable. Sad but true.

The reason they would prefer that is because Ron Paul would push the reset button and start over in this game we call politics. And they don't want that, the lobbyist the corporate interest groups, the Military Industrial Complex, none of it.

GunnyFreedom
12-25-2011, 04:25 PM
We just need to teach them to be critical thinkers.

LOL good luck with that. :p

Wasn't intended mean, but federalized publik skool has pretty much deadened the skill of critical thought amongst the public. LMAO in the 3rd grade I used to get beat daily with a giant paddle because when the teacher was wrong I refused to back down and pretend she was right. Point being, they do it on purpose. The purpose of federalized public school is to beat the critical thought out of America.

Nate
12-25-2011, 04:32 PM
LOL good luck with that. :p

Wasn't intended mean, but federalized publik skool has pretty much deadened the skill of critical thought amongst the public. LMAO in the 3rd grade I used to get beat daily with a giant paddle because when the teacher was wrong I refused to back down and pretend she was right. Point being, they do it on purpose. The purpose of federalized public school is to beat the critical thought out of America.

+1 Read John Taylor Gatto.

shelskov
12-25-2011, 04:53 PM
Both. The GOP establishment will self destruct and Ron will win letting us reclaim our party from the neocons.

Wishful thinking. Would be nice, though.

In public Repubs and Democrats hate each other but behind closed doors they're back slapping good old buddies. You don't know where the democratic party ends and where the republican party begins anymore.

Dead on.

question; if paul wins to we as a collective and with pauls help, dismantle the 2 party system and have no parties (if thats even possible) or start our own party?

We have our own party: Libertarian Party www.lp.org

The GOP establishment is willing to see Obama win if the people nominate Ron Paul because the party is not about principles. They want to hang on to power at any cost, even if it means compromising their "principles."

When I left the GOP I wanted to write a letter to the State GOP in Iowa to tell them why I was leaving. I downloaded their platform with the intention of going line by line and saying where I disagreed. To be honest, there was little I disagreed with (there were some things I flat out disagreed with, but not as many as I thought I would). I then realized that it isn't their stated principles I disagree with, it is the fact that they don't actually follow their principles when they are in power. It is just about gaining power, after that they think they can do whatever they want. They are willing to sit out four more years with Obamao in power if the alternative is Ron Paul coming in and ending their system and taking away (or at least reducing) the spoils of being in power.

In the end my letter mostly focused on where they have been ineffective in instituting their platform (especially in the years the GOP controlled both Houses of Congress and the Office of the Presidency) and the fact that I cannot be a part of their system if they are that ineffective in instituting their stated goals.

FreedomProsperityPeace
12-25-2011, 09:18 PM
They're destroying themselves long term with their stupid behavior. Ron Paul brought a resurgence to the Republican Party after the defeat of 2008, an excitement over the return of fiscal and constitutional conservatism with the Tea Party. The GOP has practically cut that off at the knees, with the end result being many settling for Romney, and they are choking off the new blood (young people) that was flowing into the party and away from Democrats.

If Obama wins again, I don't see a path back to victory for them anytime soon. If he can win reelection after he has done as badly as he has, it will be a rock-solid mandate for his leftist policies. It will demonstrate no confidence in conservatism and any of the core values Republicans are at least talking about again. Many Republican voters who are hyped over Ron Paul will be dejected and all the momentum will dissipate and die. I think the resistance to participating again in 2016 and beyond will be even worse than it was early this year among the libertarian wing and associated independents.

What will the Republican leaders' role be in that scenario? More of the "party of no" label that they have been hated for recently. They will have nothing else they can do but try to play defense vs. Obama and keep up the gridlock, and they will be picked apart while the country descends back into a double dip recession or even severe depression. How will that help their chances of getting back the White House?

speciallyblend
12-25-2011, 09:27 PM
Yes of course the gop establishment would throw the election. They already win if they marginalize ron paul they(gop est) have obama!

anaconda
12-25-2011, 10:40 PM
Remember that the GOP "establishment" is a very small part of the GOP. The rank-and-file, Paul very much can win over. They are just like us. People sick and tired of what is going on and want their country back.

Unfortunately there are many many Republican voters that think we still need to be the policeman of the world.

anaconda
12-25-2011, 10:42 PM
They're destroying themselves long term with their stupid behavior. Ron Paul brought a resurgence to the Republican Party after the defeat of 2008, an excitement over the return of fiscal and constitutional conservatism with the Tea Party. The GOP has practically cut that off at the knees, with the end result being many settling for Romney, and they are choking off the new blood (young people) that was flowing into the party and away from Democrats.

If Obama wins again, I don't see a path back to victory for them anytime soon. If he can win reelection after he has done as badly as he has, it will be a rock-solid mandate for his leftist policies. It will demonstrate no confidence in conservatism and any of the core values Republicans are at least talking about again. Many Republican voters who are hyped over Ron Paul will be dejected and all the momentum will dissipate and die. I think the resistance to participating again in 2016 and beyond will be even worse than it was early this year among the libertarian wing and associated independents.

What will the Republican leaders' role be in that scenario? More of the "party of no" label that they have been hated for recently. They will have nothing else they can do but try to play defense vs. Obama and keep up the gridlock, and they will be picked apart while the country descends back into a double dip recession or even severe depression. How will that help their chances of getting back the White House?

It may indeed, then, be time for a third party, with Ron and Rand front and center in its early and formative stages. This may be one of the significant side effects of this election.

anaconda
12-25-2011, 10:46 PM
Ed Schultz mentioned something interesting the other day... which is that the RNC should distance themselves from Paul and say they do not endorse his views. Anyone see that happening, perhaps preceded by a major smear?

They could do that but they would be instantly admitting defeat in the 2012 election. BTW why would Ed Schultz say that about Paul? Aren't Democrats supposed to think more highly of Paul than the other RINOs?

affa
12-25-2011, 10:55 PM
There is no two-party system. We've been in a one party system for, at least, decades. The two parties take turns, each lasting 4 to 8 years. They differ on social issues, but rarely on long term goals or foreign policy. Each takes its turn to push forward either empire, police state, or both, and when the people get fed up with one? The other goes at it from the other side.

The GOP clearly doesn't want to win this cycle, for if it did, it would get behind Ron Paul. The other candidates can not beat Obama any more than McCain could. But the thing is, they've always gone with the theory that losing is winning, when you're playing both sides.

The two party system is also why we get increasingly worse options every 4 years. See, at first you might think that in politics, a party should put up its absolute best candidate - after all, you want to win, right? However, if both parties in a predominately two party system put up reasonable, intelligent, well spoken candidates... it frees the public to vote 3rd party. That is, if all the candidates seem reasonable, even if you don't agree with them on everything, you feel safe in voting for the person you actually want. However, if both main parties put up candidates that seem terrible to the opposition, it forces the majority to vote within the two party system... the 'lesser of two evils' phenomenon. People get so scared of 'the other guy' winning, that they feel obligated to vote for 'their guy'... even if they don't actually like 'their guy' that much. Thus, a two party system, by design, will slowly drift towards candidates that the opposition hates, rather than ones that are reasonable, because it keeps power within the two main parties, ensures they will remain dominant, and with full knowledge they get to 'take turns'.