PDA

View Full Version : Good Article: Boston Globe: Romney leads, Paul rises in N.H. poll 12/25

nbruno322
12-25-2011, 09:29 AM
Romney leads, Paul rises in N.H. poll

Gingrich’s surge muted as 1st US primary nears

By Michael Levenson | GLOBE STAFF DECEMBER 25, 2011

Newt Gingrich’s surge has slowed and Ron Paul has gained momentum, but Mitt Romney remains the clear front-runner in New Hampshire with a little more than two weeks until the nation’s first primary, according to a new Boston Globe poll.

Romney has the support of 39 percent of the state’s likely Republican voters, a drop of 3 percentage points since last month but a strong indication he is weathering Gingrich’s national comeback in a state vital to his campaign.

In the closely watched contest for second place, Gingrich and Paul are tied with 17 percent each, just ahead of Jon Huntsman, who has the support of 11 percent of likely Republican voters.

But as the race hurtles toward the Jan. 10 primary, Paul has been gaining the most in New Hampshire. His support has risen by 5 percentage points since November, while Huntsman has picked up 3 percentage points in the last month and Gingrich has gained 2.

The momentum for Paul raises the prospect that he, not Gingrich, could emerge as the strongest early challenger to Romney if the Texas congressman can hold on to his lead in Iowa and capture second place in New Hampshire.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2011/12/25/romney-leads-paul-rises-poll/At0SqxcEVf4vI05E65ip0O/story.html

bronxboy10
12-25-2011, 09:34 AM
From that article:

"Among self-identified Tea Party supporters in New Hampshire, 44 percent said they would vote for Romney, compared with 24 percent for Gingrich and 14 percent for Paul, who is sometimes referred to as the grandfather of the Tea Party movement."

Does anyone understand this? :confused:

opinionatedfool
12-25-2011, 09:36 AM
I don't put a whole lot of weight on boston globe polls, but cool RP is still a leader.

Sublyminal
12-25-2011, 09:38 AM
From that article:

"Among self-identified Tea Party supporters in New Hampshire, 44 percent said they would vote for Romney, compared with 24 percent for Gingrich and 14 percent for Paul, who is sometimes referred to as the grandfather of the Tea Party movement."

Most people are sheep, it's the sad truth. The sad thing is, you'd think after years and years of the same thing, same broken promises that they would wake up out of their stupors. It's going to take us losing all liberties for them to finally wake up and by then it will be too late. John Adams said it best "Liberty lost, is lost forever"

Jeremy Tyler
12-25-2011, 09:47 AM
From that article:

Most republican just call themselves tea-party party supporters now even if they are soc-cons or neo-cons.

sailingaway
12-25-2011, 09:49 AM
If Huntsman had Ron's 17 and Ron had Huntsman's 11, does anyone here think it would say 17 was 'just ahead' of 11%?

ronpaulnh2012
12-25-2011, 10:01 AM
some other interesting tidbits from the full results:

Course of Action w/ Iran:
Military Action 16%, Economic and Diplomatic Efforts 63%, Take No Action 15%, Don't Know 6%

Most Consistent Conservative:
Paul 26%, Romney 16%, Gingrich 15%, Bachmann 11%, Huntsman 7%, Other 8%, Don't Know 16%

Most Likely to Flip-Flop on Issues: Romney 36%, Gingrich 22%, ... Paul 1% :) #RonPaul #FITN #nhprimary

Among those DEFINITELY voting in NH Primary: Romney 45%, Paul 26%, Gingrich 13%, Huntsman 12%

If you are interested in more NH updates, please follow us on Twitter (link in sig)

Blue
12-25-2011, 10:02 AM
And the newsletters backfired on the MSM.
NICE!

jbuttell
12-25-2011, 10:07 AM

Military Action 16%, Economic and Diplomatic Efforts 63%, Take No Action 15%, Don't Know 6%

Paul 26%, Romney 16%, Gingrich 15%, Bachmann 11%, Huntsman 7%, Other 8%, Don't Know 16%

Most Likely to Flip-Flop on Issues: Romney 36%, Gingrich 22%, ... Paul 1% :) #RonPaul #FITN #nhprimary

Among those DEFINITELY voting in NH Primary: Romney 45%, Paul 26%, Gingrich 13%, Huntsman 12%

If you are interested in more NH updates, please follow us on Twitter (link in sig)

Good stats for Paul, except for that last one. What I find strange though is how only 26% vs Romney's 45% are DEFINITELY voting.

nbruno322
12-25-2011, 10:10 AM
If Huntsman had Ron's 17 and Ron had Huntsman's 11, does anyone here think it would say 17 was 'just ahead' of 11%?

good point and true...a clear example of bias.

Matthew Zak
12-25-2011, 10:12 AM
From that article:

Yes. The Tea Party was hijacked two years ago. It's been theirs as long as it was ours.

sailingaway
12-25-2011, 10:14 AM
And the newsletters backfired on the MSM.
NICE!

the polling was really a long time ago, actually. It ended the 19th or something, before the biggest smear days.

Blue
12-25-2011, 10:16 AM
the polling was really a long time ago, actually. It ended the 19th or something, before the biggest smear days.

Sigh. Thread title misled me.

jacmicwag
12-25-2011, 10:21 AM
We'll know soon though. Expect some drop I'm afraid but maybe we'll get lucky this time.

Crickett
12-25-2011, 10:33 AM
From that article:

I would understand it from the one meeting I attended in my town. The Tea Party is FOR war. They have the right idea on watching legislators and cutting the size of fed government (IMO) but they are VERY for Flag and against Muslims. I was told to leave when I would not stand for the National Anthem (I find it too warlike) and told I was in the wrong place. (This was over a year ago, when it first started, here). That's another reason I do not believe Ron "started" it, he just made some people more confident in accepting their rightful role in governing.

sailingaway
12-25-2011, 10:43 AM
I would understand it from the one meeting I attended in my town. The Tea Party is FOR war. They have the right idea on watching legislators and cutting the size of fed government (IMO) but they are VERY for Flag and against Muslims. I was told to leave when I would not stand for the National Anthem (I find it too warlike) and told I was in the wrong place. (This was over a year ago, when it first started, here). That's another reason I do not believe Ron "started" it, he just made some people more confident in accepting their rightful role in governing.

the tea party is not monolithic. A ton of self starter tea parties came out all over the country, and regardless of the establishment add ons, those originals didn't disappear.

Omnica
12-25-2011, 11:44 AM
From that article:

Tea Party was coopted by the corporate media to fool people into supporting their corporate candidates.

Their television gives them the power of 24/7/365 non-stop 500 megawatt broadcasting corporate programming.

The teevee is the magical make-a-war box.

Omnica
12-25-2011, 11:45 AM
The Tea Party should stand for the fight against the forces of tyranny, then and Now.

nbruno322
12-25-2011, 12:08 PM
Tea Party was coopted by the corporate media to fool people into supporting their corporate candidates.

Their television gives them the power of 24/7/365 non-stop 500 megawatt broadcasting corporate programming.

The teevee is the magical make-a-war box.

Its a damned shame and no coincidence (thanks to FCC regulations) that liberty minded people can't have their own TV channel that is beamed to every home like Fox, CNN, MSNBC, it is their information monopoly.....makes free speech a joke.

BrooklynZoo
12-25-2011, 12:11 PM
Good stats for Paul, except for that last one. What I find strange though is how only 26% vs Romney's 45% are DEFINITELY voting.

It actually makes perfect sense. Many of those voting for Romney are Massachusetts type moderate Republicans who have some experience with Romney and feel that despite his flaws he is the most electable against Obama. This indicates that we need to focus on Ron's electability, and a win in Iowa and a solid second place finish in New Hampshire can go a long way toward making that case to the public.

After all, since Ron polls as the least likely to flip-flop (1%) and 26% consider him the most consistent conservative, that should mean higher numbers except people don't think he's as likely to beat Obama as Romney. Thus, it's the perception that we need to change, quickly. If trends continue for the next few weeks, our numbers are likely to be stronger than expected, and Newt's weaker than expected.

Steppenwolf6
12-25-2011, 12:15 PM

The last one with Romney voters being the most certain to vote...
just impossible to believe it

BrooklynZoo
12-25-2011, 12:31 PM
The last one with Romney voters being the most certain to vote...
just impossible to believe it

It's like I said. Romney's base of support in NH is moderate Republicans who believe he is the most likely to beat Obama. And although Romney is in many ways a RINO, they really, really do not like Obama or the idea of a second term for him. So they will come out and support Romney because they believe he is most electable. We need to change that narrative.

surf
12-25-2011, 12:38 PM
we need some "independent" NH folks to rock this election
Romney has the support of 39 percent of the state’s likely Republican voters

seeker4sho
12-25-2011, 01:07 PM
Romney leads, Paul rises in N.H. poll

Gingrich’s surge muted as 1st US primary nears

By Michael Levenson | GLOBE STAFF DECEMBER 25, 2011

Newt Gingrich’s surge has slowed and Ron Paul has gained momentum, but Mitt Romney remains the clear front-runner in New Hampshire with a little more than two weeks until the nation’s first primary, according to a new Boston Globe poll.

Romney has the support of 39 percent of the state’s likely Republican voters, a drop of 3 percentage points since last month but a strong indication he is weathering Gingrich’s national comeback in a state vital to his campaign.

In the closely watched contest for second place, Gingrich and Paul are tied with 17 percent each, just ahead of Jon Huntsman, who has the support of 11 percent of likely Republican voters.

But as the race hurtles toward the Jan. 10 primary, Paul has been gaining the most in New Hampshire. His support has risen by 5 percentage points since November, while Huntsman has picked up 3 percentage points in the last month and Gingrich has gained 2.

The momentum for Paul raises the prospect that he, not Gingrich, could emerge as the strongest early challenger to Romney if the Texas congressman can hold on to his lead in Iowa and capture second place in New Hampshire.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2011/12/25/romney-leads-paul-rises-poll/At0SqxcEVf4vI05E65ip0O/story.html

Please note in the article, only 16% would support an attack on Iran now. Romney has made it crystal clear he will attack Iran if elected! I hope to God the Official Campaign will pick up on this and use it against Romney before the NH primary.

Steppenwolf #21 above is right on!

seapilot
12-25-2011, 01:36 PM
From that article:

I would ask anyone that claims to be a tea party supporter if they view themselves as part of the ruling establishment or they anti-establishment? If they say I am not part of the ruling establishment, then ask them why are they voting for an establishment candidate over an anti-establishment?

Steppenwolf6
12-27-2011, 03:42 PM
It's like I said. Romney's base of support in NH is moderate Republicans who believe he is the most likely to beat Obama. And although Romney is in many ways a RINO, they really, really do not like Obama or the idea of a second term for him. So they will come out and support Romney because they believe he is most electable. We need to change that narrative.

naaa..to comfirm my point today appeared a poll(ok not a N.H poll but tells a lot),here in the forum, showing Romney's are the least enthusiastic,convinced voters!
Ony 10% would of them not change their mind!
A ridiculously low number.
( Paul's the highest,of course)