PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee: Ron Paul Cannot be GOP Nominee--even if he wins Iowa

bobbyw24
12-25-2011, 12:07 PM
Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, who surprised voters with a win in Iowa in 2008, said Rep. Ron Paul could win the Iowa caucus but has no chance of going on to be the Republican nominee.

“Iowa is not so much a place that picks presidents, but it does pick people who are thrust into the upper tier,” Mr. Huckabee said on “Fox News Sunday.” “That’s the history, and it gives people credibility. In the case that it’s Ron Paul — and I know I’m going to get a lot of nasty letters and emails, too — Ron Paul is not going to be elected president. He’s not.”

“There’s no way a win for Paul [in Iowa] is going to do anything other than confuse the race,” Mr. Huckabee added later. “But he’s not going to get the nomination, that’s for sure.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/dec/25/huckabee-paul-cant-be-republican-pick/

Crotale
12-25-2011, 12:09 PM
Not this type of crap again. :rolleyes:

Sublyminal
12-25-2011, 12:11 PM
Huck is still butt-hurt that his win in Iowa didn't get him the nod.

specsaregood
12-25-2011, 12:13 PM
Huck is still butt-hurt that his win in Iowa didn't get him the nod.
The difference being Huck didn't have a national campaign in place. dr. Paul does. eg: virginia

Matthew Zak
12-25-2011, 12:14 PM
Oh, yeah, because if he can't get the nomination after winning Iowa, no one can.

What a narcissistic shill. Someone please slap him in the face and record it with with a super slo-mo camera.

Sublyminal
12-25-2011, 12:15 PM
The difference being Huck didn't have a national campaign in place. dr. Paul does. eg: virginia

So true, you should see all the supporters out here in the Hampton Roads areas.

asurfaholic
12-25-2011, 12:15 PM
Lol...

Koz
12-25-2011, 12:16 PM
I know one thing, it's not worth my time to write him a letter. POS

Steppenwolf6
12-25-2011, 12:17 PM
"I could'nt so he can't either,I am telling you!"

JasonM
12-25-2011, 12:19 PM
Why is it that they don't say the same thing about Ricky boy, Bachman girl or the Huntsman guy? Or how about that Perry fella who can't do well in a debate to save his life!!

Heck, just come out now and endorse either the slimy cheating man Gingrich who would even flirt with Pelosi if he thought he would get political points, or the slippery Morman named Romney who will sweet talk you into a vote for him then do whatever he wants once he's got what he wants from ya!!

Dsylexic
12-25-2011, 12:22 PM
both huckabee and buchanan keep saying this.they are wrong ,because they compare paul to themselves.but these guys had no grassroots support.they were media sensations to a large extent.paul will just keep plugging on and on.we will atleast have a brokered convention at a minimum -pessimist scenario
plus,huckabee and buchanan never had anything close to a moneybomb.
so no,one doesnt need to be a one eyed paul supporter to dismiss this as shoddy analysis.we should sleep well

Agorism
12-25-2011, 12:24 PM
We have a NH problem in my opinion. Nate Silver agrees

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?342076-538-Paul%92s-Influence-Doesn%92t-Just-Depend-on-Him

evadmurd
12-25-2011, 12:25 PM
I hope he doesn't get even one letter about this . Ignore him.

merrimac
12-25-2011, 12:36 PM
Well, I guess he should know winning Iowa doesn't mean squat. ;)
I get sick of people who say Ron Paul can't win the Republican nomination. I hope Ron Paul uses his ENTIRE Iowa speech to trash the Republican establishment saying that they are not small government conservatives.

KCIndy
12-25-2011, 12:40 PM
Incredible.

I've never seen such a blubbery, whimpering and sniveling case of "sour grapes" in my life. Huckabee needs to pull up his big boy pants, wipe his nose on his sleeve and get over the fact that he couldn't achieve squat outside of Iowa in '08.

Too bad it's too late to send him a baby rattle for Christmas.

No Free Beer
12-25-2011, 12:44 PM
coming from the guy who lost. BAHAHAH!

Tax-Hike Mike...

12-25-2011, 12:47 PM
Good. Let GOP figures thrash talk all they want, it keeps the newsletters out of the news. People are too pissed off at government to listen to Ron being trashed by establishment figures.

Lord Xar
12-25-2011, 12:57 PM
For the next week or so, this will be the mantra all over the news... they do NOT want Paul to win Iowa nor place 2nd in N.H.

American Idol
12-25-2011, 12:59 PM
Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, who surprised voters with a win in Iowa in 2008, said Rep. Ron Paul could win the Iowa caucus but has no chance of going on to be the Republican nominee.

“Iowa is not so much a place that picks presidents, but it does pick people who are thrust into the upper tier,” Mr. Huckabee said on “Fox News Sunday.”

Some guy named Barack Obama won Iowa, and frontrunner Hillary Clinton then won New Hampshire.

How'd that turn out? I'm your Huckleberry....BOO-YAH.:cool:

PatriotOne
12-25-2011, 01:07 PM
Had X-mas breakfast with my friend and neighbor this morn. She's a Christian who runs the youth program at her church. Her and her husband are very involved in their church. Her son went into the army about 6 months ago.

Reports from her large circle of X-tians.....the bulk of them are RP supporters. Her military son a huge RP supporter for 4+yrs now. He reports that the military rank and file he's in contact with are RP supporters. This is real life. Not some theater coming from a talking head on the magic box.

low preference guy
12-25-2011, 01:09 PM
Reports from her large circle of X-tians.....the bulk of them are RP supporters. Her military son a huge RP supporter for 4+yrs now. He reports that the military rank and file he's in contact with are RP supporters. This is real life. Not some theater coming from a talking head on the magic box.

Would it be nice if a bunch of RP military supporters get pissed off at the media and cut an ad setting the record straight?

PatriotOne
12-25-2011, 01:28 PM
Would it be nice if a bunch of RP military supporters get pissed off at the media and cut an ad setting the record straight?

Oh yeah. It would have to be retired though.

Omnica
12-25-2011, 01:35 PM

“Iowa is not so much a place that picks presidents, but it does pick people who are thrust into the upper tier,” Mr. Huckabee said on “Fox News Sunday.” “That’s the history, and it gives people credibility. In the case that it’s Ron Paul — and I know I’m going to get a lot of nasty letters and emails, too — Ron Paul is not going to be elected president. He’s not.”

“There’s no way a win for Paul [in Iowa] is going to do anything other than confuse the race,” Mr. Huckabee added later. “But he’s not going to get the nomination, that’s for sure.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/dec/25/huckabee-paul-cant-be-republican-pick/
I would be as cocky as Huckabee if I knew the details of the

GOP Machine's secret foolproof protocol to steal the election from the people.

odamn
12-25-2011, 01:38 PM
So Fuckabee is admitting the election process is rigged?
He's still butthurt from the asswhipping Ron gave him in the last election debates.

I hope he gets to eat his words ...
Now that would be a Merry Christmas!

cdc482
12-25-2011, 01:41 PM
I think the eyeroll has finally replaced Collins and Toady as the most popular smiley as a result of all these media attacks.

kylejack
12-25-2011, 01:47 PM
Remember when Huckleberry said a lot more troops need to die so we don't lose honor?

Brett85
12-25-2011, 01:48 PM
It really doesn't matter what any of these people say. The voters are going to determine who wins the GOP nomination.

Brett85
12-25-2011, 01:50 PM
Three weeks ago I didn't think Ron had any chance to win the nomination either. But I don't see how you can ignore the fact that Ron is now in first in Iowa, second in New Hampshire, and moving up in the national polls. The hatred that the media has for Ron really clouds their objectivity. Ron still doesn't have a good chance to win the nomination, but he certainly has a chance.

dfalken
12-25-2011, 01:53 PM
Huckabee is only one letter away from Fuckabee

Crickett
12-25-2011, 03:04 PM
I am from AR and can not stand Phuck. He lied to my FACE. (I met him at a Chamber of Commerce meeting). He was charged with 13 or so ethics violations, and is just like Newt, for MONEY. He smashed all the state's computers when he left (did not even just reformat the harddrives, he smashed ALL the computers) AND he pretended to "remarry" his wife with a place where people could send him "wedding gifts". He is such a con man, VERY charismatic, and no one should ever believe a word out of his mouth.

LEK
12-25-2011, 04:03 PM
Either he has inside information or it's sour grapes.

How can someone be so emphatic?

Student Of Paulism
12-25-2011, 04:06 PM
Either he has inside information or it's sour grapes.

How can someone be so emphatic?

Yea, it makes you wonder when they talk in such absolutes. Same how Gingrich said he would be the nominee in such an assuring way, which was even more f'd up, considering he was nowhere just 3 weeks before that. It's gonna get ugly i think. I read a lot of the stuff Jim Condit wrote on his sites, and i sure hope the campaign is highly involved at each caucus and primary this year.

jer4liberty
12-25-2011, 04:10 PM
Mike is wrong yet again, just like he was wrong on the Iraq during the debates in the 2008 cycle.

V3n
12-25-2011, 04:12 PM
Huckabee is the establishment. The establishment is scared.

Good.

JohnGalt1225
12-25-2011, 04:32 PM
Why should I care what that washed up never-was nobody has to say about anything?

Joe3113
12-25-2011, 05:29 PM
Hey Huck! Go Huck yourself.

TomtheTinker
12-25-2011, 05:59 PM
Another nay saying pundit Another day. Merry christmas to huckmail and his family.

Gravik
12-25-2011, 06:39 PM
Oh, yeah, because if he can't get the nomination after winning Iowa, no one can.

What a narcissistic shill. Someone please slap him in the face and record it with with a super slo-mo camera.
better yet, someone do a Jackass Rocky to him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPmzLyyPigA

RickyJ
12-25-2011, 06:39 PM
The odds are against Paul for sure, but if he doesn't win, I don't think I want to stay in this nation. You guys can stay here and fight on, but if this nation can't elect someone like Paul after being ripped off by bankers, lied to get into wars, and have their religion ridiculed and despised on the news and in Hollywood, while their is a huge menorah sitting just across from the White House in Lafayette Park while it is against the law to put a cross up, then this nation richly deserves to die. It is Ron Paul NOW, or it is good bye USA.

sailingaway
12-25-2011, 06:41 PM
Just because Huckabee won Iowa and lost the nomination doesn't mean it always go that way.

MrTudo
12-25-2011, 06:43 PM
This guy is obviously a lowlife and a hypocrite.

libertyfanatic
12-25-2011, 06:56 PM
I'm so used to this type of stuff that I just take it as a compliment now. The establishment is panicking at the thought of a Ron Paul victory. It really is amusing to watch.

pauladin
12-25-2011, 07:07 PM
if the huckster endorses romney right before the caucus it could be pretty bad for us.

wowrevolution
12-25-2011, 07:28 PM
Hey Huckabee, from one American to another, go fuck yourself. You don't speak for me, you don't speak for anyone. You and your kind need to go hide in the Bushes. Your time is over.

RickyJ
12-25-2011, 07:29 PM
if the huckster endorses romney right before the caucus it could be pretty bad for us.

I doubt Huck still has much support in Iowa now, people have had plenty of time to know more about Huck by now and that is why he isn't running, he knows he doesn't have a shot.

I doubt anything he says carries much weight with anyone. Fox will learn this soon and fire him.

specsaregood
12-25-2011, 07:39 PM
I doubt anything he says carries much weight

not gonna touch that, too easy...

FreedomProsperityPeace
12-25-2011, 08:30 PM
In a time when Americans increasingly hate Washington and the establishment insiders, this mantra being repeated ad nauseum only helps Ron Paul. There becomes an "enemy of my enemy is my friend" effect. How many times have we heard critics of Dr. Paul say some version of: "I disagree with him on a lot of issues, but..." These drones are stirring up the F.U. vote.

Paul or not at all
12-25-2011, 08:45 PM
NH was very unfavorable for Huck, Paul can win the independents there.

bobbyw24
12-26-2011, 07:33 AM
I'm so used to this type of stuff that I just take it as a compliment now. The establishment is panicking at the thought of a Ron Paul victory. It really is amusing to watch.

Yep

ericsnow
12-26-2011, 08:05 AM
tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAvtVEW9ihY

MrTudo
12-26-2011, 09:05 AM
down!I saw before Xmas Dr Paul's house for sale. EVERYBODY can easily find where he lives now.

I also saw a politico pundit ( ? ) say that if Dr Paul wins Iowa, they'll just take it out. Like erase it?

"If Ron Paul wins Iowa, we just take it out."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VgXKF...

Take us out? Really you lowlife?

This is what I think, What is that mans HOME ADDRESS? I think it's high time we seeek out there addresses and publish them on the internet. Scumbag traitor. The world should know where they go to dinner, and where they sleep. What kind of a car do they drive?

Surely someone feels ambitious enough to seek and find this information? Not just about this lowlife from politico. I mean ALL of them. Send all the info to google search.

Betcha we get treated like equals at that point