PDA

View Full Version : UNSTOPPABLE:Paul Gains 5% on Gingrich & Romney in 5 days among GOP voters, despite smears

humanic
12-24-2011, 03:53 AM
Five days ago, on Sunday, December 18, Gallup had Iowa frontrunner Ron Paul trailing Gingrich by 18% nationally among registered GOP voters, and Romney by 14%.

Today, Gallup shows that Gingrich’s lead over Paul has shrunk to 13%, and Romney’s to the single digit range — 9%.

In other words, Ron Paul has gained 5% on both Gingrich and Romney among Republican voters nationally over the past 5 days, despite aggressive and fraudulent attempts by the Establishment media to discredit and marginalize him.

Here's a brief timeline to put it in context...

http://www.theendrun.com/ron-paul-gains-5-on-gingrich-and-romney-in-5-days-despite-smears-gallup

Adam West
12-24-2011, 03:55 AM
Blowback.

RickyJ
12-24-2011, 03:57 AM
The ceiling keeps rising. :D

Echoes
12-24-2011, 04:05 AM

The white house better have high ceilings.

Sentinelrv
12-24-2011, 04:40 AM
And these are national numbers!

Student Of Paulism
12-24-2011, 04:49 AM
Lol thread total should be RONSTOPPABLE, from Kimpossible :D

Sola_Fide
12-24-2011, 04:51 AM
Average Republicans are at least hearing Ron's name on these news broadcasts and probably checking him out.

Joe3113
12-24-2011, 04:58 AM

Now, now. Ron Paul has a ceiling. That is a definite. He can't possibly get more than 100% of the vote, and so he has no chance to win the nomination.

humanic
12-24-2011, 05:10 AM
Exactly. I'm looking at Gallup's data, and this is THE BEST Dr. Paul has polled with GOP voters at the national level in the past two months, possibly ever. He's up 3% in the past 5 days, and 5% since his lowest point this month.

Meanwhile Gingrich seems to just be going down and down. As the OP in this thread says he's lost 2% in the past 5 days, but if you go even further back he's lost 11% since his peak earlier this month.

If anyone has a "ceiling" it's Romney, considering that he's been in the same range of a few points for the past 2 months+.

Again, this is registered Republicans nationwide people. Romney's lead over Ron among GOP voters at the national level is single digit now, and Gingrich's ain't much better -- and he's been falling.

SonofThunder
12-24-2011, 05:49 AM
I would like to say that it is possible that this has caused people to go out and read the Ron Paul newsletters to find out if they were racist or not, and people have done so and found lots of wisdom and accurate predictions along with some pretty mildly racial remarks, and judged for themselves that "hey, this guy knows what is going on."

That's giving people way too much credit though.

ronpaulyourmom
12-24-2011, 05:55 AM
I would like to say that it is possible that this has caused people to go out and read the Ron Paul newsletters to find out if they were racist or not, and people have done so and found lots of wisdom and accurate predictions along with some pretty mildly racial remarks, and judged for themselves that "hey, this guy knows what is going on."

Way too much, heck I haven't even read much of em. I don't need to, Ron's actions for the past two decades tell me all I need to know.

SonofThunder
12-24-2011, 05:58 AM
Way too much, heck I haven't even read much of em. I don't need to, Ron's actions for the past two decades tell me all I need to know.

I haven't read em either, but that's because I've read almost everything the man has written over the last 4 years and I've probably watched every youtube video of him over that time span as well.

But still, you would hope that people would actually go back and read a newsletter, just one, before condemning him based on this ridiculous attack.

That brings to mind: has anyone actually published a complete newsletter, no, even just one complete article from the newsletter, in any of these hit pieces?

merrimac
12-24-2011, 06:04 AM
I'm not going to be happy until I see an actual trend in RP's favor. Points can go up and down but I want to see them go in a direction.

milo10
12-24-2011, 06:23 AM

I think what has happened was that the outrage over the newsletters seemed too phony and contrived, and of course too much based on political correctness for the typical Republican.

If others polls confirm these recent gains, I tend to think the media will go back once again to ignoring Ron as much as possible. Unfortunately for them, that genie ain't going back in the bottle.

da32130
12-24-2011, 07:19 AM
I think the rise comes from doing well in Iowa. The newsletters may just be getting people more exposure to this fact and encouraging them to learn more about Paul (maybe in a negative fashion at first but then being convinced).

sofia
12-24-2011, 08:50 AM
In other words, Ron Paul has gained 5% on both Gingrich and Romney among Republican voters nationally over the past 5 days, despite aggressive and fraudulent attempts by the Establishment media to discredit and marginalize him.

http://www.theendrun.com/ron-paul-gains-5-on-gingrich-and-romney-in-5-days-despite-smears-gallup

Not "despite" the media.....BECAUSE OF IT(at least partly)!

I have a neo-connish acquaintance that recently converted to Ron Paul cuz he was pissed off at what the media did to him last week.

Keep it coming media! I'll take this over the silent treatment any day!

MsDoodahs
12-24-2011, 09:00 AM
The attacks have also opened the eyes of many people as to motives of some so called "conservatives" in the media who absolutely are NOT conservatives.

Best thing in the world for real conservatives to realize those fakes ARE fakes, and have been lying to 'em - some have been lying to 'em for YEARS!

Brett85
12-24-2011, 09:03 AM
Did anybody really think that the "newsletters" would hurt Ron? Being accused of being a racist is probably a net positive in a GOP primary.

FreedomProsperityPeace
12-24-2011, 09:09 AM
I'm not sure if the newsletters are registering in this poll. The last day was the 22nd, and the big smear campaign started that day, didn't it?

rideurlightning
12-24-2011, 09:30 AM
An idea who's time has come...

PaulConventionWV
12-24-2011, 09:34 AM
Did anybody really think that the "newsletters" would hurt Ron? Being accused of being a racist is probably a net positive in a GOP primary.

You have got to be kidding.

KingNothing
12-24-2011, 09:37 AM
The rondisiputed heavyweight ronpion of the world!

Ronstoppable!

KingNothing
12-24-2011, 09:39 AM
You have got to be kidding.

If his point is that some republicans like to see liberals and the liberal media in a tizzy, and that they tend to appreciate Republicans who can cause that to happen, I agree with him. If his point is that the race card is so overplayed nowadays that voters will be sympathetic to Ron, I agree.

If his point is that racism has an appeal... well... I do not agree.

PaulConventionWV
12-24-2011, 09:39 AM
Unfortunately this was my thought all along, but in the general, this crap needs to be squashed. I know Obummer will try and make it the key issue in the run up to the White House. What else can he argue with Ron on?

Take my word for it... that won't happen. Obama knows that, if he plays the race card again, it's not going to be a popular move, especially with something as fuzzy as this. If he tries to accuse Ron of being a racist, it will almost certainly be seen as a smear attack, and he doesn't want to stoop that low. Well, maybe he wants to, but it wouldn't go over well. Why do you think none of the candidates have brought that up in the past?

Think about it. It'll be taken as a "just because he's black" thing. He doesn't want that kind of politicking on him, especially when he has been the idealistic candidate of "hope and change" in the past.

PaulConventionWV
12-24-2011, 09:40 AM
If his point is that some republicans like to see liberals and the liberal media in a tizzy, and that they tend to appreciate Republicans who can cause that to happen, I agree with him. If his point is that the race card is so overplayed nowadays that voters will be sympathetic to Ron, I agree.

My sentiment exactly.

sailingaway
12-24-2011, 09:43 AM
Lol thread total should be RONSTOPPABLE, from Kimpossible :D

I agree. The OP can pm me if he wants it changed back, since it is his thread.

sailingaway
12-24-2011, 09:44 AM

Unfortunately, that is what some leftists are pretending to believe and it smears Ron's voters. I think they are aiming at the young and crossover voters who are used to listening to that sort of thing. WE certainly shouldn't encourage that thought. I would have deleted it, but it has been quoted multiple times, above.

abstrusezincate
12-24-2011, 10:08 AM
I know quite a few Republicans who upon hearing Gingrich's comments about the judiciary concluded he's nuts. I suspect that's costing him big time.

As long as no late charges happen, the race will continue to winnow to Mitt vs. Paul, which is the best opportunity to have a race based upon a real conflict of ideas. I think Romney would want to play it that way, as would Paul.

humanic
12-24-2011, 04:05 PM
Another thing worth mentioning...

Someone over at Daily Paul suggested that perhaps this boost came from Johnson dropping out. Not so. Here are the changes during this 5 day period:

Gingrich: -2%
Romney: -2%
Paul: +3%
Bachmann: -1%
Santorum: -1%
Hustman: -1%
Perry: +2%
"Other" (Johnson?): +1%

The 5% swing did not come from Johnson.

Also, the poll was conducted between 12/18 and 12/22 . Johnson didn't announce he was dropping out until the 20th I don't think, and that news takes times to travel. Probably why the percentage for "other" (predominantly Johnson I assume) did not go down. So actually, Ron might be on the verge of picking up another point or two, considering that "other" was still at 3% when the last poll was conducted. Johnson supporters are most likely to come to Paul, and he is even encouraging them to support Paul on his website now.

Again, as you can see, Romney and Gingrich lost 4% collectively.

Uriah
12-24-2011, 04:16 PM
Awesome!

thesnake742
12-24-2011, 04:17 PM
and he is even encouraging them to support Paul on his website now.

[/QUOTE]

Just saw that. So awesome. It says "support gary johnson. Support ron paul. Liberty needs all of us" this is honestly probably detrimental to his own campaign but shows that he understands why we need a libertarian.

muh_roads
12-24-2011, 04:18 PM
So unfair the amount of money Romney has with his corporatist buddies. If only we could've dumped that much money into NH, Nevada, SC & Florida in the same manner that was dumped into Iowa we'd be so golden.

helmuth_hubener
12-24-2011, 04:50 PM
I would like to say that it is possible that this has caused people to go out and read the Ron Paul newsletters to find out if they were racist or not, and people have done so and found lots of wisdom and accurate predictions along with some pretty mildly racial remarks, and judged for themselves that "hey, this guy knows what is going on."Anyone actually doing this -- going back and reading some of the newsletters -- would not be able to find any racial remarks, actually, mild or otherwise. They were extremely isolated -- a few out-of-context sentences cherry-picked from hundreds and hundreds of pages.

jacmicwag
12-24-2011, 04:54 PM
Polls in about 3 days coming out of Iowa will tell the story. Fingers crossed.

jax
12-24-2011, 04:57 PM
5% nationally in 5 days is massive. Blowback.

fuzzybekool
12-24-2011, 04:57 PM
I only got one word. BELIEVE !

jax
12-24-2011, 05:00 PM
Another thing worth mentioning...

Someone over at Daily Paul suggested that perhaps this boost came from Johnson dropping out. Not so. Here are the changes during this 5 day period:

Gingrich: -2%
Romney: -2%
Paul: +3%
Bachmann: -1%
Santorum: -1%
Hustman: -1%
Perry: +2%
"Other" (Johnson?): +1%

The 5% swing did not come from Johnson.

Also, the poll was conducted between 12/18 and 12/22 . Johnson didn't announce he was dropping out until the 20th I don't think, and that news takes times to travel. Probably why the percentage for "other" (predominantly Johnson I assume) did not go down. So actually, Ron might be on the verge of picking up another point or two, considering that "other" was still at 3% when the last poll was conducted. Johnson supporters are most likely to come to Paul, and he is even encouraging them to support Paul on his website now.

Again, as you can see, Romney and Gingrich lost 4% collectively.

Gary johnson for vp? I can dig that 1-2 combo

MrTudo
12-24-2011, 05:03 PM
Blowback.

Collateral Damage

Michigan11
12-24-2011, 05:04 PM
The resistance is mounting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTDwIN9oLvY

robertwerden
12-24-2011, 05:13 PM
TEFLON-RON

james1906
12-24-2011, 05:25 PM
Notice with Cain, there were numerous women stepping out and making accusations. With the newsletter controversy, nobody has come out to say Ron Paul made racist, sexist, etc statements.

I said this in another thread, but Ralph Lauren doesn't inspect every shirt and George Foreman doesn't inspect every grill.

rprprs
12-24-2011, 05:49 PM
I'm not sure if the newsletters are registering in this poll. The last day was the 22nd, and the big smear campaign started that day, didn't it?

Point taken. I'm not saying these attacks will have any negative polling impact, I'm just saying it's still too early to tell.

Student Of Paulism
12-24-2011, 05:53 PM
Actually, this started when you go all the way back to when Hannity brought it up, at the last debate and a day before that on his radio show, but it's been in full force for this whole week. So new polls coming this Monday should show us what the effects will be.

humanic
12-25-2011, 06:58 PM

No, it was started by the Weekly Standard on December 17th or 18th, and it was all over the media by the 19th and 20th. (I'm not hyperlinking to the articles because I don't want to improve their Google Rank, but you can search for them.)

New Focus on Incendiary Words in Paul’s Newsletters New York Times, December 19, 2011 (appeared in print on Dec 20)
Gingrich-Linked Propagandist Recycles Debunked “Racist” Ron Paul Smear (http://www.infowars.com/gingrich-linked-propagandist-recycles-debunked-racist-ron-paul-smear/) Infowars, December 19, 2011
Ron Paul 2012: About Those Racist Newsletters… International Business Times, December 19, 2011
Ron Paul's Foul Old Newsletters Back in the News Reason, December 20, 2011
Ron Paul Denies Writing Past Newsletters Featuring Racial Slurs, Huffington Post, December 20, 2011
Here's The Real Story Behind Ron Paul's Racist Newsletter International Business Times, December 20, 2011
Ron Paul disavows racist newsletters under his name CBS News, December 20, 2011

etc etc...

NancyNYC
12-25-2011, 08:03 PM
Did anybody really think that the "newsletters" would hurt Ron? Being accused of being a racist is probably a net positive in a GOP primary.I disagree with that. I'm of the belief that true racists are a definite minority in the population of Americans, and that neither the Rs or Ds have a lock on people of that mindset.
I think it's more likely people are hearing the lame accusations of racism from the media and rightfully concluding, "That's it? That's the worst they can come up with? Well, if those weak charges, for which he's offered the same quite plausible explanation all the times he's been asked about them, are all they've managed to find on the guy in all this time, then that makes him morally and ethically head and shoulders way above the rest of the bunch."

I suspect the surge we're seeing right now in Dr. Paul's poll standings is due in large part to people from all points on the political spectrum being woken up by the passage of the NDAA and the role Obama (and his handlers) played in it. How could they not be alarmed and alerted by it?
Plus, the efforts of the grassroots movement, a movement of size and conviction that none of the other candidate can even come close to claiming, have been tremendously successful. So, give yourself a well deserved pat on the back for it, everyone! Then, let's continue to fight the good fight because we're on the right track and we can win this!