PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul to Hold Veterans' Rally on the 28th

Gravik
12-24-2011, 08:53 PM
http://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com/2011/12/19/ron-paul-to-host-dec-28-rally-for-veterans/

Ron Paul will hold a veterans rally in Des Moines on Dec. 28, demonstrating his commitment to veterans, active-duty military personnel and their families.

The event, which is open to supporters of all ages regardless of veteran status, will be begin at 7 p.m. at the Knapp Learning Center, located on the State Fair Grounds in Des Moines.

Doors will open to the public at 6:30 p.m. To enter 30 minutes early and secure a seat near the front of the room, RSVP for the rally by clicking here.

Paul himself is an Air Force veteran. In the second and third quarters, the Texas congressman netted more donations from active-duty military personnel than all Republican presidential candidates combined, and more than that of President Barack Obama.

The rally will recognize the service of U.S. troops returning home from Iraq, and will provide opportunities for people to learn more about “Veterans for Ron Paul.”

Several Iowans have joined the national coalition in the last few weeks, and Paul’s state campaign is led by Drew Ivers, a combat-wounded U.S. Army veteran awarded a purple heart for injuries he sustained while serving in Vietnam.

“I’ve never met a more humble, honest, and capable patriot in my lifetime,” Ivers said. “ As Ron Paul salutes his fellow Veterans here in Iowa, I’m proud to return that salute.”