PDA

View Full Version : How a joke became the greatest gift

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-23-2011, 04:33 PM
So sitting in chat just now a few of us were joking around saying things such as "Oh yeah, I heard that pilots are angry at us because they look down on Iowa and see a field of blue and think their instruments have failed and taken them over water. It turns out it is just the sheer volume of Ron Paul signs". It made me think to being here in 2007 at this time when we were all so full of hope and determination even though we knew how heavy the odds were stacked against us.

We were the longshot, the outcasts, the laughing stock of American politics. We were called names, shoved away and some of us were even disowned by our families and friends simply for refusing to be quiet for one moment longer. I remember the tears and the fear of what would become of this movement that so many of us struggled to build as we watched supporters flee when primary after primary saw us fall so far short of the bar that we had set so high. I remember the day when Ron announced that the campaign was over and I broke down in tears in the arms of my Wife. Sure, maybe a big man is not supposed to cry but this is my home. The land my ancestors bled for and in some cases, died for. All for a dream that they were creating a nation where no government could keep them from their dreams. A nation where they were free to speak and worship as they wanted. A nation that was a grand experiment unlike any other on earth. It had turned into a nation of perpetual war, economic restriction and where fraud and corruption lurked around every corner. That campaign meant everything to me. The numerous trips to go campaign, the standing for hours in bone chilling cold, the money donated during these things called "moneybombs" and even just being here and knowing that, for once, I was not alone. Every single bit of it was worth it because I knew that just like my ancestors, I had been fighting for a grand cause. A cause of freedom, prosperity and peace and one day I could honestly look my children in the face and tell them that they could hold their head high because their family did not bear the shame of what had become of our great nation.

Still, I worried! What would become of this movement? Would we slowly fade away? Would I go back to being the lone wolf left to bray alone in the wilderness? I soon learned my answer as the Revolution March came together and C4L went into action. I saw my fellow supporters staying right here with me and slowly we added new faces and educated and reached out and just absolutely refused to go away. We ran for offices across the land and win or lose we certainly opened hearts and minds. We took to social networks and unleashed with a constant barrage of "truth bombs" to our loved ones and fellow activists. We rallied for events such as cpac and shook the rafters of the building with chants of "end the fed". We produced films and music. We started radio shows and websites. We NEVER quit and we NEVER shut up. We held out hope that we would live to try again and that our fellow citizens would awaken from their slumber to find that the brushfire was burning bright and did they ever find it. Our numbers grew and now instead of just people under 30 we were getting the attention of a wide demographic. We were at events where you can see the emotion in Ron Paul's eyes as he saw a sea of people ready to take this land back but it was not just Ron that saw us.. The establishment saw us, our citizens saw us and the world saw us.

Today, as we approach 2012 I cannot help but think back to what this all was in 2007 and how far we have come. Eevery day we read stories of new people coming on board to this train of liberty. We see the polls where we are in first place. We are seeing a populace that is seeing through a controlled media who is intent to try to silence us wherever they can but because of the determination of a small band of patriots who were content to stay silent not one minute longer - we are winning. I thank all of you who have gone through the good and the bad with me over these years now. I am blessed to have been with you at events, to have spent night planning and organizing with you and yes, even just goofing off with you and in the process making some of the best friends I have ever had in my life. You guys give me strength to keep shouting and keep pushing and most of all to keep looking at my kids and saying "I hope"

So as I sat in chat and joked I had to pause as a tear formed in the corner of my eye.. A simple joke led to the greatest Christmas gift I have ever been given. Sure, maybe they still call us names but in 2012 that name is "frontrunner". Merry Christmas RPF and thanks for letting me help you start a revolution.

Now let's go win us Iowa.

twomp
12-23-2011, 04:40 PM
Amen brother! I'm new here but I too would like to thank you good folks here at RPF. Thanks for keeping the flames of liberty lit and helping people like me find our way. Thanks for the acceptance as well! I look forward to standing by your side in the years to come! Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all of you as well!

Ron Paul 2012! ~ our last honest politician

TexasJake
12-23-2011, 04:42 PM
This was an uplifting read. I'm fairly new here as well. Thanks to all of you who have been fighting the good fight for so long, I'm honored to be among you.

Oh yeah....

Merry Christmas!

Endthefednow
12-23-2011, 04:44 PM
I would like to thank you along with the others who started the R3volution for not giving up. Ron Paul 2012!!!

Merry Christmas to all RPF :D

heavenlyboy34
12-23-2011, 04:47 PM
Merry Christmas, sir! :)

PursuePeace
12-23-2011, 05:31 PM
This was an uplifting read. I'm fairly new here as well. Thanks to all of you who have been fighting the good fight for so long, I'm honored to be among you.
[/B]

Ditto. I really appreciate all of you here who fought the good fight last election.
Glad to be part of it this time around.
What an inspiring post.

BuddyRey
12-23-2011, 05:57 PM
Dude...that was beautiful.

Where is the emoticon for "leaking Niagra Falls through my tearducts?"

The One
12-23-2011, 06:14 PM
Damn dude...that was inspiring for someone who has lost a lot of the fire over the years. Thank you.

DealzOnWheelz
12-23-2011, 06:29 PM
I promised myself i wouldn't cry

MsDoodahs
12-23-2011, 06:32 PM
:)

Merry Christmas!

XTreat
12-23-2011, 06:35 PM
Thank you for sharing +rep.

The One
12-23-2011, 09:27 PM
bump

kill the banks
12-23-2011, 09:30 PM
the spirit is building

J_White
12-23-2011, 10:52 PM
Merry X'mas !!
let Santa Claus bring victory to Dr.Paul !!
we need to be focused and work hard.

Steve-in-NY
12-24-2011, 12:07 AM
Another new guy here wanting to thank you all as well. Merry Christmas to all.

CUnknown
12-24-2011, 12:11 AM
Amen. Merry Christmas.

The One
12-24-2011, 10:14 AM
One more bump

tomahawk
12-24-2011, 10:33 AM
Very nice, Merry Christmas

Paul Fan
12-24-2011, 10:56 AM
You just spoke for me. Dr. Paul and the liberty movement gave me hope again.

satchelmcqueen
12-24-2011, 12:45 PM
nice post. i remember 07-08 very well. it never ended.