PDA

View Full Version : Washington States GOP trying to "out" Ron Paul delegates?

Agorism
12-23-2011, 06:37 AM
Washington States GOP trying to "out" Ron Paul delegates?

http://thereaganwing.wordpress.com/2011/12/21/breaking-wsrp-wants-your-presidential-preference-now

The article is written kind of silly but still has an interesting point.

Luieburger
12-23-2011, 09:06 AM
The WA State GOP does fight dirty from time to time. I've worked with some of them. Good post. +Rep

ZanZibar
12-23-2011, 09:23 AM
Hmmm....

gerryb
12-23-2011, 10:33 AM
Replace them...

surf
12-23-2011, 10:42 AM
they did it to us last time, and they'll do it to us again. believe me, these guys (and i'm one of them) lust for war and fear Iran like they are told to do. but that's primarily the old guard, though young preppy republicans tend to toe the line.

i went to a meeeting last summer and sat with a gal who said, "we need to get out of this social-conservative mindset." after first thinking, "cool, lets have a dope-fueled 3-way," i came to the conclusion that there is hope in this state.

edit: this is news to me, though 4 yrs ago they asked us to write down our candidate of choice when signing up for the caucuses: i advised my precinct to leave it vacant and others did as well, yet results were announced as if they were official - and we got 22%. would have been much higher had we all come-clean at once.

edit2: at the district convention they required all nominated delegates to state their candidate of choice - it seemed a bit of a stretch but they had the numbers and the power.

The MT story reminded me of this

Agorism
12-23-2011, 10:47 AM
This was a post on daily paul

BEWARE OF STATE HACKS---this is what happened in MONTANA
Submitted by cepivon on Fri, 12/23/2011 - 12:15.
When we had the State Convention, they had figured just WHO the Ron Paul supporters were, so they had 2 different microphone stands set up, one on each side of the room.

THEN, they called our names up to introduce ourselves. THIS WAS A PLOY!!!

How? Because they wanted the local uninvolved type RINOS to know WHICH PEOPLE WERE RON PAUL SUPPORTERS, so that that would be the audience's "cue" not to vote for them.

This way they controlled JUST WHO THE DELEGATES that THEY WANTED to go to the convention. Not even Dave, our head leader who had worked so tirelessly, was able to go to the convention. And, even though Ron Paul came in SECOND & McCain THIRD, they manipulated it so that NOT ONE FRIGGIN' RON PAUL DELEGATE went to the national convention.

WHEN ROMNEY dropped out of the race in 2008, RON PAUL "should have" had ALL 25 DELEGATES to go to the National Convention. He didn't even get one stinking delegate, ALL BECAUSE of the sheer manipulation at the State level.

I am WARNING YOU ALL to make sure you insist nothing like this happens in Iowa! NO separate miss. NO identifying of RP supporters! IF they just try to do it, you guys go up to that mic & FORGET introducing you as a person other than your name & YOU TALK YOUR 2 MINUTES ABOUT THE UNFAIRNESS OF THIS CRAP.

BE PREPARED FOR SHENANIGANS & VIDEO THE WHOLE TIME~~~tell those people you are putting this out for the WHOLE WORLD to see just how CORRUPT elections have become!

Whenever they try to identify Paul supports, I am always leery.

http://www.dailypaul.com/195948/iowa-vaucs-goers-do-not-leave-after-voting

satchelmcqueen
12-23-2011, 10:57 AM
bump

smtwngrl
12-23-2011, 01:42 PM
I think this needs to be a sticky...and perhaps with a new title, such as "Dirty Politics by state GOP".

How many RP supporters are there who are unaware/unprepared for things like this? After all of the efforts of the campaign and grassroots, we don't need this.

I remember reading about some things like this in 2008. I remember that in some places (Nevada was one) people were sent incorrect information about where to go to caucus. By the time they went to the wrong place, found out, and went to the right place, they were late and were not allowed in.

jasonxe
12-23-2011, 01:52 PM
Show up early (I mean early), don't wear ron paul stuff, dress business like, don't show up in groups (one by one), say you're voting for Mitt, find an actual delegate of mitt and copy what they do.

rockandrollsouls
12-23-2011, 02:05 PM
Always say you are voting for the establishment hack.

rockandrollsouls
12-23-2011, 02:26 PM
Bump again, has anyone alerted the campaign about this? There should be a protocol for delegates to remain as low key as possible. Don't give out personal info if it can be avoided, or, just say you're "conservative" and voting for Newt, Romney, or Perry.

Turn it AROUND on them so they think they are selecting those who aren't Paul supporters!