PDA

View Full Version : 25 young supporters made 8074 calls for Ron Paul into NH yesterday, Motivated by the media

qwerty
12-23-2011, 07:02 AM
Motivated against the unfair press directed at the good Doctor Paul, 25 young supporters did something about it. They made 8074 phone calls into New Hampshire today. They took that hill, in this media war, and held their ground. "Don't Tread On Me"

http://phone.ronpaul2012.com/

http://www.facebook.com/groups/phonefromhome/

THIS IS THE RIGHT&BEST WAY TO FIGHT AGAINST THE UNFAIR MEDIA AND SPREAD THE TRUTH DIRECTLY TO THE VOTERS!

THANK YOU MSM, YOU ARE MOTIVATING US!

I REALLY HOPE THAT EVERYBODY SERIOUSLY CONSIDER HELPING THIS EFFORT OR SOME OTHER EFFORT!

OTHER OPTION IS http://ronpaulbrochure.com/

bluesc
12-23-2011, 07:04 AM
That's awesome :eek:

socal
12-23-2011, 07:24 AM
Here's another way to fight: cancel your cable subscription and don't feed the beast.

qwerty
12-23-2011, 07:50 AM
This is the way to fight against the disinformation spreaded by the media...

squirekyle
12-23-2011, 07:52 AM
http://phone.ronpaul2012.com PLEASE START!

qwerty
12-23-2011, 07:52 AM
Here's another way to fight: cancel your cable subscription and don't feed the beast.

that time will come when Ron is elected! People wake up and see that they have been disinformed!

vechorik
12-23-2011, 09:35 AM
Yes, yes, yes! Awesome!

That's what I do when I see unfair treatment of Dr. Paul, or I'm arguing with a stonehead -- I say "To heck with them! They won't be at the causus!"
So I get one the PHONE as my sweet, sweet revenge!

FA.Hayek
12-23-2011, 09:53 AM
REP

silk30
12-23-2011, 10:04 AM
Wow, that is some serious motivation :)

sofia
12-23-2011, 10:12 AM
This is awesome.

I like to fund more super brochure mailings when the media pisses me off....very therapuetic...

gerryb
12-23-2011, 10:29 AM
The brochure project completely undermines the phone from home program and all the hours spent with it.

Donate to the campaign if your going to donate

FriedChicken
12-23-2011, 10:39 AM
I don't really understand how it would undermine phone from home?

Omnica
12-23-2011, 12:37 PM
Synergy man

Shane Harris
12-23-2011, 12:42 PM
I don't really understand how it would undermine phone from home?

same

Badger for Paul
12-23-2011, 12:42 PM
gerryb,
Could you expand on your statements? I guess I don't understand in what way it undermines the phone from home program. Do you mean that the pamphlets could be better targeted to potential voters by the campaign with the info from the phone from home program as opposed to being sent to everyone, including those unlikely to support RP under any circumstances?
Thanks.

bluesc
12-23-2011, 12:45 PM
gerryb,
Could you expand on your statements?
Thanks.

Apparently we aren't allowed to. Word from above (wherever that may be) is that we are losing votes because of it. I can imagine it will especially hurt in SC.

qwerty
12-23-2011, 01:04 PM
The brochure project completely undermines the phone from home program and all the hours spent with it.

knowing the truth about Ron hurts him ?

Ron Paul likes the brochures...

Badger for Paul
12-23-2011, 03:06 PM
The pamphlet undermines the campaign, but I can't tell you how. What? If you are going to throw out a claim like that, please back it up. I know that a lot of people have put a lot of time and money into that project. Please inform the forums about how/why you think this.

da32130
12-23-2011, 03:43 PM
The pamphlet undermines the campaign, but I can't tell you how. What? If you are going to throw out a claim like that, please back it up. I know that a lot of people have put a lot of time and money into that project. Please inform the forums about how/why you think this.

We already know the good and bad of giving so much information:

1) Good: some people may latch on to something they see and become big supporters
2) Bad: others may be turned off by something they see

Phone from home only gives information that helps Paul. So everyone moves in his direction or away from other candidates.

I'm sure it has converted people that otherwise might not have been reached by phone from home but it probably has turned off people that phone from home may have converted.

I don't know how you judge the net impact of that. If they have a way they can't tell us due to election laws.

da32130
12-23-2011, 03:55 PM

1) Good: some people may latch on to something they see and become big supporters

Phone from home only gives information that helps Paul. So everyone moves in his direction or away from other candidates.

I'm sure it has converted people that otherwise might not have been reached by phone from home but it probably has turned off people that phone from home may have converted.

I don't know how you judge the net impact of that. If they have a way they can't tell us due to election laws.

My guess: when they do conversion calls voters bring up things they found in the brochure and are harder to convince.

I bet this is it.

Tax the Fed
12-23-2011, 04:03 PM
And for the caucus states like Nevada and Iowa - these young supporters will need to register as Republicans.

Phone calls can be even to their friends who can walk to the local precinct to vote at the caucus.

In Iowa at least, this is merely a secret ballot on a slip of paper (which is called in to GOP hdqtrs.)
and more importantly perhaps - they can vote again on another slip of paper for the middle-aged "old goats" like moi
when we speak to ask to be voted in as delegates
(as long as they turn 18 by the November general election).

Iowa decides it's actual delegates in June 2012, before the National Convention in August 2012.

http://gopconvention2012.com/

qwerty
12-23-2011, 07:06 PM
bump!

qwerty
12-23-2011, 07:07 PM

this is kind of crazy argument...

GeorgiaAvenger
12-23-2011, 07:18 PM

Maybe, in these early big states

I think if the campaign is going to screw around in some of the states with small turnouts but lots of delegates, grassroots should take it into its own hands.

da32130
12-23-2011, 09:30 PM
this is kind of crazy argument...

can you kind of explain why?

muh_roads
12-23-2011, 10:35 PM

I did this a long time ago. It is very refreshing.

J_White
12-23-2011, 10:49 PM
I salute you, Revolutionaries !!

qwerty
12-24-2011, 01:56 AM
can you kind of explain why?

cause i think itīs better that we tell the truth about Ron, i they get their "truth" from the media we lose.

I think that people will take a closer look to a candidate before they vote this time, itīs better that we tell them the real facts right away.

da32130
12-24-2011, 07:13 AM
cause i think itīs better that we tell the truth about Ron, i they get their "truth" from the media we lose.

I think that people will take a closer look to a candidate before they vote this time, itīs better that we tell them the real facts right away.

All you are saying is that you think people will choose to ignore the things they don't like about Paul or that the brochure will convert them. Longer term him fleshing out his whole philosophy is good for the movement. However, short term people could be put off by some of his ideas. If those areas a very important to them they might choose someone else. Using the phone from home program they might never have been exposed to that negative idea (in their minds). I think this is hard to deny and is hardly crazy.

I think it is the difference between getting a core group of followers and trying to get marginal followers. Phone from home probably wants to focus on items of agreement with the marginal followers instead of convincing them of the whole philosophy at once.

I'm not saying the brochure is bad. It is probably winning some hard core converts and clearing up some misperceptions. However, with that comes exposing people to things they may have strong disagreement with that phone from home could have avoided. So there is a conflict in styles. If phone from home could reach every voter this more personalized approach is probably better. However, if phone from home isn't reaching everyone then the brochures probably capture some people who otherwise would be missed.

Summary: The brochure has some positives, but it probably gets in the way of phone from home with some people. The question is how do we get 50% support. Are we going to be able to convince 50% of voters to become libertarians. Maybe people know enough of the negatives that the brochure can't hurt. Both programs have weakness/strengths and there is some conflict (brochure-wide reach,strong converts; phone from home - effective for marginal supporters, more time consuming)

qwerty
12-24-2011, 10:45 AM
I still think itīs better for us to be honest with the voters, like many says " i donīt allways agree with Ron but i allways know where he stands".

We should be saying that " we donīt have to agree on everything, we just must agree that we all should be FREE"!

qwerty
12-25-2011, 01:02 AM
BUMP!

Keith and stuff
12-25-2011, 08:17 AM

I do not know about that. I know the super brochure is not accurate. It doesn't not accurately represent Ron Paul's position. It does take positions more extreme than Ron Paul. So, it makes sense that it is possible if some Ron Paul supporters read it, they will no longer be Ron Paul supporters. It is also possible that some people will decide to never throw their support behind Ron Paul after reading it.

It may be useful if you want to get Libertarian Party people and anarcho-capitialists into supporting Ron Paul. Howver, the giving the super brochure to regular people may well be counter productive. I wouldn't be opposed to it if it accurately reflected Ron Paul's positions on the issues.

I don't think the people that are spreading the super brochure are trying to hurt Ron Paul's campaign on purpose. Maybe they are just more concerned about spread the message of liberty than electing Ron Paul. Maybe they are just confused on where Ron Paul stands on the issues. They could have any number of not negative reasons for spreading it.