PDA

View Full Version : The continuing militarization of police.

Anti Federalist
12-22-2011, 11:19 PM
War with whom, exactly?

Yeah, that's right mundane, you.

Cops are the standing army the founders warned of.

Local Cops Ready for War With Homeland Security-Funded Military Weapons

Dec 21, 2011 4:45 AM EST

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/12/20/local-cops-ready-for-war-with-homeland-security-funded-military-weapons.html

(snip)

“With local law enforcement, their mission is to solve crimes after they’ve happened, and to ensure that people’s constitutional rights are protected in the process,” says Jesselyn McCurdy, senior legislative counsel for the American Civil Liberties Union. “The military obviously has a mission where they are fighting an enemy. When you use military tactics in the context of law enforcement, the missions don’t match, and that’s when you see trouble with the overmilitarization of police.”

coastie
12-22-2011, 11:42 PM
War with whom, exactly?

Cops are the standing army the founders warned of.

Local Cops Ready for War With Homeland Security-Funded Military Weapons

Dec 21, 2011 4:45 AM EST

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/12/20/local-cops-ready-for-war-with-homeland-security-funded-military-weapons.html

(snip)

“With local law enforcement, their mission is to solve crimes after they’ve happened, and to ensure that people’s constitutional rights are protected in the process,” says Jesselyn McCurdy, senior legislative counsel for the American Civil Liberties Union. “The military obviously has a mission where they are fighting an enemy. When you use military tactics in the context of law enforcement, the missions don’t match, and that’s when you see trouble with the overmilitarization of police.”

Yeah, the last time I was pulled over, two cops got out, and I swear these guys were about to go out on a night patrol in Iraq.

The stop was short and sweet(uneventful), and I could see how someone without prior LE experience as myself would be really intimidated-and for what?

Anti Federalist
12-23-2011, 12:04 AM
Yeah, the last time I was pulled over, two cops got out, and I swear these guys were about to go out on a night patrol in Iraq.

The stop was short and sweet(uneventful), and I could see how someone without prior LE experience as myself would be really intimidated-and for what?

To let you know just who the boss is.

KCIndy
12-23-2011, 12:10 AM
War with whom, exactly?

Damn straight.

I read that article earlier today when I saw it on Drudge. For me, Bratton's quote was the Grand Prize winner in the "kick in the nuts" category:

“I don’t see us as militarizing police; I see us as keeping abreast with society,” former Los Angeles Police chief William Bratton says. “And we are a gun-crazy society.”

Of course, giving up the right to protect oneself doesn't apply to him and his. No way. The sheer arrogance of his statement ought to be a wake up call for anyone who is remotely skeptical about the direction the Federal government is heading.

Ben Bernanke
12-23-2011, 12:19 AM
Makes you wonder who the enemy is they are preparing to fight?

Al Qaeda must be hiding under my bed again

coastie
12-23-2011, 01:15 AM
Makes you wonder who the enemy is they are preparing to fight?

Al Qaeda must be hiding under my bed again

Nah-they're more worried about the al-CIAduh that lies on your bed, not the boogey man under it-they already know that one does not exist..;)

coastie
12-23-2011, 01:19 AM
To let you know just who the boss is.

I know-I used to be "the boss".:p

More of a "for what" in that I'm not seeing any danger around me(besides them), and I can take care of myself. If the .45 w/ 14 rounds plus the other 13 rd magazine I carry at all times is not enough-well, "maybe I should have brought my rifle with me that day" will be my last thought.

DamianTV
12-23-2011, 02:27 AM
St. Peter to Dead Police Victim: So what was the last thing to go through your mind before you died?

Dead Police Victim to St. Peter: His bullet.

---

Every single time I read one of these threads, I feel the need to point out the "Chain of Obedience". From just a physical ability perspective, if the cop has the ability to end your life very quickly, he has the physical ability to end the life of the person who is giving him orders just as easily. And the higher up the food chain you go, the more that you find that those individuals at the top have less and less actual physical ability to inflict physical harm on someone else. Thus, it isnt a "Chain of Command". A Chain of Command would put the person with the most physcal ability at the absolute top of that food pyramid. But since we know this to not be true, we can only come to the conclusion that it is not the "Chain of Command" that forces cops to do every heinous act against us that has ever been done, but the "Chain of Obedience", and that is the Chain that must be broken before we can be free.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6NcLNoxiPBk

"Obedience is the Real Foundation for Misplaced Power."

If the cops were to stop obeying the orders given to them by "their superiors" to inflict harm upon us, and instead become an Oath Keeper (http://www.oathkeepers.org), it would be a few of their corrupt superiors that would be in prisons instead of thousands upon thousands of us Mundanes.