PDA

View Full Version : Brace for minor turbulence...

afwjam
12-23-2011, 05:48 PM
There is a little over a week to go. Merry Christmas! These are crude, low level smears by the MSM and they look bad especially during Christmas. Be confident this will not hurt our message, if we don't let it. We need to press on to win the Caucus in a little more then a week. Have a Merry Christmas but then I expect you to double your efforts! We need to get on the phones, hit the streets, donate more! The Iowa Caucus is ours to win, these petty media attacks are not going to hurt this message. We have a week to get the word and vote out after Christmas, JUST DO IT!

muh_roads
12-23-2011, 05:51 PM
I really would love to see him take the next states after Iowa so the media really starts diarrhea'ing all over themselves...lol

If they think Iowa doesn't matter and Paul can't win...then why are they piling on the smears?

hueylong
12-23-2011, 06:15 PM
Iowa sets up New Hampshire. The fact is, the campaign has done a great deal of work there, also.

unknown
12-23-2011, 06:20 PM
I really would love to see him take the next states after Iowa so the media really starts diarrhea'ing all over themselves...lol

If they think Iowa doesn't matter and Paul can't win...then why are they piling on the smears?

IKR.

We really need that "Iowa matters" rally.

Student Of Paulism
12-23-2011, 06:31 PM

It would surely be great to see that, and i think that would lock up the nomination right there, if he won NH too, but realistically, i only see a strong 2nd occurring for Ron there. He is just too far behind Mitt in NH, and considering its only 2 and a 1/2 weeks out, there just wouldn't be enough time to make up 15% or so points. Then you have the shady Bill Gardner who is still the SoS of NH, and we all know about the debacle that occurred there last time. If he was leading in NH right now, every single GOP goblin out there would surely do all they can to stop it.

wgadget
12-23-2011, 06:35 PM

Vote for mainstream media diarrhea...Vote RON PAUL!

mosquitobite
12-23-2011, 06:41 PM
It would surely be great to see that, and i think that would lock up the nomination right there, if he won NH too, but realistically, i only see a strong 2nd occurring for Ron there. He is just too far behind Mitt in NH, and considering its only 2 and a 1/2 weeks out, there just wouldn't be enough time to make up 15% or so points. Then you have the shady Bill Gardner who is still the SoS of NH, and we all know about the debacle that occurred there last time. If he was leading in NH right now, every single GOP goblin out there would surely do all they can to stop it.

I just cannot for the life of me understand why NH is for Romney. At one time I wanted to move to the "Live Free or Die" state. How in the world is a libertarian leaning state going for Romney?!?!

GeorgiaAvenger
12-23-2011, 06:44 PM
I just cannot for the life of me understand why NH is for Romney. At one time I wanted to move to the "Live Free or Die" state. How in the world is a libertarian leaning state going for Romney?!?!

Because while it has a large libertarian presence, it also has a large moderate presence. Missing: social conservatives

wgadget
12-23-2011, 06:47 PM
I think there are a lot of the so-called Rockefeller Republicans in the northeast, of which Romney is the poster child.

Student Of Paulism
12-23-2011, 06:48 PM

Yea...pretty sad that is, considering their state motto :rolleyes: But it's mostly all due to the fact that so much of the electorate is brainwashed and still sleeping. It's pretty easy though, when it comes to 'why people vote for Romney'. He appeals highly to the visual voter, because he is young, slick, and has that 'presidential' look, when in reality, he is extremely scripted, with endless lip service to that of which comes off as some used car salesman. There was a thread here the other day with some statistical info that some people supporting him, dont even know why they are. That pretty much says it all.

GA is right about the moderates too, they pretty much play a large role throughout the cycle, and those can be some of the toughest ones to sway to Ron's side.