PDA

View Full Version : How is this a hit piece?

TheeJoeGlass
12-24-2011, 01:05 AM
If this is the best they've got, good lord. Ron Paul might actually win this thing!

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/12/23/ron_paul_rants_on_trilateral_commission_conspiracy _theories-comments.html

badger4RP
12-24-2011, 01:10 AM
is the x the only change?? not workin for me.

TheViper
12-24-2011, 01:13 AM
is the x the only change?? not workin for me.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/12/23/ron_paul_rants_on_trilateral_commission_conspiracy _theories.html

pauladin
12-24-2011, 01:14 AM
I think they will be going into the conspiracy theory/911 truth attack angle a lot more if we win the caucus.

TheViper
12-24-2011, 01:16 AM
I think they will be going into the conspiracy theory/911 truth attack angle a lot more if we win the caucus.

Which is a much weaker attack angle than the newsletters. The newsletters were their ace in waiting.

sailingaway
12-24-2011, 01:21 AM

they are already trying to pretend he 'dabbles in 9/11 trutherism' because he said the investigation didn't uncover the negligence that allowed 9/11 to occur. Who can doubt that? The mishandling of the underwear bomber shows pretty clearly we still don't have that nut cracked.

sailingaway
12-24-2011, 01:22 AM
Which is a much weaker attack angle than the newsletters. The newsletters were their ace in waiting.

It is all associational. NONE of it is him.

Sentinelrv
12-24-2011, 01:23 AM

This really is ridiculous. All Ron has to do when asked about this is tell them that this is no conspiracy theory and that he's only using the official cause stated by the CIA and the 9/11 commission report. He's using official sources to describe the cause of the attacks, not crazy conspiracy theories. This can't possibly work as a line of attack because it's so ridiculous.

muh_roads
12-24-2011, 01:24 AM
lol...Keep on attacking guys...you're helping our numbers grow.

TheViper
12-24-2011, 01:25 AM
Of course. But since no proof is currently forthcoming, they fall back on the newsletters like a warm blanket. And even then the campaign is winning the tide against it. Poll numbers are still climbing.

That tells me that when he does emerge past the newsletter issue, they won't have much of anything to throw at him that will have any effect at all.

SpiritOf1776_J4
12-24-2011, 01:27 AM

Yes, well, we're doomed because Ron Paul knows us :D

SpiritOf1776_J4
12-24-2011, 01:28 AM
Of course. But since no proof is currently forthcoming, they fall back on the newsletters like a warm blanket. And even then the campaign is winning the tide against it. Poll numbers are still climbing.

Make them actually source it, because they can't because the newsletters don't say the things they're claiming.

Better yet, reprint the whole series. I bet they'd be popular.

TheViper
12-24-2011, 01:37 AM
Make them actually source it, because they can't because the newsletters don't say the things they're claiming.

Better yet, reprint the whole series. I bet they'd be popular.
It was only 8 issues that had the controversial language to begin with. And even then hey had maybe 1 or 2 quotes at mos tin those 8.

sailingaway
12-24-2011, 01:40 AM
It was only 8 issues that had the controversial language to begin with. And even then hey had maybe 1 or 2 quotes at mos tin those 8.

over YEARS

TheeJoeGlass
12-24-2011, 01:41 AM

That tells me that when he does emerge past the newsletter issue, they won't have much of anything to throw at him that will have any effect at all.

They will never stop about the newsletters.

amonasro
12-24-2011, 03:07 AM
They will never stop about the newsletters.

They may persist, but the issue will possibly become like Obama's association with Jeremiah Wright. People are aware of it, and the media drags it out of the closet once in awhile, but his supporters really don't care. IMO Ron is handling the situation the same way as Obama, which is the correct and politically saavy way to handle it.

I personally believe these attacks are just the beginning. The Establishment will drag Ron Paul, his family, his supporters and anyone else they can think of through the mud before this is all over. Get ready for it.

RickyJ
12-24-2011, 03:47 AM

If they can't dig up any dirt on Ron, and I highly doubt they can, they will just manufacture it. They have no problem lying, in fact they enjoy it, and are professionals at it.

They will use anything and everything they can to stop Ron Paul from being the next president. We need to pray for Paul daily, his life is literally on the line here and I am sure he knows it.

S.Shorland
12-24-2011, 04:00 AM
From the Youtubes I've seen,Paul's gripe with 9/11 is that nobody was fired but instead some even were promoted.I've never been a military person but that does sound a little strange to me.He was in your Airforce so maybe it sounds even stranger to him.

blabam
12-24-2011, 05:26 AM
Pay no attention to that "loser" who we are attacking! This will backfire big time... because it's just absurd.

mport1
12-24-2011, 06:33 AM

Yep. I bet they will drag Alex Jones into the mix next by bringing up his more ridiculous conspiracy theories and attacking Ron for going on his show so often.

milo10
12-24-2011, 07:01 AM
Yep. I bet they will drag Alex Jones into the mix next by bringing up his more ridiculous conspiracy theories and attacking Ron for going on his show so often.

Yeah, I think we will definitely see this. The emphasis will probably be on 9/11 Truth, but we will probably also see mention of Bilderberg, chemtrails, and anything else they can think of.

This runs the risk of really backfiring on them. Virtually all Americans believe in at least some conspiracy theories, especially ones that are so accepted they are not called conspiracy theories, like the Military-Industrial Complex or banking interests running the govt. So long as Ron is clear that he doesn't buy into some very speculative stuff like the Govt being behind 9/11, this will probably help him.

acptulsa
12-24-2011, 08:43 AM
You know, they work awfully hard to convince us they're not capable of long term thinking. Awfully hard. That way, when a law designed to screw us works, they can say, 'Who could have foreseen that?' And they love the best defense is a good offense 'Yer a conspiracy theorist!!' defense.

But they are capable of long term thinking, and they are scared of a President Paul for a reason. Well, several reasons, but one is he'll pull the rug off the dirt that was swept under it and take the door off the skeleton closet. Right away.

So, you can expect more everything they say is kooky rhetoric right down the line, because they don't want us paying any attention at all to any revelations that come out of his White House. Yeah, first they'll try to keep him out of the White House. But any tactic they can think of to discredit him will be used, because it might keep him out of the White House and it might keep people from taking seriously what gets exposed once he's in.

And they won't be playing whiffleball. They'll be playing hardball. From here on out.

FreeTraveler
12-24-2011, 09:06 AM
Anybody who believes the government can't pull off a major secret operation simply needs to be reminded of the Manhattan Project. Over 200,000 people involved, and only a relative handful knew what was going on.