PDA

View Full Version : Could a recession put Ron Paul in the White House?

Adamsa
11-08-2007, 04:52 PM
Looking back at US history and how FDR won over Herbert Hoover because of the Great Depression, do you think sudden bad economic circumstances could put the most vocal economic candidate into the White House?

ronpaulfan
11-08-2007, 04:53 PM
That was your six hundredth and sixty sixth post.....:eek:

Isupportliberty
11-08-2007, 04:54 PM
The Mark Of The Beast!

edit: oooh very clever stopping people from typing in all caps.

Elwar
11-08-2007, 04:55 PM
I'm starting to think we're already in a recession but we're printing money so quickly that the economy seems like it's doing ok. Plus the unemployment numbers are low so a lot of people have jobs where their salary is going down but they're satisfied because at least they're working (albeit harder every day for less actual compensation).

Richandler
11-08-2007, 04:56 PM
It can't when all the news talks about is anything but the right reasons behind it.

CasualApathy
11-08-2007, 04:56 PM
AAAAAHHH!

Run away!

http://images.quizilla.com/J/jackee/1037956181_-sir-robin.jpg

Adamsa
11-08-2007, 04:57 PM
Im in ur baysment, blowin up ur parlment.

benhaskins
11-08-2007, 04:59 PM
it cant hurt. socialized medicine and expanding the war seem less popular all the time.

Shaun
11-08-2007, 05:04 PM
Agreed. Smart analysis.
I think you are right...
Good work.

Nash
11-08-2007, 05:08 PM
It will certainly help considering the economy is basically his #2 issue.

We're seeing a perfect storm of unfortunate events that may result in a very fortunate outcome. There is no way this campaign would get legs if we a) weren't at war and b) weren't on the road the financial oblivion.

In the end it's really all about the money. The economy is more important to voters than even the war, even though we have come to the realization that they are intrinsically tied together.

Vonhayek7
11-08-2007, 05:14 PM
I'm afraid he'd get it during a recession and couldn't get his way (besides foreign policy) because people would be clamoring for more government. Then setting a bad example of libertarian politics for years haha.

Yeah, i'm negative.

AceNZ
11-08-2007, 05:17 PM
I'm starting to think we're already in a recession but we're printing money so quickly that the economy seems like it's doing ok. Plus the unemployment numbers are low so a lot of people have jobs where their salary is going down but they're satisfied because at least they're working (albeit harder every day for less actual compensation).

We are already in a recession. The government is manipulating the reported GDP numbers to try to fool people (and the markets) that we aren't.

Unemployment numbers are likewise manipulated. They no longer count people who have been unemployed for a long time (the so-called "discouraged workers" were defined out of existance during the Clinton Administration). Real unemployment is around 12%. Consumer price inflation is around 10%.

Have a look at the Shadow Government Stats (http://www.shadowstats.com/cgi-bin/sgs/data) site for more details.