PDA

View Full Version : Pay it Forward... Get one voter

J_White
12-22-2011, 10:21 PM
Most of us have been fairly recent supporters of Ron Paul.
I myself came to know about him in 07-08, during his last run for Presidency. Since I am an avid internet user. I got most of my info from there.
But there are many people who dont rely that much on the internet. We need to get to those people, and we can do that by going and talking to them, one on one.
That is the most effective way to convince someone to vote for Dr.Paul, because it gives them an opportunity to clarify any doubts they might have.

Being a true conservative, let me take a conservative figure of saying that 15% nationally support Dr. Paul.
If we, the 15%, armed with knowledge about his stands on issues and principles, spread the word to one new voter - by directly talking to them or in some online conversation, we might push the national figure to 30%.

this idea has indeed been pushed around for a while and people mention it, but as of now, why dont each of us make it a point to make the effort to convince one new voter (at least), in anyway possible.

The MSM and the GOP establishment are not going to be with us, at least maybe until RP finally wins the GOP nomination. By then in fact the liberal media will also jump into attack mode.
Everytime they do that, we must try to do something positive for the campaign. Conserve our energies to do something effective.

FluxCapacitor
12-22-2011, 10:39 PM
1) Tell your friends and family WHY you support Ron Paul.
2) Phone from Home. More calling = more winning. http://phone.ronpaul2012.com

PauliticsPolitics
12-22-2011, 10:50 PM
According to this logic, if we converted 6.67 people each, that 15% would become 100%.
I'm sure most people on this forum have converted 7 people, but Ron's 15% are not all on this forum!
More so, many Ron Paul converts are new primary voters, not old guard republicans, not converted Romney/Grinch voters. So it is not safe to assume that doubling the number of Ron Paul supporters also doubles our percentage.
REGARDLESS, yes, convert as many people as you can and tell them to do the same.
Also, phone from home!

J_White
12-23-2011, 12:20 AM
I know my math was never good !:D
Just making the point that we should focus on going directly to the voters and spread his message.
For new supporters, who may not be as hardcore as the old ones (like you!), starting with the goal of trying to convince 1 person is more manageable and good enough to get someone started.
Same goes for phone from home. you make one call, see how easy it is and then you go on to make more.
Its the start that is the most difficult.
I hope people are able to push their own limits and do more !

According to this logic, if we converted 6.67 people each, that 15% would become 100%.
I'm sure most people on this forum have converted 7 people, but Ron's 15% are not all on this forum!
More so, many Ron Paul converts are new primary voters, not old guard republicans, not converted Romney/Grinch voters. So it is not safe to assume that doubling the number of Ron Paul supporters also doubles our percentage.
REGARDLESS, yes, convert as many people as you can and tell them to do the same.
Also, phone from home!