PDA

View Full Version : Busted! Ron Paul caught on tape! OMG! OMG!

Constitutional Paulicy
12-25-2011, 09:52 AM
This video should get some circulation. I like the strategy......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3EADdr-5AY&feature=related

idiom
12-25-2011, 10:05 AM
Excellent.

Constitutional Paulicy
12-25-2011, 10:08 AM
Excellent.

Whoever uploaded this was very clever with the naming of the title "Busted! Ron Paul racist rant caught on tape! OMG! OMG!"

Anyone wanting to clarify the bogus reports will watch the video on youtube to see the dirt. Of course they will find him to be squeaky clean. :)

DealzOnWheelz
12-25-2011, 10:11 AM
This has been on my facebook page for weeks

sailingaway
12-25-2011, 10:12 AM
Thread titles here turn up as article titles in google search and most who read the title will not click the link to discover the joke, they will just register the falsehood that someone found a 'racist rant'. That is why I changed the thread title.

trey4sports
12-25-2011, 10:12 AM
the thread titles are tweeted.... I get your angle but be careful

Constitutional Paulicy
12-25-2011, 10:13 AM
This has been on my facebook page for weeks

Must be another Youtube User. This one was uploaded on the 20th. Good to hear you are pimping it. I hope more people do the same.

Constitutional Paulicy
12-25-2011, 10:15 AM
Thread titles here turn up as article titles in google search and most who read the title will not click the link to discover the joke, they will just register the falsehood that someone found a 'racist rant'. That is why I changed the thread title.

Oh, I see. I thought I made a mistake when posting so I must have edited the title after you did.

Kluge
12-25-2011, 10:26 AM
the thread titles are tweeted.... I get your angle but be careful
Can we just stop that altogether? How many people are subscribed to the RPFs RSS or Twitter feed who aren't members?

nbruno322
12-25-2011, 10:32 AM
good idea to change the title like that

sailingaway
12-25-2011, 10:32 AM
Can we just stop that altogether? How many people are subscribed to the RPFs RSS or Twitter feed who aren't members?

It isn't just RPF that tweets (that is from the front page, typically) anyone can and a few do have automated programs set up to tweet headings. We don't control it. I just see it. And they don't just go to RPF users, they go to hashtags of various sorts.

Also, it isn't just tweeting. These threads show up as article titles if someone googles Ron. And if it is an active thread, it may be one of the first things they see.

Just if it is only to us, and not something you'd want to see on the front page of a newspaper, don't use our most public forum.

Kluge
12-25-2011, 10:34 AM
Having RPFs post an RSS feed for every subforum on the main forum page is probably the culprit.

12-25-2011, 10:39 AM
Think before you make titles like this for threads and videos. Most people will just see the title on you tube and not click. It leaves a negative impression. You might think it's cute and sneaky. I think it's stupid and dangerous.

FriedChicken
12-25-2011, 11:42 AM
I agree that the negative video titles probably have more of a negative effect over all ... I read more titles than I do watch videos. Say I saw a video titled "Bachmann explains why being gay should be illegal" I wouldn't watch it - but in a conversation later on I'm likely to bring up "Doesn't Bachmann want to outlaw homosexuality somehow? I saw something about it."

The other person might respond "haha, I don't know. I haven't heard that but it wouldn't surprise me blah blah blah"
Then the conversation goes on negatively about how crazy or ridiculous she is.

I think putting questions marks on the title names is better. "Did Ron Paul write racist letters?" "Does Bachmann want to outlaw gays?" People interested will probably still watch the videos and the people that don't watch them ... yeah.

Just my two cents.

FriedChicken
12-25-2011, 11:45 AM
But also - as I've said around here before - the best way I think it just to dismiss the whole thing. "Ron didn't know about 'em, didn't write 'em, didn't approve 'em ... and besides, this was 22 years ago! He himself didn't even learn about it until he ran for Congress again. He was practicing medicine when these were written - he had no connection.
If this is the only "skeleton" they can find than I'd say it makes him the most honest, non-racist politician to ever run for president."

KingNothing
12-25-2011, 11:47 AM
Think before you make titles like this for threads and videos. Most people will just see the title on you tube and not click. It leaves a negative impression. You might think it's cute and sneaky. I think it's stupid and dangerous.

Exactly. I hate crap like this.

Sublyminal
12-25-2011, 11:48 AM
But also - as I've said around here before - the best way I think it just to dismiss the whole thing. "Ron didn't know about 'em, didn't write 'em, didn't approve 'em ... and besides, this was 22 years ago! He himself didn't even learn about it until he ran for Congress again. He was practicing medicine when these were written - he had no connection.
If this is the only "skeleton" they can find than I'd say it makes him the most honest, non-racist politician to ever run for president."

Honestly, once people see that it's something from 22 years ago, they're going to be like is this all they have against him? I remember when they brought up the newsletters in the 08 campaign. It's the only thing they can use and it pisses them off.

KingNothing
12-25-2011, 11:49 AM
I think putting questions marks on the title names is better. "Did Ron Paul write racist letters?" "Does Bachmann want to outlaw gays?" People interested will probably still watch the videos and the people that don't watch them ... yeah.

Just my two cents.

Even that isn't a good idea. You don't want to perpetuate the link between a negative thing to your candidate. Period. No matter how it's done, you don't want to do it.

Dr.3D
12-25-2011, 11:52 AM
Some people who have slow internet connections don't always click on the video but instead only read the title. I know this, because I have a rather slow connection and it takes me around 20 minutes to watch a 10 minute video.