PDA

View Full Version : I met someone toying with the idea of voting for Ron Paul

Matthew Zak
12-24-2011, 08:46 PM
My roommate brought a friend home last night, and this morning she noticed my desktop background. She was apparently already considering voting for Ron Paul, but her reasons were because "He seems less stuck in the left versus right paradigm than the other candidates". She really didn't know about his issues and didn't seem to take a stance on any of them. But she did say that she felt strongly that the country would be a better place if our representatives weren't there just to play the role of democrat or republican. She said we need to have reps who remember that they work for us, not the other way around. She seems like the kind of person who is eager to talk about her opinions and perspective, and she's smart.

So I gave her my Ron Paul book, "The Revolution: A Manifesto". She was genuinely thankful, and assured me that she loves to read.

She is a traveler, who will likely not be back in the states until some time late in 2012. So she'll have plenty of time to read, and she will literally be traveling the world with a new focus and a new weapon at her disposal.

I never thought I would GIVE that book away, but I felt that it would help the revolution if I gave it to her, specifically.

coastie
12-24-2011, 08:48 PM
wow, I wish "friends" I've brought home in the past were even half as intelligent as this young lady seems to be...

dskalkowski
12-24-2011, 08:50 PM
Wow, very kind of you. I keep two copies my Revolution: A Manifesto, incase I ever have to give it out. Always keep my original though.