PDA

View Full Version : (Hypothetical!) If Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination...

Jerkface
12-23-2011, 09:56 PM
We're in serious trouble.

It occurred to me that whoever becomes the nominee for the Republican party will be the incumbent 4 years from now if they win, delaying further the campaign for liberty. Any of the liberty champions such as Rand won't have a chance to run for another 8 years!
So really, if Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination, we either have 4 more years of familiar bullshit that we've already smelled (Obama), or 8 more years of unknown bullshit that we haven't yet smelled.

I better donate again.

dskalkowski
12-23-2011, 10:00 PM
We really need to get things organized. I have noticed with the rise in the polls, and the aggravation over the newsletters we've sort of let go of our priorities and started to become less consistent with our goal. We need to dismiss the accusations, let the campaign handle them, and continue to push real grassroots effort.

We need to wake up again. It's seriously make or break here.

TheDrakeMan
12-23-2011, 10:05 PM
There's important work to do, such as getting more Libertarians or Paleocons in the Senate. Or a few Libertarian Governors. Not everything is about the Presidency. Especially when you consider the fact we're infiltrating the party and changing the ideas of the average American. Very long process.

sailingaway
12-23-2011, 10:11 PM
phone from home, while we can.

Jerkface
12-23-2011, 10:14 PM
There's important work to do, such as getting more Libertarians or Paleocons in the Senate. Or a few Libertarian Governors. Not everything is about the Presidency. Especially when you consider the fact we're infiltrating the party and changing the ideas of the average American. Very long process.
True. I guess when you consider a Ron Paul win, there's not much he would be able to do without the help of Congress and the Senate, other than veto veto veto (which is good enough for me). His victory would send a message more than anything.

Thanks for the levelheaded reminder!

Warrior_of_Freedom
12-23-2011, 11:00 PM
IF he doesn't, kick Obama out anyway. We're the people. We reserve the right to reset the government if it becomes destructive. Do you think the original revolutionaries waited 4 years?

The Gold Standard
12-23-2011, 11:02 PM
The Republican won't win if it isn't Paul.

TulsaRevolution
12-23-2011, 11:02 PM
We desperately need to win this time around, or we may pass the point of no return with our economy, world standing, and police state.

However, if the establishment wins this time, 4 years from now things might be so crazy that a conventional problem like not being able to challenge an incumbent will be thrown out the window. If we have a dollar collapse, civil unrest, widespread wars overseas, and a larger angrier portion of the population realizes what has been going on all these years, no politician will be safe.

The Free Hornet
12-23-2011, 11:03 PM
True. I guess when you consider a Ron Paul win, there's not much he would be able to do without the help of Congress and the Senate, other than veto veto veto (which is good enough for me). His victory would send a message more than anything.

Most of what the Federal government does is blatantly unconstitutional. With Ron Paul and pro-Constitution attorney general, many laws can be overturned. This could end the DEA, FDA, Obamacare, maybe even SSN and Medicare (on the contribution side). How is one person's individual retirement money the "general welfare"? The brakes could be put on lots of spending. Tie projects up in "Constitutional Review Committees" and other red tape.

You might ask, "Why would the Supreme Court justices change their minds on any issues? Three reasons:

1) The Executive branch will be defending the Constitution.

2) The will of the people

3) The justices are get-along-to-go-along pansies

Warrior_of_Freedom
12-23-2011, 11:04 PM
The Republican won't win if it isn't Paul.Seeing as the same criminals are in bed with both parties, yes--yes they will.

The Free Hornet
12-23-2011, 11:05 PM
As another example, think of Obama and the EPA trying to regulate CO2 without a new law from Congress. Now think about the opposite happening. They'll need wood chipper to dispose of Federal code at a sufficiently rapid pace.

Jack Bauer
12-23-2011, 11:42 PM

It occurred to me that whoever becomes the nominee for the Republican party will be the incumbent 4 years from now if they win, delaying further the campaign for liberty. Any of the liberty champions such as Rand won't have a chance to run for another 8 years!
So really, if Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination, we either have 4 more years of familiar bullshit that we've already smelled (Obama), or 8 more years of unknown bullshit that we haven't yet smelled.

I better donate again.

If Ron Paul isn't the GOP candidate, Obama will win the election.

You can quote me on that.

I will even give you the margin. Zero will win by 12 percentage points.

Anti Federalist
12-23-2011, 11:49 PM
If Ron Paul isn't the GOP candidate, Obama will win the election.

You can quote me on that.

That!

No One But Paul.

Take note GOP rank and file, if you fail to nominate Ron Paul, we, the committed, unwavering, steadfast supporters of same will stay away in 2012.

We will write his name in, we will vote third party, some of us will even vote Obama or we will stay home.

Without us, you lose, and Obama wins, guaranteed.

Your choice...

No One But Paul

tremendoustie
12-24-2011, 01:00 AM

I better donate again.

Paul's the only one who can beat obama imo.

Also, the more important effort is state politics, and to a lesser extent local politics. Try not to have tunnel vision for presidential politics.

tremendoustie
12-24-2011, 01:02 AM
That!

No One But Paul.

Take note GOP rank and file, if you fail to nominate Ron Paul, we, the committed, unwavering, steadfast supporters of same will stay away in 2012.

We will write his name in, we will vote third party, some of us will even vote Obama or we will stay home.

Without us, you lose, and Obama wins, guaranteed.

Your choice...

No One But Paul

yep

jemuf
12-24-2011, 01:10 AM
The Republican won't win if it isn't Paul.

Republican, Democrat, they all seem pretty much the same...except Ron Paul! Sometimes I think that maybe the 2 party system ended awhile ago and this is an illusion. I tend to believe that we are at the mercy of The Establishment...."You win a few, I win a few just as long as the money is coming in to me and my wealthy friends."

For example, look at the latest headline about how congressional Republicans are unhappy with Boehner for settling with Reid. And...Perry was a Democrat who supported Al Gore's 1988 Presidential campaign.

Jack Bauer
12-24-2011, 01:16 AM
Republican, Democrat, they all seem pretty much the same...except Ron Paul! Sometimes I think that maybe the 2 party system ended awhile ago and this is an illusion. I tend to believe that we are at the mercy of The Establishment...."You win a few, I win a few just as long as the money is coming in to me and my wealthy friends."

For example, look at the latest headline about how congressional Republicans are unhappy with Boehner for settling with Reid. And...Perry was a Democrat who supported Al Gore's 1988 Presidential campaign.

If you look at the records of the two parties when in power, their differences ended when Coolidge finished his term.