PDA

View Full Version : Nevada GOP Primary Poll: Romney 33%, Gingrich 29%, Paul 13% Dec 12-20

jer4liberty
12-23-2011, 06:26 AM
http://www.nevadaappeal.com/article/20111223/NEWS/111229909/1006&parentprofile=1

Among registered Republicans, Romney was also the favorite to win Nevada's Feb. 4 GOP caucuses with 33 percent support. Gingrich had 29 percent support and Paul was at 13 percent support. Gingrich has since fallen out of favor in national polls.

Seems like they only polled registered republicans...still for a state we got 2nd in, shouldn't we have better numbers. I'm amazed how Gingrich is doing so well out there.....

Matthew Zak
12-23-2011, 06:29 AM
You would think that Mr. pro-do-what-though-wants-to-their-own-damn-body would win that state handily.

Drex
12-23-2011, 06:30 AM
Well it started on the 12th a lot has changed since then

jer4liberty
12-23-2011, 06:33 AM
http://www.8newsnow.com/story/16373858/poll-numbers-show-romney-leading-in-nevada

The actual data. They really have shitty cross tabs, they separate Clark County versus rest of Nevada and don't do a combined one. Also, it seems in all the people polled for the GOP primary was in the 200's...

All I can gather from their crosstabs, if you want to call it that, is that Ron does very well in Clark County...not well at all in the rest of Nevada, which would seem backards to me...

jer4liberty
12-23-2011, 06:35 AM
Only Romney does better head to head versus Obama than Paul....Gingrich is close, the rest way behind.

qwerty
12-23-2011, 06:46 AM
maybe send some brochures! ;)

http://ronpaulbrochure.com/nv_choose_county.php

cdc482
12-23-2011, 06:55 AM
This sucks. Even if we win Iowa, if we get 2nd in NH, and lose in Nevada, Flordia, and SC, we're still going to lose the nomination to Mitt. We have to pick it up in Nevada.

qwerty
12-23-2011, 06:56 AM
This sucks. Even if we win Iowa, if we get 2nd in NH, and lose in Nevada, Flordia, and SC, we're still going to lose the nomination to Mitt. We have to pick it up in Nevada.

omg! WE HAVE OVER MONTH LEFT TO WORK THERE...

Gage
12-23-2011, 06:59 AM
Seems like they only polled registered republicans...
You have to be registered Republican to vote in the primary in Nevada.

Carehn
12-23-2011, 07:07 AM
All the states around Utah will be a hard fight because of the Mormon population. I know many Mormons living in Idaho who support people other then mittens but most will be supporting him simply because he is also Mormon.

But don't think I'm putting them down, they seem to be big on freedom and self sustained living and many of them are capable of thought. And at the risk of sounding like a collectivist I'm also going to say the the Mormons vote in blocks and will mostly back mittens to support the church more then anything.

Canderson
12-23-2011, 09:07 AM
All the states around Utah will be a hard fight because of the Mormon population. I know many Mormons living in Idaho who support people other then mittens but most will be supporting him simply because he is also Mormon.

But don't think I'm putting them down, they seem to be big on freedom and self sustained living and many of them are capable of thought. And at the risk of sounding like a collectivist I'm also going to say the the Mormons vote in blocks and will mostly back mittens to support the church more then anything.

If we can win New Hampshire, Romney will very likely be gone by the time most the mormon states vote. He certainly won't win Forida or South Carolina and Nevada would be a very late starting point. I feel killing Romney by winning New Hampshire and Nevada is our best chance of locking up the nomination.

hueylong
12-23-2011, 09:17 AM
It's early for Nevada. Do we really need to pee our pants every time a poll comes out? Right now, Iowa numbers are meaningful. New Hampshire numbers will be meaningul on January 4th. Everything else is way too far out. Chill. Then work hard.

sailingaway
12-23-2011, 09:19 AM
It isn't going to be a primary this time, but a caucus only. Did they poll it as a primary or a caucus? Because it makes a HUGE difference.

sailingaway
12-23-2011, 09:21 AM
If we can win New Hampshire, Romney will very likely be gone by the time most the mormon states vote. He certainly won't win Forida or South Carolina and Nevada would be a very late starting point. I feel killing Romney by winning New Hampshire and Nevada is our best chance of locking up the nomination.

There is no chance Romney will be gone before Nevada. It is proportional delegates, because it is early, but that works as much against us as for us since the party tends to come out 'owning' the delegates of those who drop out. (not always, but most times.)

The telephone poll of 600 registered Nevada voters was conducted by the University of Nevada, Las Vegas' Cannon Survey Center from Dec. 12 through Tuesday. It had a margin of error of plus or minus 4 percentage points.

OK, it wasn't a caucus poll at all. They polled it as if it were a minimal time commitment primary, not even that. These aren't even 'likely voters' just 'registered voters'.

tbone717
12-23-2011, 09:41 AM
It's early for Nevada. Do we really need to pee our pants every time a poll comes out? Right now, Iowa numbers are meaningful. New Hampshire numbers will be meaningul on January 4th. Everything else is way too far out. Chill. Then work hard.

^^ This.

As each primary & caucus occurs, it changes the game for the next round. There should be a shift occurring in NH after IA votes as some will go up and some will go down. NH results will effect SC, SC results will effect FL, FL results will effect NV and so on. We are a month and a half away from NV. The will be winners, losers, scandals, gaffes, endorsements, dropouts and so much more between now and then that will effect the vote.

vechorik
12-23-2011, 09:58 AM
Best thing to do is "call from home" We're hitting NV at night and yes, responses are Gingrich/Romney, even when they have issues like closing the border and gun rights. The campaign is working hard on them. Are you?