PDA

View Full Version : DRUDGE: Raw footage shows Ron Paul didn't storm out of CNN interview...

blabam
12-25-2011, 08:16 AM
mod: go through drudge link to thank him for coverage www.drudgereport.com

Article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2078343/Raw-footage-shows-Ron-Paul-DIDNT-storm-CNN-interview-racist-newsletters--interview-simply-done.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Joe3113
12-25-2011, 08:19 AM
Well done drudge. He's a stand up guy. Has been very fair to us.

sailingaway
12-25-2011, 08:21 AM
I was just going to post this! I hope people check in on Christmas.... :(

No Free Beer
12-25-2011, 09:17 AM
I don't know if this was already posted.

Sorry if it was.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2078343/Raw-footage-shows-Ron-Paul-DIDNT-storm-CNN-interview-racist-newsletters--interview-simply-done.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

neverseen
12-25-2011, 09:24 AM
He looks like a BOSS in that pic :D

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/jTIQwQx6g8TYPTGS2tODYg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD0zMDk7cT04NTt3PTQ1MA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/Reuters/2011-12-23T135628Z_1_BTRE7BM12Q700_RTROPTP_2_USA.JPG

Jtorsella
12-25-2011, 09:26 AM
Drudge is a great guy.

TomtheTinker
12-25-2011, 09:46 AM
To all the drudge haters...Please stop.

nbruno322
12-25-2011, 09:50 AM
I don't see this on Drudge....down already?

sailingaway
12-25-2011, 09:54 AM

no, right hand column under the picture of Ron in the car.

phill4paul
12-25-2011, 09:54 AM

Right hand side under the picture of him in the limo?

Blue
12-25-2011, 09:57 AM

Scroll down a bit and its on the right side of the page.

Cap
12-25-2011, 09:59 AM
Again, very fair of Matt Drudge.

idiom
12-25-2011, 09:59 AM
CNN is going to eat it now.

Blue
12-25-2011, 10:01 AM
CNN is going to eat it now.

They'll just flip from the racist side to the "how can he run a country if he can't properly run a newsletter" side.

William R
12-25-2011, 10:10 AM
bump

idiom
12-25-2011, 10:11 AM
I mean in the same way other opportunistic rags chewed up CBS for the 89 seconds.

I was really shonky journalism and eaisly shown. Pity most of the write ups are coming from overseas...

WD-NY
12-25-2011, 10:50 AM
I'm starting to think that john stewart has the power to make or break this issue for Ron (since Ron doesn't want to draw any more attention to it).

Im hoping/praying that Stewart does an extended intro that not only makes a mockery of the establishment media's (right & left) breathless coverage of this story but also SHAMES THEM for having the audacity to attack a man with a 30 year public record like Pauls.

There are a few different ways Stewart could level a devastating blow against the coverage of the newsletters. I suspect that some of the 'contextualizing' clips would be

- soundbites of reporters saying stuff like "theres no video of Ron Paul saying anything like this in public", "clearly Ron Paul did not write these letters", "I've never heard Ron Paul say anything close to this ever", etc.

- clips of breathless, 'is Ron Paul a racist', righteous indignation from pro-war, pro-patriot act, anti-Muslim neocons, etc

- clips of Ron Paul being the opposite of racist (e.g like that YouTube video thats gone viral), news reports of delivering babies for free, quotes from his books, etc. followed up by Stewart showing mock confusion "wait.. I'm supposed to believe that the guy who we can only find video of him being the exact opposite of a racist is anything but?? Yada yada..."

And if he wanted to really take the gloves off he could work in the bit about Gloria Borger's husband, CNN editing promoting the video to make it seem like Ron "cut the interview short"

FA.Hayek
12-25-2011, 10:51 AM
we need get Jon Stewart to do a special on all this obscenity from the media

12-25-2011, 10:53 AM
Is this good or bad? I'd rather people didn't read any newsletter stories and it died.

captain
12-25-2011, 10:53 AM
CNN tried to make it look bad for Ron Paul and it BACKFIRED in their faces!!!

idiom
12-25-2011, 10:58 AM
If we are lucky the story stops being about the Newsletters and starts being about CNN's hatchet job. One thing about the MSM, they eat their own with habanero sauce.

Conza88
12-25-2011, 10:58 AM
They'll just flip from the racist side to the "how can he run a country if he can't properly run a newsletter" side.

Which is equally retarded given he doesn't want to 'run the country', he wants to abolish said bs departments. So that's not an issue at all :cool:.

tremendoustie
12-25-2011, 11:05 AM
That article's not that great. It doesn't mention that that's not Ron's signature, that Paul voted for MLK day and has always spoken of him as his hero, that nothing he's said or written matches this in style or substance, etc.

12-25-2011, 11:09 AM
The problem is that it keeps the newsletters front and center. Yeah the story is about the hit interview, but they have to preface that with the fact that it was about the newsletters.

Feeding the Abscess
12-25-2011, 11:40 AM
That article's not that great. It doesn't mention that that's not Ron's signature, that Paul voted for MLK day and has always spoken of him as his hero, that nothing he's said or written matches this in style or substance, etc.

He voted against MLK day, but did vote for changing it to a Monday.

What a man: while he disagreed with the holiday, he still voted to have it fall on a weekday, so kids could be taken out of their indoctrination centers if only for a day.

squirekyle
12-25-2011, 11:42 AM
Great backfire. Hey, with Ron Paul in 1st, what do you expect? The haters have to find SOMETHING bad about him. :D

satchelmcqueen
12-25-2011, 12:14 PM
aint it so funny and iRONic (get it? i-RON-ic) that cnn not only edited the interview to slant bad against ron, but that they also had to release the REAL unedited interview to fight off making themselves look bad. BUT they gave us the evidence that they did a hit job on ron. lol at cnn.

SpiritOf1776_J4
12-25-2011, 01:44 PM
To all the drudge haters...Please stop.

Dumb.

SpiritOf1776_J4
12-25-2011, 01:50 PM

Really? I looked up some of the stuff MLK said - I think Jesus is Lord site had it, and MLK was definitely an apostate.

The Jesus is Lord site btw is run by a Christian black immigrant from (New Guinea)?.

I don't have to be idolatrous to a man to not be a racist. In fact, the majority of the elite men in this world are no good, and the more you dig, the worse they look. I frequently look into the background of every worldly famous man. I'm always turning up the worst scandals. The public hides them and wants to worship lies.

SpiritOf1776_J4
12-25-2011, 02:07 PM
Was Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
A Christian?

Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you!
for so did their fathers to the false prophets.
Luke 6:26

***PREFACE***

Given the subject of this article--Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.--there is something that I want to establish here. I'm Black and there are some things that I'm glad about as a Black person. I'm glad that I don't have to sit in the back of the bus when I choose to ride one. I'm glad that I was able to attend the University of my choice. I'm glad that my husband can work in a good career. I'm glad that when we stay at a hotel we don't have to enter through the back door. I'm glad that we can eat at whatever restaurant we want to and that we don't have to stand in the kitchen to eat our food. I'm glad that I don't have to look for a "colored" sign when I need to relieve myself or when I want a drink of water. I'M GLAD ABOUT THESE THINGS. Martin Luther King, Jr. had a part in bringing these things about.
BUT
I am not defined by my color (though there are those that would choose to define me so). I am defined by Who my Father is. I have repented of my sins and I have believed in the death, burial, and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. I have been saved by the blood of Jesus and I am a child of God. THAT is who I am. I serve the ONLY wise God and Saviour Jesus Christ. I don't serve myself anymore. My life is all about Jesus. It wasn't always, but it is now. If there be any good thing that springs forth from my life it comes from Jesus Christ my Sinbearer, my Saviour, and my Master.

http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/king.htm

I looked up the references, they look right.

This is frequently what happens when you look up the background of any wordly famous man that is lauded too much. We live in an apostate world, and what is actually going on is many times not what is claimed.

papitosabe
12-25-2011, 02:29 PM
did y'all hear the end of the interview... RP "I understand how the system works"...... That was gold!

Trigonx
12-25-2011, 02:41 PM
It's insane how viral that video has gone. Once the views update on that video it will be beyond 300k views.

Sublyminal
12-25-2011, 02:46 PM
It's insane how viral that video has gone. Once the views update on that video it will be beyond 300k views.

People are seeing the truth, they're now seeing the MSM for the scumbags they really are.

Cody1
12-25-2011, 02:57 PM
I thought it was pure sex with the way Ron handled her foreign policy BS question. IT'S THE TERRORISTS@!!!! KILL UM ALL!!!

affa
12-25-2011, 03:19 PM
I'm starting to think that john stewart has the power to make or break this issue for Ron (since Ron doesn't want to draw any more attention to it).

Im hoping/praying that Stewart does an extended intro that not only makes a mockery of the establishment media's (right & left) breathless coverage of this story but also SHAMES THEM for having the audacity to attack a man with a 30 year public record like Pauls.

There are a few different ways Stewart could level a devastating blow against the coverage of the newsletters. I suspect that some of the 'contextualizing' clips would be

- soundbites of reporters saying stuff like "theres no video of Ron Paul saying anything like this in public", "clearly Ron Paul did not write these letters", "I've never heard Ron Paul say anything close to this ever", etc.

- clips of breathless, 'is Ron Paul a racist', righteous indignation from pro-war, pro-patriot act, anti-Muslim neocons, etc

- clips of Ron Paul being the opposite of racist (e.g like that YouTube video thats gone viral), news reports of delivering babies for free, quotes from his books, etc. followed up by Stewart showing mock confusion "wait.. I'm supposed to believe that the guy who we can only find video of him being the exact opposite of a racist is anything but?? Yada yada..."

And if he wanted to really take the gloves off he could work in the bit about Gloria Borger's husband, CNN editing promoting the video to make it seem like Ron "cut the interview short"

i seriously, seriously hope that when Stewart returns to the air (likely 1/2/2012) he does a piece giving love to Ron Paul. He clearly respects and likes Ron Paul, even if he doesn't agree with him on everything. He clearly does his research, and is logical, and knows Ron Paul isn't even close to racist.

Jon Stewart has the chance to blow this issue wide open, and really support Ron Paul. He knows Ron Paul is the only one (including Obama) that will end the wars. He's terribly upset with Obama over many issues, including the wars, the NDAA, and other key disappointments.

I don't think he'll ever come out and endorse Ron Paul, but there is a very, very decent chance he'll support him right now. And it could be damning to the establishment.

DamianTV
12-25-2011, 04:31 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2078343/Raw-footage-shows-Ron-Paul-DIDNT-storm-CNN-interview-racist-newsletters--interview-simply-done.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Reports that Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul stormed out of a CNN interview earlier this week seem to be dramatically over-exaggerated.

Raw footage of the Thursday interview shows that it lasted nearly ten minutes, which is not unusually brief on the campaign trail.

After discussing foreign policy, the payroll tax, negative advertisements, and super fund PACs, the interview concluded with three whole minutes of discussion on the issue of the incendiary racist and homophobic letters that were published in Mr Paul's name in the Eighties and Nineties.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RLonnC_ZWQ0

(more on link, I only grabbed the first 3 lines and the vid)

AGRP
12-25-2011, 05:22 PM
How honest of them to attack him with something that's been dispelled for decades.

Edward777
12-25-2011, 06:13 PM
CNN ceased to be credible years ago.