PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul subliminal message on TV

PaulStandsTall
12-24-2011, 02:47 PM
On the show Breaking Bad on AMC, earlier this season (4) in episode 4, the main character Walter White is flipping through a notebook which contains methamphetamine formulas, and there is a really quick shot of a big RON PAUL 2008 sticker on a page! Haha!

It was so fast I had to back it up to be sure I saw what I thought I saw. Sure enough it was there! :)

Maybe there's a libertarian producer or two behind the scenes?

JuicyG
12-24-2011, 02:51 PM
That chemist declared himself a libertarian in one of the episodes. Think it`s the 1st or 2nd episode, right after he`s introduced into the show.

slamhead
04-23-2012, 09:08 AM
On the show Breaking Bad on AMC, earlier this season (4) in episode 4, the main character Walter White is flipping through a notebook which contains methamphetamine formulas, and there is a really quick shot of a big RON PAUL 2008 sticker on a page! Haha!

It was so fast I had to back it up to be sure I saw what I thought I saw. Sure enough it was there! :)

Maybe there's a libertarian producer or two behind the scenes?

I had to find this older thread and comment. I recently just finished all four seasons. I am thinking that someone involved with that show is a Ron Paul supporter. I also caught that subliminal message. I had to go back and pause the screen. I took a picture of the sticker. It was a 2008 campaign sticker. This was not the first plug for Ron Paul on that show. In season three there was some background chatter going on in a dinner and the people at a different table were talking about Ron Paul.

Sentient Void
08-19-2012, 10:27 PM
I had to find this older thread and comment. I recently just finished all four seasons. I am thinking that someone involved with that show is a Ron Paul supporter. I also caught that subliminal message. I had to go back and pause the screen. I took a picture of the sticker. It was a 2008 campaign sticker. This was not the first plug for Ron Paul on that show. In season three there was some background chatter going on in a dinner and the people at a different table were talking about Ron Paul.

I just finished season 4 myself, amazing show. Blown away by the ron paul sticker in the notebook, and the libertarian statements by gale... I didn't see it, but I heard there was another episode where it showed gales car and it had a Ron Paul bumper sticker.

I don't remember hearing the chatter... Do you recall what was said? Or which episode it might have been so i can catch it myself?

trey4sports
08-27-2012, 01:36 PM
IIRC i read an interview and the Vince Gilligan was asked about it and he didnt seem to be a supporter or anything. Also, Giancarlo Esposito is a big lefty. He lobbies congress for funding for leftist programs.

heavenlyboy34
08-27-2012, 01:38 PM
I'm too cool to watch TV. :cool:

Dr.3D
08-27-2012, 02:10 PM
It's probably just there to make it look like it goes along with the 'Ron Paul supporters are just a bunch of dopers.' idea that has been pushed in the past.

NoOneButPaul
08-27-2012, 02:26 PM
Gale, the chemist, talks about how he was a Libertarian and felt that everyone should have control over their own bodies.

He cooked meth because he liked knowing that the stuff he made was safer for people.

He was a libertarian in the show, which is why he supported Ron Paul, there was no subliminal messaging...